Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Further price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im not posting this to cause pain to anyone, actually, quite the opposite.
I paid around 1200 inc tax and shipping for my Typhoon H, so like everyone else, I gave a soft mutter and grumble when I saw the price drop to < $1000
But, today I see its now down to $799 brand new (including the wand), no tax or shipping to pay. That's a steal for what the typhoon is and includes (in my humble opinion).
Anyway, I am only mentioning it, because if you are anything like me, you have a number of friends who love the Typhoon H and would love to have it but found the price inhibitive. Well, now maybe they can get one too and fly with you.
Here is an amazon link listing prices as off today

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H UHD 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with Battery and ST16 Controller

Also... the Typhoon H pro is now down to $1100

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - Ultra High Definition 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard

owwwwwwwwww... and Pat knows why (picked it up from the PO yesterday)

Eagle's,

It could be worse. The custom antenna/camera one I ordered from CarolinaDronz on the 22nd hasn't shipped yet. But I'm committed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayum

Not entirely suprising in the post-Christmas sales, and leading up to CES.

In the USA you can almost buy two Typhoons for what it costs to buy one in the UK. Wow! Despite this the price drop would herald the fact that the Typhoon J will soon be with us. I like many others will be queuing to buy it at a more increased price. We are Typhoon junkies!

Reactions: zandoli
Hi guys,
I paid around 1200 inc tax and shipping for my Typhoon H, so like everyone else, I gave a soft mutter and grumble when I saw the price drop to < $1000
But, today I see its now down to $799 brand new (including the wand), no tax or shipping to pay. That's a steal for what the typhoon is and includes (in my humble opinion).
Anyway, I am only mentioning it, because if you are anything like me, you have a number of friends who love the Typhoon H and would love to have it but found the price inhibitive. Well, now maybe they can get one too and fly with you.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H UHD 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with Battery and ST16 Controller

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - Ultra High Definition 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard
Hi, why are you surprised or upset? Every product that became mature after a while drops in price! Why shouldn't a Yuneec .
"H"? Especially when a new model is in the pipeline... Just as cars and cellphones :) BTW they don't sell "H" without tax! You always pay tax.

Last edited:
In the USA you can almost buy two Typhoons for what it costs to buy one in the UK. Wow! Despite this the price drop would herald the fact that the Typhoon J will soon be with us. I like many others will be queuing to buy it at a more increased price. We are Typhoon junkies!
Is that in fact the designation, 'Typhoon J'? What happened to the Typhoon I?

Hi guys,

I'm seeing $1300.00 today for the Pro. Still painful but not as bad. Hmmm, what could I have done with an extra $500 to $600? Oh well, I suppose I could have waited until the H Pro was totally obsolete but then I'd want the Typhoon K. Hind sight is a H of a thing...

its very obvious at this point that yuneec has no intention of trying to turn this into a ecosystem to compete with DJI .
if they where the price would remain up there . this is only a indication of soon to discontinue and move on.

its ashamed the H Could be something big .

i for one will never buy another yuneec product if the price continues to plunge...

its very obvious at this point that yuneec has no intention of trying to turn this into a ecosystem to compete with DJI .
if they where the price would remain up there . this is only a indication of soon to discontinue and move on.

i for one will never buy another yuneec product if the price continues to plunge...

Perhaps you should just wait and see what actually takes place in the next few months. We have heard that there will likely be another new model but consider that Yuneec still sells Tornado, Q5004K models after the "H" came out. We have also heard rumor that a new firmware update for the "H" will be released in Jan 2017 that will provide new features and bug fixes. I wouldn't kill off the "H" just yet.

Maybe Yuneec jumped the gun on the release of the H without fully testing the compatability of all the features and intel real sense module & processor. The Q500 was a great platform and I haven't had one issue with it. If yuneec does discontinue the H and comes out with a replacement maybe they will offer a trade in allowance for the H like car dealers :)

Perhaps you should just wait and see what actually takes place in the next few months. We have heard that there will likely be another new model but consider that Yuneec still sells Tornado, Q5004K models after the "H" came out. We have also heard rumor that a new firmware update for the "H" will be released in Jan 2017 that will provide new features and bug fixes. I wouldn't kill off the "H" just yet.
I you decide to wait for the next model, next update or next pricedrop or even a trade-in deal, you'll have to wait to the end of the world.

Reactions: Schuller Thierry
Hi, why are you surprised or upset? Every product that became mature after a while drops in price! Why shouldn't a Yuneec .
"H"? Especially when a new model is in the pipeline... Just as cars and cellphones :) BTW they don't sell "H" without tax! You always pay tax.
No sales tax if it is from another vendor and only"fulfilled by Amazon".

Should that be true I have but one offer of advice: Don't pre-order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its all about value . look how long djis was out before they released another completely different version. .

This gave people time to develop thing for it . which gave them a big boost .

Seems hearing of the price drop yuneec is more interested in selling toys .

Based on the above I assume that goes for things like a DJI Phantom or Inspire? If someone had a desire to review a history of price drops, price undercutting, and new model releases I propose that company is a good place to start... Your comprehension of business appears woefully shallow, and your competitive statement carries no logic.

Business is about making money. A consumer business has silly things like cost to margin factors working all the time. Most successful manufacturing businesses have a pretty high selling price compared to the actual production cost, leaving them considerable room to move with pricing. While interest and demand is high so is the margin. If interest or demand drops the margin has room to move in order to increase interest. Then we have the inventory factor to contend with. Inventory for the Christmas holiday season is increased to assure dealers have stock on the shelves to meet customer demands. Will the season be solid or soft? You target what you hope it will be but if you over estimate you have to clear the excess inventory, especially in states that levy an inventory tax for product you have left on the self.

Using the links to review the lower pricing I see a couple of them are high volume businesses that operate on low margins. Adorama and Beach buy in very large quantities, have lower product costs because of those quantities, and can sell off excess inventory below cost if desired without harm to them to clear out inventory. Another appears to be a business that may well be simply trying to capture a few post Christmas dollars.

There are a lot of reasons to reduce prices, and I suspect some Amazon sellers have a lot more inventory on hand than they want now the peak selling season is past. You might view some of them as "clearance sales", which occur with just about every kind of consumer oriented business there is. Don't buy a new car at the beginning of the model year only to get angry when dealers cut thousands off the prices at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Photo
Anyone here own a breeze? noticed the price has dropped considerably for that.. wondering if it's worth the buy .. or if one is just looking for a decent selfie aerial drone should just pay the extra for the mavic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss