Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H compass will not calibrate!

Reaction score
Any suggestions?
Tried 30 plus time, nothing!
Yuneec support not too good
tried open fields, even drove half way to the desert!!!
Thanks

Remove camera and propellors, makes it alot easier to spin ONCE or TWICE, sometimes it needs to spin twice to get the lights to flip to next compass rotation. There is a Yuneec youtube video that shows it better than the manual and that is what helped the greatest. I too had problems calibrating for 8+ times until watching that video and removing propellors

You don't describe what problem you are having with the calibration. Does it go into calibration mode? Does it never give you the "success" lights and sound?

Mine would always make the success sound but I noticed mine would make the success sounds and do the lights before I was even done. My first one had GPS issues, I wound up exchanging it....

I tried calibrating the compass the first time I flew the H with the propellers on and it was very awkward. The second time I performed the calibration I left the props off and it was much easier.
Mine also would flash the light before I got all the way around and a couple times would flash just before I started the 'twist' but just kept going on through. One or two of the turns took two rotations.

Eric you have time to do this. These THs are tough. Just try to keep it head high so you can watch the lights. You'll get better.

What lights are you looking for to determine if you've been successful?

The lights under each arm. Go to the Yuneec web site and watch the intro videos from them. If you haven't already. It is all explained.

hi, my question: its mandatory to point to MAGENTIC NORTH for compass calibration of the H? how many (minimun number) sattellites acquired in the base/station/controller AND in the H itself are needed to calibrate compass?.
Tks !!

Last edited:
Hi guys

I have tried pointing north, props and camera off and have watched every video in every language. Start calibration, do the 6 stage twisting and at the end of it all, TH reboots and goes straight back to orange blinks between purple ones. I think unit is faulty and unfortunately, I flew to Paris to buy this unit. I live in South Africa where we have no distributor and no service for Yuneec TH!!!! I wish Yuneec would just send me a new compass to fit myself. 20 odd flights so far in self fly mode and no experiencing of all the features I bought this unit for, very frustrating.
Will try again tomorrow!

Thanks for the input guys, will keep you posted. If all fails Ill post a video of my lions eating it up!

Eric I'm impressed. Call Yuneec. You may need to do a factory reset. Good luck. Fly safe.

Reactions: GRH
My very first Typhoon would not compass calibrate either, but it never went into a reboot sequence. Instead it just flashed White at the end of the sequence. Usually a reboot is a good sign.

How does it fly? Does it drift all over the place or remain stable?

hi, my question: its mandatory to point to MAGENTIC NORTH for compass calibration of the H? how many (minimun number) sattellites acquired in the base/station/controller AND in the H itself are needed to calibrate compass?.
Tks !!
Customer service in the USA said to face North. Not sure it really matters but doesn't hurt to do that. Satellites have nothing to do with compass calibration.

Customer service in the USA said to face North. Not sure it really matters but doesn't hurt to do that. Satellites have nothing to do with compass calibration.
I do this with both my Typhoon & Phantoms. I use an app on my phone to point me to magnetic north. Is there any truth to this? I have no idea but I do it anyways.

Reactions: GRH

Tanks for your advise. I will give a try tomorrow without props installed and rotating faster at each par of arms.

tried again now, accepts the full calibration process, thereafter resets, light goes solid green , then flashing blue and then back to alternating between purple and orange. WTF!?

Ok now calibrate the accelerometer. Go into system setting. Look at the camera and TH. What color are they? Take the mode off smart mode and put it into angle mode. That is the middle position. Are you inside a room?

tried again now, accepts the full calibration process, thereafter resets, light goes solid green , then flashing blue and then back to alternating between purple and orange. WTF!?
This tells me that there is a conflict between the GPS, compass and IMU. I have not had this happen on a Typhoon, but have had something similar on a Phantom. The suggested fix was a level IMU calibration follow by a compass calibration. It didn't work for my Phantom and I had to send it into DJI for repair. They replaced the entire GPS/compass modules.

Good luck, hope you find success.

tried all again, outside in a field. calibration goes as planned, thereafter solid green for a second, the reboot with all lights off, then back to blinking orange purple. All done in angle mode outside, did all calibrations and accelerometers, they show up orange on the st16 monitor under system settings. I have a dud hex!!!! ill make a video to show. Thanks for the suggestions, really appreciated. Hopefully one works! may need a hard reset . If only Yunneec monitored and responded as we are the ambassadors that can help future owners!!!

tried all again, outside in a field. calibration goes as planned, thereafter solid green for a second, the reboot with all lights off, then back to blinking orange purple. All done in angle mode outside, did all calibrations and accelerometers,they show up orange on the st16 monitor under system settings. I have a dud hex!!!! ill make a video to show. Thanks for the suggestions, really appreciated. Hopefully one works! may need a hard reset . If only Yunneec monitored and responded as we are the ambassadors that can help future owners!!!

After 8 atemps for COMPASS CAL, outside, inside, pointing to Mag N, with slow turns, fast turns, allways ends with a solid white in master LED (just after the first or second turn)
In angle mode allways, no aparattus near-powered on, ST16 at 8 mts away.

You say that its necessary to make accelerometers and the other calibration than came out in GPS CALIBRATION menu too?

please, if you can make and post that video will be a great apport to everyone.
Tks!

PD: how do i make a HARD RESET? and what it will produce in my H and ST16?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval