Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Further price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no complaints for what I paid for my H in the first release. I still have a big ol smile when I fly it. Some times I fly more than I film. Although the cheaper price, I could have bought the A-10 kit I have been eyeing.

Hi guys,
Im not posting this to cause pain to anyone, actually, quite the opposite.
I paid around 1200 inc tax and shipping for my Typhoon H, so like everyone else, I gave a soft mutter and grumble when I saw the price drop to < $1000
But, today I see its now down to $799 brand new (including the wand), no tax or shipping to pay. That's a steal for what the typhoon is and includes (in my humble opinion).
Anyway, I am only mentioning it, because if you are anything like me, you have a number of friends who love the Typhoon H and would love to have it but found the price inhibitive. Well, now maybe they can get one too and fly with you.
Here is an amazon link listing prices as off today

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H UHD 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with Battery and ST16 Controller

Also... the Typhoon H pro is now down to $1100

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - Ultra High Definition 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard
I emailed yuneec several months ago to ask if there was a octocopter in the
Pipeline and they said no, so I'm wondering what or if there is a J or an update of the H if so I will keep flying my 2 h and 2 4ks

You might want to check that again bro...the H Pro is $1369. The listing is misleading, I saw it a couple of months ago. The $1100 price you refer to is actually $1199 and that's for the H bundle. The $799 is for the H and no bundle (and not even the wand)...still a great price but again it's not a new price reduction.
hi there :)
The prices were right at the time of posting this, I am guessing there were only limited quantities at that price and they may well have sold. I did see the 799 price still valid yesterday. (I havent looked again this morning).

I emailed yuneec several months ago to ask if there was a octocopter in the
Pipeline and they said no, so I'm wondering what or if there is a J or an update of the H if so I will keep flying my 2 h and 2 4ks
It will not be an octo but my bet it will be a compact folder like the Mavic Pro.

hi there :)
The prices were right at the time of posting this, I am guessing there were only limited quantities at that price and they may well have sold. I did see the 799 price still valid yesterday. (I havent looked again this morning).
Yep, there is one for $799, same as two mos. ago...bare bones H, no wand. Again, what started this thread was this huge price reduction, when in fact there wasn't one.

Yep, there is one for $799, same as two mos. ago...bare bones H, no wand. Again, what started this thread was this huge price reduction, when in fact there wasn't one.

You raise an interesting point. In reviewing the current Amazon configurations, they list 3:
1 - Basic Hexacopter (1 battery, apparently no Wizard Wand, no backpack) for $812.36
2 - Pro Bundle (Basic Hex plus extra battery, Wizard Wand, and Backpack) for $1214.51
3 - w/ RealSense (Pro Bundle plus RealSense module) for $1499

I seem to recall that when I ordered my YTH in Jun-2016 that there had been some confusion/disappointment regarding the lack of backpack and extra battery. And the Wizard Wand was described as a bonus, implying that it was a limited time inclusion. So in June I paid $1299 for the equivalent of the Basic Hex package from Amazon, plus the Wizard Wand. But I didn't get the full 'Pro Bundle' since there was no extra flight battery (~$100) or backpack (~$100). So the cost has been reduced by this reckoning of the Amazon pricing.

Even more interesting is what BHPhoto has in stock today: The Basic Hex plus the Wizard Wand for $989. So that's a reduction of over 25% from the price I paid ~ 6 months ago. So from either the Amazon or BHPhoto pricing, the YTH is being discounted. Not interested in debating whether a ~20% reduction is huge or not, but it is certainly a significant reduction, it's post-holiday, and at least so far, it isn't due to the introduction of anything new from Yuneec that would explain the need to cut the YTH price. It probably relates simply to supply and demand. Prices are being cut in hopes of stimulating demand...

Reactions: HedoBum
B&H had both models on sale for about a week before and through Christmas.... $799 and $1199. They had them for $100 more for a few days and included a "free" $100 B&H gift card. The price went up to retail on 12/31 and now discounted on 1/1 ---But still not as "cheap" as it was around Christmas. I think Yuneec had a scheduled holiday price reduction for their dealers and the real sense module was $299 and not back up to $599.

I certainly didn't like the low price, but, I was one of the first ones in when they TH came out and have enjoyed my use. My mistake was buying a second one as "backup" far too early and thought I got a "deal" at $1200.

As for taxes..... If you buy from B&H and don't live in NY state, then there are no sales taxes....Plus you get free shipping. I think the buyers/web team for B&H watch the market very closely and will not be undersold by Amazon --- Their prices are always the same as Amazon.

when I posted this, there was a complete package inc the wand for 799. Its obviously sold now. They had 17 left. I wouldnt post a link to it if the price wasnt what I was saying it was.

Here is the amazon price point from tonight, 10 dollars more than the 799,
$809.99
prime_SB4-5D_15px._CB294331395_.png

+ $0.00 estimated tax

New
Brand New, Factory Sealed.
Shipping rates and return policy.

Speed N' Parts
4.5 out of 5 stars 92% positive over the past 12 months. (25 total ratings)

You raise an interesting point. In reviewing the current Amazon configurations, they list 3:
1 - Basic Hexacopter (1 battery, apparently no Wizard Wand, no backpack) for $812.36
2 - Pro Bundle (Basic Hex plus extra battery, Wizard Wand, and Backpack) for $1214.51
3 - w/ RealSense (Pro Bundle plus RealSense module) for $1499

I seem to recall that when I ordered my YTH in Jun-2016 that there had been some confusion/disappointment regarding the lack of backpack and extra battery. And the Wizard Wand was described as a bonus, implying that it was a limited time inclusion. So in June I paid $1299 for the equivalent of the Basic Hex package from Amazon, plus the Wizard Wand. But I didn't get the full 'Pro Bundle' since there was no extra flight battery (~$100) or backpack (~$100). So the cost has been reduced by this reckoning of the Amazon pricing.

Even more interesting is what BHPhoto has in stock today: The Basic Hex plus the Wizard Wand for $989. So that's a reduction of over 25% from the price I paid ~ 6 months ago. So from either the Amazon or BHPhoto pricing, the YTH is being discounted. Not interested in debating whether a ~20% reduction is huge or not, but it is certainly a significant reduction, it's post-holiday, and at least so far, it isn't due to the introduction of anything new from Yuneec that would explain the need to cut the YTH price. It probably relates simply to supply and demand. Prices are being cut in hopes of stimulating demand...

There is no debate regarding the price reductions over the past 6 mos. It shouldn't even come as a surprise to anyone. My comment was not on this subject.

My comment did correct the facts, to the original OP, about the Amazon listing they were alarming everyone to. Their disinformation (and exaggeration) set off a frenzy of discussions/debates that were derived as a direct result of these falsehoods. The sky was not falling.

There is no debate regarding the price reductions over the past 6 mos. It shouldn't even come as a surprise to anyone. My comment was not on this subject.

My comment did correct the facts, to the original OP, about the Amazon listing they were alarming everyone to. Their disinformation (and exaggeration) set off a frenzy of discussions/debates that were derived as a direct result of these falsehoods. The sky was not falling.
Hi,
I am the original poster of this thread. My prices that I posted WERE correct at the time, they obviously sold out at those prices, so only higher priced items were left by sellers. As of tonight, the standard Typhoon H was $809, so $10 dollars more than originally posted in this thread. There was NO disinformation. (See my post just above yours here for the current price).

Hi,
I am the original poster of this thread. My prices that I posted WERE correct at the time, they obviously sold out at those prices, so only higher priced items were left by sellers. As of tonight, the standard Typhoon H was $809, so $10 dollars more than originally posted in this thread. There was NO disinformation. (See my post just above yours here for the current price).

The point is that there is a difference between a single or small number of sellers selling off stock after Christmas, and Yuneec themselves discounting the Typhoon. This conversation has gone into ridiculous 'end of the world' areas when all we're seeing is pretty normal price changes. There are bargains to be had after the holiday season, who knew?!

maybe yuneec need to start using MAP pricing and enforce it like other dealers . this works by creating a min price dealers are allow to sell at and keeps from devaluing the product in the eyes of there customers and also stops the undercutting of retail business out there .

simple solution and effective .

I got mine from B&H for $800 plus an in store certificate for $100. I used it 20 minutes after placing my order to add a second battery to the order. This was the about week before Christmas or December 16th and I picked mine up from UPS on the 20th.

Hi,

This will be my last comment on this issue...you can keep going back and forth but I'm done.
1. The listing has not changed in two mos. and they haven't changed it or sold out of anything.
2. You seemed fixated on the least of your errors which was the H with the Wand for selling at $799 but at no point did I debate that. I did point out that it was a bare bones package that did not include the wand as you stated...but again it's not a big deal.
3. My comments stand on their own so I'm not going to regurgitate each of your incorrect statements.
4. The most glaring misrepresentation was your statement that the H Pro was $1100 when in fact it was $1369. I bought my second H Pro from these folks at that price two mos. ago and it's still the same today.
Again, never debated the $799 (or $809) figure. If that's all you got out of it your missing the point completely and need to re-read my statement.

I got mine from B&H for $800 plus an in store certificate for $100. I used it 20 minutes after placing my order to add a second battery to the order. This was the about week before Christmas or December 16th and I picked mine up from UPS on the 20th.
That's a lot of drone for that price...you got a great deal. I haven't checked but you can probably get a good deal on the backpack which is so much better than the aluminum case that came with the Q500 4K.
Just curious, did you get the ST-16 controller with two antennas or three? I purchased my second H Pro because of the three antennas (not for the RealSense) which I know is probably going to set off some comments on that not being a good spend but I had previously tried out just the H (with the two antennas) but it seemed to drop connection after around 200 yards...it could have been a firmware issue but I just decided to go with what I knew worked.

Just got the word my second H standard is being shipped from CarolinaDronz. $1318.00 with upgraded H antennas and a Pixaero lens on the camera, along with a spare antenna upgrade kit. I'm fine with the price. Shoot, had I desired one they would have sold me a back pack with it for $10.00. I could have bought the H standard kit cheaper for sure but if and when I need some help or parts the big box discount stores aren't much help for anything more than an exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval