Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H in high winds

Are you thinking of Marsden Grotto? The arch no longer exists...it was dynamited some years ago because it was deemed to be unsafe.

Hi there. Yes I was! Well done! I know the archway has now gone; such a shame as it was a very distinctive feature which I used to marvel at as a child (more years ago than I care to mention). I would still like to fly the H along that bit of coastline. It would be great. Problem is, when we drive up there from the sunny South, my car is too full of kids and dogs to fit in a drone. :eek:( I might need a roof box (for the kids).

By the way, getting back to high winds, did anyone see how amazingly well the H did in the high winds on the Asian mister's movie?

By that I do not mean high winds, high winds are easy. But I mean wind gradient, rotor, turbulence, downdrafts while landing. Anyone familiar with micrometeorology will be flabbergasted by the H' behaviour.

If you ever did a take off and/or a land from or near a 'cliff' (and especially a overgrown one) by hangglider or paraglider you will certainly appreiciate and admire the H' piloting instincts.

:)

Reactions: Rubik
Hi there. Yes I was! Well done! I know the archway has now gone; such a shame as it was a very distinctive feature which I used to marvel at as a child (more years ago than I care to mention). I would still like to fly the H along that bit of coastline. It would be great. Problem is, when we drive up there from the sunny South, my car is too full of kids and dogs to fit in a drone. :eek:( I might need a roof box (for the kids).
Best be careful in that area. The seabirds are a problem around those cliffs and what's left of Marsden Rock (What's left after it was blown up) is classed as a bird sanctuary so you'll probably need a permission to fly close to the rock.;)

Lovely footage there! My favourite bit was the high level bit at the end though, above the atmosphere.... :)

You gave me an idea for a location near to where I was born in the North East of England. I must take the H when I am next visiting my parents.

Cheers! A lot of my Point of Interest shots are from much higher than I'd like. However; flying over a salty ocean, I feel the higher the better to decrease corrosion issues. Once I get more confidence I'll start doing lower/ wider angle shots.

I shot this almost two years ago while testing how much wind the H could handle. It became more windy as the day progressed. Later that day I flew with a guy with an Inspire 1. He had trouble with take off and landing, the H did not. Note the H was absolutely stable and allowed the confidence to get in close to the banners without concern for getting pushed into them.

Reactions: Rubik and rdonson
I shot this almost two years ago while testing how much wind the H could handle. It became more windy as the day progressed. Later that day I flew with a guy with an Inspire 1. He had trouble with take off and landing, the H did not. Note the H was absolutely stable and allowed the confidence to get in close to the banners without concern for getting pushed into them.

Yes, I know that area in the Columbia River Gorge. Renowned for its wind. Amazing stability and control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio