Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Further price drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This had nothing to do with price be to cheap or etc . . only price drop is a indication that yuneec has no intention of growing the H with it modular design like everyone thought .

Not necessarily. A $300-$500 drop is considerable but not groundbreaking. There could be any number of reasons for the drop and it may even be temporary. The Typhoon H is still a top tier craft and the updates keep coming (the wind says January brings a new one with new features).
I'm sure there'll be enough new accessories and mods in the near future.
Can't wait for CES.

Tuppence for your thoughts... they are tales...........full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.:eek:
Buy happiness and sell misery.:mad:
Loft a pint, and CHEERS to 2017.:D

I bought my H Pro bundle a month ago for 1395. on Amazon. before my purchase I talked to tech support and asked if it would be out of date at CES and they told me that they would continue to develop the H platform and if they replaced anything it would be the Tornado as that is getting old.
I had a Phantom 2 which I received so many promises from DJI about additional development all to find out to get the upgrades I had to go to the phantom 3. They will not see any more of my money.
I bought a 3DR Solo for 1395. , it was the first in my area and it still flies perfectly. 3DR made some bad decissions , but I would still give then another chance because I feel they tried to do what they said.
If Yuneec follows the DJI route they they are history to me. I don't buy into the idea that because use develop a new tire you have to buy a whole new car to put it on. If Yuneec was straight with me I'll stay with them , if not then it's goodbye

That begs the question, if you part with Yuneec and are done with DJI, where's the next stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A direction I don't want to go in at 65 years old, but back to building my own with the new pixhawk 2 controller. I have an X8 and a hex just begging for the chance to fly again. It's easier to get lazy as you get older and just buy a RTF out of the box, but perhaps not better

A direction I don't want to go in at 65 years old, but back to building my own with the new pixhawk 2 controller. I have an X8 and a hex just begging for the chance to fly again. It's easier to get lazy as you get older and just buy a RTF out of the box, but perhaps not better

That's funny as I got this because I'm not old enough to have the time to go custom. The guys in our multi rotor group here have some amazing ships and envy skills and shots. I agree with giving up on OTB suppliers if Yuneec changes direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's pretty hard to beat all the flight modes and mapping functions in a Pixhawk, but we do have to work harder to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, let's face some facts here, you would be hard pressed to get many of the features that are available in the "H", especially RealSense OA, at a reasonable cost (if at all) with a home built rig. I have an what you could call a 1270 class Octocopter that I built 2 years ago along with a gimbal to carry a DLSR camera. It was fun to build and it flies well, but at 50" "wingspan" it's a pain to transport. Sure, it can lift almost 50lbs, but its cumbersome, requires two very large lipo batteries and a large vehicle to transport. The "H" just makes more sense to me these days so my Octo is hanging on my wall. It may fly again someday, who knows.

octo.jpg

Well, let's face some facts here, you would be hard pressed to get many of the features that are available in the "H", especially RealSense OA, at a reasonable cost (if at all) with a home built rig. I have an what you could call a 1270 class Octocopter that I built 2 years ago along with a gimbal to carry a DLSR camera. It was fun to build and it flies well, but at 50" "wingspan" it's a pain to transport. Sure, it can lift almost 50lbs, but its cumbersome, requires two very large lipo batteries and a large vehicle to transport. The "H" just makes more sense to me these days so my Octo is hanging on my wall. It may fly again someday, who knows.

octo.jpg

Bet that got the dogs barking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

octo.jpg
50lbs? That's a serious machine bro...impressive. Ever thought about selling it? I'd assume you've got too many hours into it to let it go for anything that would approach a competitive market price. If you've got any video from it please share.

Kind of makes you wonder about any additional functionality we were led to believe would be coming out...

50lbs? That's a serious machine bro...impressive. Ever thought about selling it? I'd assume you've got too many hours into it to let it go for anything that would approach a competitive market price. If you've got any video from it please share.

Thanks. I'm not interested in selling it. Too much of "me" went into it. Besides, it looks nice hanging there next to the 3D printer (which I also assembled from a kit) As to any video, unfortunately, my previous editing computer died about a year ago and took all of my footage with it. The motherboard failed and it used soft RAID. The motherboard was no longer available so I could never reconstruct the RAID array or recover my footage.

The only footage that remains is a test of the Gimbal I built for the Octo. It is a combination of Carbon Fiber tubes and 3D printed parts (and of course, micro controller and motors).

Reactions: Rayray
Hi guys,
Im not posting this to cause pain to anyone, actually, quite the opposite.
I paid around 1200 inc tax and shipping for my Typhoon H, so like everyone else, I gave a soft mutter and grumble when I saw the price drop to < $1000
But, today I see its now down to $799 brand new (including the wand), no tax or shipping to pay. That's a steal for what the typhoon is and includes (in my humble opinion).
Anyway, I am only mentioning it, because if you are anything like me, you have a number of friends who love the Typhoon H and would love to have it but found the price inhibitive. Well, now maybe they can get one too and fly with you.
Here is an amazon link listing prices as off today

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H UHD 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with Battery and ST16 Controller

Also... the Typhoon H pro is now down to $1100

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - Ultra High Definition 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard

You might want to check that again bro...the H Pro is $1369. The listing is misleading, I saw it a couple of months ago. The $1100 price you refer to is actually $1199 and that's for the H bundle. The $799 is for the H and no bundle (and not even the wand)...still a great price but again it's not a new price reduction.

You should launch a repair shop with that kind of knowledge. Yuneec has been pretty good for the H series but any previous models gets farmed out to DroneNerds and my experience with them has been...well I've already posted.

You'd probably make a killing as you wouldn't have their overhead so you could be competitive and maintain good margins. I'd do it if I had the skill set but it's not my forte, not even close.

You should launch a repair shop with that kind of knowledge. Yuneec has been pretty good for the H series but any previous models gets farmed out to DroneNerds and my experience with them has been...well I've already posted.

You'd probably make a killing as you wouldn't have their overhead so you could be competitive and maintain good margins. I'd do it if I had the skill set but it's not my forte, not even close.

That would requires something I don't have enough of as it is - Time :) I'm sure there are plenty of other "Builders" on this forum that have more skills than I do.

Thanks. I'm not interested in selling it. Too much of "me" went into it. Besides, it looks nice hanging there next to the 3D printer (which I also assembled from a kit) As to any video, unfortunately, my previous editing computer died about a year ago and took all of my footage with it. The motherboard failed and it used soft RAID. The motherboard was no longer available so I could never reconstruct the RAID array or recover my footage.

The only footage that remains is a test of the Gimbal I built for the Octo. It is a combination of Carbon Fiber tubes and 3D printed parts (and of course, micro controller and motors).

Awesome. I don't wish to knock anyone who says they don't have the time to build this and that. They have money so they buy the Out-Of-The-Box whatever. Since nothing about it represents their personal energy, time, and that special sense of accomplishment, they invest nothing into learning all they can about it, they take no care of it, then moan and groan because they flew it into a tree. Then swear it was not their fault.

I commend you and the many others on here who have built many of their own computers, airplanes, boats and cars. There is no substitute for the feelings of pride in personal achievement.

Awesome. I don't wish to knock anyone who says they don't have the time to build this and that. They have money so they buy the Out-Of-The-Box whatever. Since nothing about it represents their personal energy, time, and that special sense of accomplishment, they invest nothing into learning all they can about it, they take no care of it, then moan and groan because they flew it into a tree. Then swear it was not their fault.

I commend you and the many others on here who have built many of their own computers, airplanes, boats and cars. There is no substitute for the feelings of pride in personal achievement.

Thanks Rayray. It was not my intent to hijack this thread so I'll let it get back on track :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz