Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H indoor shoot

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with shooting with Typhoon H indoors? I have a client who was a shoot inside a warehouse, any tips would be appreciated.

Reactions: thetrecker
At all costs, try to avoid this gig. Indoors is very very tricky to fly in. You'll need to disconnect your GPS and fly manually.
If you're new to the H, THEN DON'T attempt this. Better to get a 24 foot ladder put wheels at the base and have someone push you around taking pics or video with DSLR camera.
The worst can happen with this method, ladder tips over and you crack your skull. You'll have a headache for a while.

Reactions: JackMTaco
At all costs, try to avoid this gig. Indoors is very very tricky to fly in. You'll need to disconnect your GPS and fly manually.
If you're new to the H, THEN DON'T attempt this. Better to get a 24 foot ladder put wheels at the base and have someone push you around taking pics or video with DSLR camera.
The worst can happen with this method, ladder tips over and you crack your skull. You'll have a headache for a while.

Yes, I’m not keen on the idea of flying inside at all, the TYPHOON is not a small drone and I can see it going south.

There are those who have flown indoors with an H but its not for the faint of heart (I'm not one of the brave ones). It might be a bit easier with the IPS function with RealSense but it's still not a picnic. Here is @JulesTEO demonstrating.

If you have less than 100 flight hours flying an H, with less than 10 hours flying with GPS turned off in confined spaces, do not take this assignment. You’re not ready yet.

Better to let an assignment go than to create an incident your reputation will never recover from. A bruised ego costs nothing, an incident and liability/damage claim can cost everything.

Reactions: AeriaL
Use the right tool for the job. Indoor shots are one of the reasons I bought a Mavic Air. No need to give up the gig, just use the right tool. Unless, of course, they’re expecting Cinema Quality, then rent the gear, hire a pilot, and charge accordingly.

I’ve let clients and gigs walk because they want the Moon but only want to pay an insult. Good photographers aren’t cheap, and cheap photographers aren’t good.

@Fred Garvin, visited your website. Nice work! I have a Nikon also, just learning to do micro photography. I just built a booth now learning how work the lighting. My first shoot was a ceramic rose, It came out better than I expected.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Thank you sir.....I can’t put my best work online because of the current state of copyright law....and don’t get me started on that one....It’s a pretty sore subject for us. Post it online and consider it gone.

Macro can be really fun. If you take to it, get a lens with the optics designed for macro.....makes all the difference especially with the extreme DoF you’re dealing with.

Mavic 2 has downlights that come on for stabilizing in the dark or indoors, has been dead stable for me the few times I've tried it, makes me thing inside a warehouse might work.

I won't fly a Typhoon except over stuff in wide-open spaces -- they're great with plenty of GPS but are really squirrely close to buildings or under trees in a driveway, hard to fly unstabilized.

Does anyone have experience with shooting with Typhoon H indoors? I have a client who was a shoot inside a warehouse, any tips would be appreciated.

I performed a flight just like this and the best tip I could give, as others have already mentioned, is to do it only if you are already comfortable flying the H without gps

Also try to keep it close; the black body gives a lot of presence on the sky, but can be tricky to see indoors. It's worth mentioning that at low height the lights arent of much help, so you will have to pay lot of attention to where the H is facing at all times

The H itself has no problem indoors it flies just like any other non-gps UAV. I haven't used the IPS indoors, though

Greetings!

Reactions: pixelzombie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval