Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H help

Reaction score
I will start off by saying I'm new to the drone world and I got my typhoon H last week. I have done 3 flights and trying to figure everything out. I am enjoying everything so far. As I get everything figured out I'm sure I will enjoy it more. I noticed a few things and wanted to see if I can get some help here before calling Yuneec.

1. Obstical avoidance will not turn on. I have the toggle switch set to on and the icon on screen is yellow and says not available. This happens in smart mode and angle mode.

2. I am flying in wide open skies with no telephone wires or electrical wires near by and I can't seem to pick up good GPS. It will say I have 12-17 satellites but GPS goes in and out. I think this has something to do with the obsticial avoidance.

3. The camera seems to be loosing connection as if it's loose on my drone. The hex will boot up and go through its light sequence and the camera won't do anything. I will move it a bit then it will start to go through its initiation cycle. Is the camera removable? I'm wondering if there is some type of connection I need to clean.

Thanks for any suggestions

I will start off by saying I'm new to the drone world and I got my typhoon H last week. I have done 3 flights and trying to figure everything out. I am enjoying everything so far. As I get everything figured out I'm sure I will enjoy it more. I noticed a few things and wanted to see if I can get some help here before calling Yuneec.

1. Obstical avoidance will not turn on. I have the toggle switch set to on and the icon on screen is yellow and says not available. This happens in smart mode and angle mode.

2. I am flying in wide open skies with no telephone wires or electrical wires near by and I can't seem to pick up good GPS. It will say I have 12-17 satellites but GPS goes in and out. I think this has something to do with the obsticial avoidance.

3. The camera seems to be loosing connection as if it's loose on my drone. The hex will boot up and go through its light sequence and the camera won't do anything. I will move it a bit then it will start to go through its initiation cycle. Is the camera removable? I'm wondering if there is some type of connection I need to clean.

Thanks for any suggestions
You shouldn't be having to do anything, but out of the box, compass calibration and fly ! *** Yuneec ! I hope they did not rush the units out so fast as to send F'd up units ! God knows they had plenty of time to iron out all the 'BUGS", I would call Yuneec right away. Did you do a gimbal calibration and imu calibration? Alot of times that will solve any issues. I would try it and then if you are still having sensor and camera issues , send the beast back. Also make sure to do another compass calibration out in the middle of a field, away from any metal. rebar in the road, cars, even a cell phone in your pocket can give a bad calibration !

Last edited:
Reactions: George Abernethy
You shouldn't be having to do anything, but out of the box, compass calibration and fly ! *** Yuneec ! I hope they did not rush the units out so fast as to send F'd up units ! God knows they had plenty of time to iron out all the 'BUGS", I would call Yuneec right away. Did you do a gimbal calibration and imu calibration? Alot of times that will solve any issues. I would try it and then if you are still having sensor and camera issues , send the beast back. Also make sure to do another compass calibration out in the middle of a field, away from any metal. rebar in the road, cars, even a cell phone in your pocket can give a bad calibration !
Are you up off ground at least 10', I hear avoidance works at 10 feet I think? not sure on that one though?

I have not done a gimbal calibration or a IMU. I did however do the compass calibration and was in the middle of the heli pad and left my cell phone and Apple Watch in the truck. I was warned about that. I tried activating it up in the air and on the ground. I was about 15-20 ft off the ground. I saw the options for compass, gimbal and accelorometer calibration. Is the accelorometer the same as IMU? It flys well and is very responsive. Just the 3 things I noticed so far. I am working a long day today so I won't be able to do anything tonight. I will try the gimbal calibration and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
He
s
I don't believe this guy is for real D.C.

I have not done a gimbal calibration or a IMU. I did however do the compass calibration and was in the middle of the heli pad and left my cell phone and Apple Watch in the truck. I was warned about that. I tried activating it up in the air and on the ground. I was about 15-20 ft off the ground. I saw the options for compass, gimbal and accelorometer calibration. Is the accelorometer the same as IMU? It flys well and is very responsive. Just the 3 things I noticed so far. I am working a long day today so I won't be able to do anything tonight. I will try the gimbal calibration and see if that helps.
A concrete helipad? They are lined with rebarb and "any" metal will mess with your calibration !

It's an RC ashphault helipad. I don't know for sure if there is or isn't. I can try it in a different location and see if the obsticial avoidance comes on. Thanks for the feedback.

Has anyone one been able to download the H GUI from yuneec's website, I have tried but there is nothing connected to the link

Dom,

How long are you waiting for the camera to initialize before shaking it? Yuneec stuff runs through the flight system self checks first and the camera stuff last. It can take a minute or so before the camera system starts its self checks. In the past some of the Yuneec systems would say "Welcome Pilot" on the screen when they were ready to fly. If that message had not shown up the self checks were not complete yet. I won't have my H until Wednesday to find out what they say now when they are ready to fly.

BTW, it's very bad to pick up an aircraft before the self checks are complete. That can really mess up accelerometer self calibrations and home position stuff. Many multirotors have crashed because they were moved during the boot up process.

Dom,

How long are you waiting for the camera to initialize before shaking it? Yuneec stuff runs through the flight system self checks first and the camera stuff last. It can take a minute or so before the camera system starts its self checks. In the past some of the Yuneec systems would say "Welcome Pilot" on the screen when they were ready to fly. If that message had not shown up the self checks were not complete yet. I won't have my H until Wednesday to find out what they say now when they are ready to fly.

BTW, it's very bad to pick up an aircraft before the self checks are complete. That can really mess up accelerometer self calibrations and home position stuff. Many multirotors have crashed because they were moved during the boot up process.
I can't recall what it says when it's ready to fly but the camera wouldn't get any power. I finally ended up taking the camera off then reattaching it and haven't had any issues since then. You will enjoy it when you get it. I wanted to get a flight in today but the winds started to pick up.

I can't recall what it says when it's ready to fly but the camera wouldn't get any power. I finally ended up taking the camera off then reattaching it and haven't had any issues since then. You will enjoy it when you get it. I wanted to get a flight in today but the winds started to pick up.

Had the same problem. Just re-attched..

I can't get the camera to power up even after re-attach. It was working fine Friday, then I messed around in the settings etc. and somehow made the camera not power up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval