Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H compass will not calibrate!

Yes I did, and all seems fine. Here a thing now. Yuneec France distributor mails me and tells me that compass calibration and gps are separate. According to him and by means of what I describe, it seems calibration is ok. So then why wont GPS lock? makes a bit of sense as I have had green light after calibration, this confirming successful compass calibration (CC). So if CC is ok, upon reboot, no gps lock so hence the orange/purple lights? So now how do I get GPS to work?

Yes I did, and all seems fine. Here a thing now. Yuneec France distributor mails me and tells me that compass calibration and gps are separate. According to him and by means of what I describe, it seems calibration is ok. So then why wont GPS lock? makes a bit of sense as I have had green light after calibration, this confirming successful compass calibration (CC). So if CC is ok, upon reboot, no gps lock so hence the orange/purple lights? So now how do I get GPS to work?
Crazy question,but what position is your landing gear switch in?

After the you do the calibration dance with the H and it resets have you tried to power down the H and then power it back up and then wait for the system to re-allocate GPS and camera? If so, does it do that successfully?

tried it all, gear switch in all positions, restart, reboot, you name it. This unit is faulty and Yuneec will not help to give me the hard reset sequence to try out! Many others off this forum have the same shitty experience as me. Today I have to follow 5 Ferrari's on a coastal road and will have to do the whole flight manually, flying and camera work!! that's a workload and definitely the reason I bought the H initially! Annoyed, frustrated and hope Yuneec wake up!!

i have a question about typhoon h calibration so do i need to calibrate a brand new typhoon h ?if not so when i suppose to calibrate ?

tried it all, gear switch in all positions, restart, reboot, you name it. This unit is faulty and Yuneec will not help to give me the hard reset sequence to try out! Many others off this forum have the same shitty experience as me. Today I have to follow 5 Ferrari's on a coastal road and will have to do the whole flight manually, flying and camera work!! that's a workload and definitely the reason I bought the H initially! Annoyed, frustrated and hope Yuneec wake up!!

If you have not done so, and forgive me if you have already posted that you have, but I would remove the h and camera from the ST16 and rebind them both I had to do that when mine got a little weird and it's the closet to a factory reset I can find best of luck

Eric I have gone through this thread twice, try to set up a new model go down to the bottom go all way over to the right where it says a new model. Establish a new model recalibrate excuse me rebind the camera and The model see if that will work for you. Do not remove the old model.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Eric I have gone through this thread twice, try to set up a new model go down to the bottom go all way over to the right where it says a new model. Establish a new model recalibrate excuse me rebind the camera and The model see if that will work for you. Do not remove the old model.

Yeah he said it better LOL

Hi guys

I have tried pointing north, props and camera off and have watched every video in every language. Start calibration, do the 6 stage twisting and at the end of it all, TH reboots and goes straight back to orange blinks between purple ones. I think unit is faulty and unfortunately, I flew to Paris to buy this unit. I live in South Africa where we have no distributor and no service for Yuneec TH!!!! I wish Yuneec would just send me a new compass to fit myself. 20 odd flights so far in self fly mode and no experiencing of all the features I bought this unit for, very frustrating.
Will try again tomorrow!

Thanks for the input guys, will keep you posted. If all fails Ill post a video of my lions eating it up!
O mesmo aconteceu comigo comprei miami e vôo em Miami mas viagei para o Rio e aqui eu tenho o mesmo problema que voce! Luz laranja depois do procedimento e o aviso no st16! Você conseguiu resolver o problema?

The same happened to me I bought Miami and flight in Miami but I traveled to Rio and here I have the same problem as you! Orange light after procedure and warning on st16! Were you able to solve the problem?

I have to do this quite often, about every 3-4 times out. For some reason it looses compass cal. ST16 cal does nothing. Have to create a new model, sometimes 3-4 times. Then cal works and I'm flying again, getting very tiresome. I never know if I'll be flying in 5 minutes or 1 hour +:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio