Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h crash questions

Reaction score
Hey folks, fairly new to the H but been flying the q500 for 3 years now. Recently I had a crash with the H (totally my fault, literally flew into a tree...my brain did one thing and my hands on sticks did opposite). Anyway, obviously I was super bummed out and after the crash I thought the drone was toast. That said, when I really started searching forum and seeing other people’s crash photos I had hope. No arms were broke (only 4 metal clips), camera smashed and landing gear both broken. Just wondering if someone could speak to all the “ breakable” bits a little more in depth. Apparently it’s quit normal for some parts to take the brunt of a crash and just wondering what other parts are expendable so-to-speak. I also found what’s called a trauma kit from amazon and Walmart etc (but no longer sold), so in Yuneec’s wisdom they apparently had anticipated specific parts being broken which I would assume protects other more expensive parts, am I understanding that correctly?

Also, I was searching, but haven’t found, a sort of “post-crash checklist”. Are there things I should be checking after a crash before returning to the air? Beyond the “trauma” parts, what else could have possibly been broken or shaken loose that you can’t see, and that should be checked? No search words come up for post-crash checklist that answer my questions.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I've been lucky so I have no experience in this area but there are a number of people that are very experienced and can help you out but your big problem may be parts if you broke something hard to find. Lets hope not and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. Good Luck.

I've been lucky so I have no experience in this area but there are a number of people that are very experienced and can help you out but your big problem may be parts if you broke something hard to find. Lets hope not and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. Good Luck.

I crashed and my heart sunk, was depressed for 2 days. Mostly because it was my fault and just a stupid stupid mistake. I literally watched it fly into a tree and I did nothing, just froze. Lol. Then it popped out of the tree and wouldn’t respond, and then crashed luckily 30 feet away on some grass from 20 feet up. Thought I had gotten all the crashes out of me with my q500. Nope.

I not sure Yuneec made/sold crash kits, that was dealers etc just putting together a series of most likely parts that would break, no two crashes are the same, some small crash can render a lot of damaged parts and an apparently heavier crash less parts damaged,. The vendor Yuneec skins has a comprehensive list of spares, and will diagnose your camera for a fee. The leg retainer clips are designed to break and hopefully lessen damage to the motor arm, I wouldn't of thought many parts are designed to minimise impact and protect other parts, the shell is quite good at protecting the electronics, it seems a lot have repaired the mechanical bits and the electronics have been unscathed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Sorry to hear about your affair with the Tree, I have any Part you would need for your Typhoon H in Stock, I feel the Most Important Damage to Look for is to the Motor Arms (as shown in the Attached Photo) Overall the Typhoon H is a fairly Sturdy Platform. How did your Camera do, did it survive the Crash. Remember this, if you get disorientated, just stop, take a breath and proceed slowly, maybe switch to smart mode and just pull back on the Right stick, and it will come straight back to you (but remember that the Smart Circle in smart mode won't let the Drone come any closer than 26' to the ST16, to prevent impact with the Pilot), or you can switch on RTH (Return to Home) but be sure that your return to home Altitude is set to Fly higher than the Trees and Objects between you and the Drone. One nice thing about Drones vs RC Airplanes is that on an Airplane you can't just let go of the Sticks and have your Airplane Hover in Place. Yuneec Parts-Accessories-Sales-Repairs-Decals-SkinsMotor Arm Damage 10.2.png

Sorry to hear about your affair with the Tree, I have any Part you would need for your Typhoon H in Stock, I feel the Most Important Damage to Look for is to the Motor Arms (as shown in the Attached Photo) Overall the Typhoon H is a fairly Sturdy Platform. How did your Camera do, did it survive the Crash. Remember this, if you get disorientated, just stop, take a breath and proceed slowly, maybe switch to smart mode and just pull back on the Right stick, and it will come straight back to you (but remember that the Smart Circle in smart mode won't let the Drone come any closer than 26' to the ST16, to prevent impact with the Pilot), or you can switch on RTH (Return to Home) but be sure that your return to home Altitude is set to Fly higher than the Trees and Objects between you and the Drone. One nice thing about Drones vs RC Airplanes is that on an Airplane you can't just let go of the Sticks and have your Airplane Hover in Place. Yuneec Parts-Accessories-Sales-Repairs-Decals-SkinsView attachment 22094

Ironically enough I just bought shrapnel and landing motors from you this past week on your web page...and I sent you email today about camera. Lol. You haven’t answered back yet though.

Thanks for the advice too.

Ironically enough I just bought shrapnel and landing motors from you this past week on your web page...and I sent you email today about camera. Lol. You haven’t answered back yet though.

Thanks for the advice too.
Your Next after my Daily 4:55PM Scramble to the Post Office that' 2 minutes away, and closes at 5PM...
4.55 Scramble.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis