Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H crash. Hidden Compass Calibration Warning and terribly lazy CS (not even answering e-mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I sent them an e-mail to Yuneec Europe, detailing the crash details, telemetry data and even Google Earth flight visualization. The CS at Kaltenkirchen decided not even to lift an eyelid. An e-mail I sent:
"Hello,
First of all, I'd like to share some background information about the unfortunate flight of Typhoon H:
1. It started and flew well, controls were responsive and I made some photos.
2. After flying and coming back in Home Mode, I started the Typhoon H in Smart mode (again).
3. However, this time, after ascending at altitude of 10 meters, the drone became very unresponsive, and it began going in a wide circle (upon examining telemetry data after the crash, I found out it was an Error 32 - Compass Calibration Warning - during midflight). No Compass Calibration Warning on ST16 flight controller was shown during the flight.
5. I tried to land it, but at few meters of altitude with landing gear down, it suddenly began to fly very fast (55 km/h) in a straight line to the tree away from me and it crashed horribly.

As I read Yuneec community forums, I have found that it might be firmware's fault which causes the Typhoon H drone to lose control and it just flies at speed on its own, even if it is good reception with the controller.

Where should I seek support towards repairing the drone? The dealer in Lithuania where I purchased the drone is "dronai24.lt" which acquired the drone from Yuneec dealer in Estonia "Meridein OU".
Drone damage photos, flight telemetry data and flight visualization files attached."

So yeah, if you happen to crash your Typhoon H because of hidden Compass Discalibration which occurs out of nowhere during midflight in Europe, you can say goodbye to your 1.8 kgs of plastic and some carbon-fiber. Anyone interested in Typhoon H's w/RealSense spare parts, batteries and ST16 with double antenna? received_887702504695569.jpeg received_887701824695637.jpeg received_888156251316861.jpeg

Attachments

• 20160930_231115.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
Dont give up. They should replace it. Call...call....call...them. Dont let their phone stop ringing. I will say in the USA the CS has been very responsive. You could try contacting usa cs and see if they can point you in the right direction. Dont give up and you will have a new H in your possession.

Bill W.

Dont give up. They should replace it. Call...call....call...them. Dont let their phone stop ringing. I will say in the USA the CS has been very responsive. You could try contacting usa cs and see if they can point you in the right direction. Dont give up and you will have a new H in your possession.

Bill W.
All right, I will try contacting Yuneec UK. I hope they understand English.

All right, I will try contacting Yuneec UK. I hope they understand English.
I have heard on here that uk cs is bad...but just keep going.

Before this incident did you enjoy flying it? I dont have realsense, did it work well for you?

Bill W.

I have heard on here that uk cs is bad...but just keep going.

Before this incident did you enjoy flying it? I dont have realsense, did it work well for you?

Bill W.
Well, in my opinion RealSense module still needs some development effort to be put in.
It slows the drone to absolute minimum, it cannot turn around it's yaw axis as it will only turn to the direction the drone flies ("eyes forward" only).
And it still could fly into the tree (it landed on pine tree foliage at 12 meters above the ground). Had to rent a scaffolding to pick it next morning. The battery got over-discharged as I could not figure it out how to turn the drone off using only remote.

Last edited:
So I sent them an e-mail to Yuneec Europe, detailing the crash details, telemetry data and even Google Earth flight visualization. The CS at Kaltenkirchen decided not even to lift an eyelid. An e-mail I sent:
"Hello,
First of all, I'd like to share some background information about the unfortunate flight of Typhoon H:
1. It started and flew well, controls were responsive and I made some photos.
2. After flying and coming back in Home Mode, I started the Typhoon H in Smart mode (again).
3. However, this time, after ascending at altitude of 10 meters, the drone became very unresponsive, and it began going in a wide circle (upon examining telemetry data after the crash, I found out it was an Error 32 - Compass Calibration Warning - during midflight). No Compass Calibration Warning on ST16 flight controller was shown during the flight.
5. I tried to land it, but at few meters of altitude with landing gear down, it suddenly began to fly very fast (55 km/h) in a straight line to the tree away from me and it crashed horribly.

As I read Yuneec community forums, I have found that it might be firmware's fault which causes the Typhoon H drone to lose control and it just flies at speed on its own, even if it is good reception with the controller.

Where should I seek support towards repairing the drone? The dealer in Lithuania where I purchased the drone is "dronai24.lt" which acquired the drone from Yuneec dealer in Estonia "Meridein OU".
Drone damage photos, flight telemetry data and flight visualization files attached."

So yeah, if you happen to crash your Typhoon H because of hidden Compass Discalibration which occurs out of nowhere during midflight in Europe, you can say goodbye to your 1.8 kgs of plastic and some carbon-fiber. Anyone interested in Typhoon H's w/RealSense spare parts, batteries and ST16 with double antenna? View attachment 3319 View attachment 3320 View attachment 3321
You stated you "Started again in Smart Mode" How far away from you was the H when you took off? If you were inside the "Twenty Six Foot Circle of Death" then your H will respond exactly as you described! Not saying that you did ! But was this the possibility?

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyTexas
You stated you "Started again in Smart Mode" How far away from you was the H when you took off? If you were inside the "Twenty Six Foot Circle of Death" then the your H will respond exactly as you described! Not saying that you did ! But was this the possibility?
I was 12 m away from drone (around 39 ft) when launching in Smart mode. It lifted to 10 m (30 ft) to the air all right but then out of nowhere it got Error32 (no warning or vibrations during the flight on ST16 about Compass Calibration Warning, I only found out about it after the crash from Telemetry data).

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
I was 12 m away from drone (around 39 ft) when launching in Smart mode. It lifted to 10 m (30 ft) to the air all right but then out of nowhere it got Error32 and I have had little control of it from then.
Send her in, your error 32 is all over your flight logs and will be covered under warranty! Call/send to Yuneec Germany, UK

Send her in, your error 32 is all over your flight logs and will be covered under warranty! Call/send to Yuneec Germany, UK
All right, I sent e-mails to both of them. But I think either it's weekend for them or they just chose to ignore me.
EDIT:
Do they cover cameras?
Because my CGO3+ got "decapitated" after this crash.

Last edited:
All right, I sent e-mails to both of them. But I think either it's weekend for them or they just chose to ignore me.
EDIT:
Do they cover cameras?
Yes!

EDIT:
Do they cover cameras?
Several people have reported the support from Yuneec UK is much better than from Germany.

Yuneec UK is the best. I have not heard of a bad word against them. Yuneec Europe is another matter though.

Well, it looks like that Yuneec UK, too, loves to play a game "Well, that Eastern Europe stuff is a German problem. We voted for Brexit".

Giving you the run around in the UK?o_O
At least kudos (+1 respect) to Yuneec UK for at least forwarding an e-mail...
But Yuneec Europe at Kaltenkirchen either pretends not understand English or give zero fucks to anyone who happen to live on the other side of the river Oder.
Maybe giving 1 star at their Facebook page will awake them...
So far, I am stuck with €2k or even less worth of plastic, some carbon fiber and lithium.

Finally, today I have received the answer from Yuneec Europe. But. I assume it is a typical bot response as usual because of absolute cliche answer.
Do you guys happen to have had business with Yuneec Europe and do they accept drones which experienced catastrophic crash and got camera "decapitated" from gimbal in the process?
Because shipping to the Service Centre through FedEx or DHL alone costs around 80 Euros and the **** knows how much they would charge for the repairs.

Finally, today I have received the answer from Yuneec Europe. But. I assume it is a typical bot response as usual because of absolute cliche answer.
Do you guys happen to have had business with Yuneec Europe and do they accept drones which experienced catastrophic crash and got camera "decapitated" from gimbal in the process?
Because shipping to the Service Centre through FedEx or DHL alone costs around 80 Euros and the **** knows how much they would charge for the repairs.
Watch Richard's video

Bill W.

Reactions: Agent K
It's under warranty correct? Then they should pay the shipping to/fro ! What was their answer? Yuneec repairs every single part that comes with the purchased H/Hpro's and if they can't would surely replace it!

It's under warranty correct? Then they should pay the shipping to/fro ! What was their answer? Yuneec repairs every single part that comes with the purchased H/Hpro's and if they can't would surely replace it!
LMAO, I had to wait 6 days to get an answer. I am still formulating an e-mail because I've read their answer only today.
I do not know what is their position towards warranty here in Europe (they state that they may not cover it all due to crashes or fly-aways in the pamphlets which came together with drone manuals) but my hexabird was brand new - I only had the opportunity to fly it for like two weeks.
The worst possible outcome of this shitstorm could be that I pay for the TH delivery to their HQ, only to find out that it is not covered under warranty as it wasn't a factory defect.
My colleague says that it would be faster and cheaper to acquire new parts which were broken from America and fix it yourself and somehow solder wires of CGO3+ camera to gimbal.

Last edited:
LMAO, I had to wait 6 days to get an answer. I am still formulating an e-mail because I've read their answer only today.
I do not know what is their position towards warranty here in Europe (they state that they may not cover it all due to crashes or fly-aways in the pamphlets which came together with drone manuals) but my hexabird was brand new - I only had the opportunity to fly it for like two weeks.
The worst possible outcome of this shitstorm could be that I pay for the TH delivery to their HQ, only to find out that it is not covered under warranty as it wasn't a factory defect.
My colleague says that it would be faster and cheaper to acquire new parts which were broken from America and fix it yourself and somehow solder wires of CGO3+ camera to gimbal.
They honored both my fly aways, one a crash and one a forced landing. It is under warranty and what they mean by flyaways is if it fly's off and can't be found and you try to claim a new replacement.
Unless Yuneec Europe is way different than Yuneec USA, I would hope they are equally customer friendly !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval