Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Live Stream test

Reaction score
Hello guys, just wanted to share with you a small test live streaming from the Typhoon H to youtube.

I've been wondering for a while if it would be possible to somehow livestream from the CGO3+, I don't really have any use for it at the moment, but its cool to know it can be done relatively easy.

Excuse the long video cuts, I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to the computer, I was more focused on the H itself.

The video didn't cut in the ST16 though, just the VLC media player seemed to drop the feed, I'll have to try a different setup to test the video range to the stream, then again, this was part of the test.

I'll perhaps edit and reupload the video to remove the cuts, but for the moment this is the raw stream.

Greetings!

Hello guys, just wanted to share with you a small test live streaming from the Typhoon H to youtube.

I've been wondering for a while if it would be possible to somehow livestream from the CGO3+, I don't really have any use for it at the moment, but its cool to know it can be done relatively easy.

Excuse the long video cuts, I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to the computer, I was more focused on the H itself.

The video didn't cut in the ST16 though, just the VLC media player seemed to drop the feed, I'll have to try a different setup to test the video range to the stream, then again, this was part of the test.

I'll perhaps edit and reupload the video to remove the cuts, but for the moment this is the raw stream.

Greetings!
Ok so how did you do this? I have been hoping i could find a way to do a facebook live.

Bill W.

Ok so how did you do this? I have been hoping i could find a way to do a facebook live.

Bill W.

Hello Bill, first I had to purchase a 5ghz compatible wireless USB adapter to connect to the CGO3+ wifi, and I connected to the regular wifi with the card on my laptop.

Using VLC media player I could watch the feed from the CGO3+, and using Open broadcast software I configured it to stream my desktop to my youtube channel.

I'm planning to use USB tethering from my phone to stream using my mobile data plan so I can stream anywhere.

I'm not sure but I believe the software can also be set up to stream to Facebook as well, I'll have to look into that as well.

Greetings!

Reactions: aedronix
Hello Bill, first I had to purchase a 5ghz compatible wireless USB adapter to connect to the CGO3+ wifi, and I connected to the regular wifi with the card on my laptop.

Using VLC media player I could watch the feed from the CGO3+, and using Open broadcast software I configured it to stream my desktop to my youtube channel.

I'm planning to use USB tethering from my phone to stream using my mobile data plan so I can stream anywhere.

I'm not sure but I believe the software can also be set up to stream to Facebook as well, I'll have to look into that as well.

Greetings!
I was hoping there was a way to use the hdmi out to a phone or other data connected device to use as a streaming source. This far I have not been able to find a solution.

Bill W.

Reactions: aedronix
Here is a video I did in which I'm streaming from CGO3 to a MacBook using VLC application and wonder if you can then stream to Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a video I did in which I'm streaming from CGO3 to a MacBook using VLC application and wonder if you can then stream to Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue I had today with VLC (as you can see on the video) is that it drops the video stream (though the wifi seems to stay connected) and it just wont automatically resume it.

Don't know if you can stream to FB using only VLC, I'm using OBS which Im sure can stream to FB, though not sure about the Mac version. Im using PC.

Reactions: Cesar

Greetings!
Sorry for bumping this up, but I have to ask if you almost had a 30 minute flight time ? And I think wifi streaming drains the battery also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1