Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H License Key Problem - Airport Radius - App Questions

Reaction score
Hi: (1.) I asked Yuneec for an NFZ firmware update which they gave me. I think it installed correctly in the H GUI. When it came to the install the key part, I hit a roadblock. It just doesn't seem to work. I've followed the instructions but when it comes to the key--nothing happens. I Open "License" in the GUI, find the key location, click on it and click Open-nothing. How do I resolve this? Thanks! (2.) A friend wants me to get some pics and video from an area that is just within our 5 mile airport radius. I don't actually know what I'm supposed to do regarding airport waiver/permission. While this is a for free flight, I do have a 107. I don't know how to contact the airport about a flight/location like this or how they want contact in cases like this. I doubt I would be flying even over 100 feet in altitude. Need help on this-thank you. Airport is Reno, NV. (3.) I understand that AirMaps is a "Don't Use" app now and B4UFly is being rebuilt by Kittyhawk. I have UAV Forecast but it doesn't seem to include any kind of digital submission to nearby airports. Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi: (1.) I asked Yuneec for an NFZ firmware update which they gave me. I think it installed correctly in the H GUI. When it came to the install the key part, I hit a roadblock. It just doesn't seem to work. I've followed the instructions but when it comes to the key--nothing happens. I Open "License" in the GUI, find the key location, click on it and click Open-nothing. How do I resolve this? Thanks! (2.) A friend wants me to get some pics and video from an area that is just within our 5 mile airport radius. I don't actually know what I'm supposed to do regarding airport waiver/permission. While this is a for free flight, I do have a 107. I don't know how to contact the airport about a flight/location like this or how they want contact in cases like this. I doubt I would be flying even over 100 feet in altitude. Need help on this-thank you. Airport is Reno, NV. (3.) I understand that AirMaps is a "Don't Use" app now and B4UFly is being rebuilt by Kittyhawk. I have UAV Forecast but it doesn't seem to include any kind of digital submission to nearby airports. Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Under part 107, drone pilots planning to fly in controlled airspace must get permission from the FAA. You can submit requests for authorization to fly in controlled airspace near airports via these two systems:
  1. Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC)
  2. DroneZone
Using LAANC
LAANC automates the application and approval process for airspace authorizations. Through applications developed by FAA Approved UAS Service Suppliers (USS) of LAANC, drone pilots can request an airspace authorization to fly in controlled airspace around airports.
When a drone pilot submits a request through a LAANC USS, the request is checked against multiple airspace data sources in the FAA UAS Data Exchange. If approved, pilots receive their authorization in near-real time. LAANC also provides FAA's Air Traffic visibility into where and when planned drone operations will take place.
LAANC is available at nearly 300 air traffic facilities covering approximately 500 airports.
A full list of Approved UAS Service Suppliers is available here.
Important Limitations
  • LAANC only accepts airspace authorization requests that are fully compliant with Part 107.
  • Airspace authorizations granted through LAANC are valid for 12 hours.
  • LAANC authorizations cannot be combined with Part 107 waivers. For example, if you get permission to fly in Class D airspace through a LAANC application, and you already have a waiver to fly at night, you may not combine the permissions to fly in that Class D airspace at night. In order to fly in controlled airspace using your waiver, you must submit a request for an airspace authorization via the DroneZone.

Reactions: weajr
Download Kittyhawk. Do your LAANC through them. Good app.

BTW - the Yunnec list of NFZ airports is basically larger Class B and Class C airports. Class D or Class E airports are not on their NFZ locked list.

Reactions: weajr
Reactions: weajr and Phaedrus
Download Kittyhawk. Do your LAANC through them. Good app.

BTW - the Yunnec list of NFZ airports is basically larger Class B and Class C airports. Class D or Class E airports are not on their NFZ locked list.
Tried kittyhawk app for Android-did not work.

I notice that YUNEEC is not on the list of "Approved LAANC UAS Service Suppliers."
Does this mean I don't get exeptions, or that I just dont get automatic notification?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop