Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H mods/accessories

I paid to have it hydro dipped locally! He did let me watch and it definitely takes some skill. I betcha after a few times you’d figure it out. I didn’t want to risk it on my “H”.

Accessory:

I may get mocked for this one but.... they work for me. Comfort grip knobs for the sticks. It may be due to the size of my hands and thumbs but I just find they give me more control. I tried without and then tried the thumb and index finger "pinch" approach but ended up with these.

Probably available from many sources but I got mine here.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCUYOKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are pretty nice. If they allow you better control it’s what you should use.

I’ve been a thumb flyer over 40 years and will go head to head with a pinch flyer any time. It’s all about how we initially learn and the amount of practice afterwards we put in that makes us better, not how we hold the sticks. The more comfortable we are the better we become.

Thanks, Pat. They work well for me. I feel I'm "smoother" on the sticks with them. I now have them on both my ST16 controllers.

In the past I'd run into some pilots who scoffed at using them hence the caveat.

The Lume Cubes help out tremendously and allow you that little extra security we’re all looking for. During night flying it lights up the farmers field like you wouldn’t believe. Also during day flying it allows you great orientation when out at a good distance! The regular marker lights are great for looks but these Lume Cubes are well worth the cash. The functionality of these lil things are top notch.
I have the mount and two Lume Cubs for my H, but have never flown with them. I have had them now since last Christmas. Seems the batteries are always dead. Do you keep yours on charge when not in use? I guess the bluetooth runs down the batteries when not in use.

I fly quite frequently so I’m keeping ALL of my batteries on the up and up. The Lume Cubes are awesome but read up via there website and if operating/storing them correctly they are well worth the cash. How do you spend $1000+ and not fly or use your man toy for months upon months?‍♂️ I will buy your Lume Cubes if not interested in them? There awesome

I fly quite frequently so I’m keeping ALL of my batteries on the up and up. The Lume Cubes are awesome but read up via there website and if operating/storing them correctly they are well worth the cash. How do you spend $1000+ and not fly or use your man toy for months upon months?‍♂️ I will buy your Lume Cubes if not interested in them? There awesome
I have "had" big plans for them, still trying to build a business around my drone. I need to get them out and start using them more...

<snip>...

I’ve been a thumb flyer over 40 years and will go head to head with a pinch flyer any time. It’s all about how we initially learn and the amount of practice afterwards we put in that makes us better, not how we hold the sticks. The more comfortable we are the better we become.
I'm a thumb flyer too. It just seems natural to me. I've tried the 'pinch' method but it just didn't feel right to me.

I agree, do what feels more comfortable.

I had a clumsy carp moment and as a result needed to replace both banks of switches/sliders at the top of my ST16. I got those parts from Yuneec and it went fine.

I thought that as long as I had the ST16 apart I would upgrade it to an ST16+. Terrestrial Imaging sells the parts quite reasonably and have a good video on how to accomplish it.

Here's my upgraded ST16 to ST16+

View media item 747
and here's the link to the Terrestrial Imaging YouTube video.

Thanks, Pat.

This was with my first TH480 (I now have 2). My wife named it Beetlejuice so that if it disappeared we might simply say its name 3 times and it would appear. :D Obviously after the movie of the same name.

upload_2018-4-13_16-30-31.png

My second TH480 I named Asimov, after my favorite sci-fi author. In my defence with more than one I needed a way to identify each. ;)

Thanks, Pat.

This was with my first TH480 (I now have 2). My wife named it Beetlejuice so that if it disappeared we might simply say its name 3 times and it would appear. :D Obviously after the movie of the same name.

View attachment 9280

My second TH480 I named Asimov, after my favorite sci-fi author. In my defence with more than one I needed a way to identify each. ;)

Ah yes! Now it makes sense - that is a perfect name.:cool: Mine H is named "Jenny" pronounced - Jen-nay as per Forest Gump - because she just wants to fly; fa fa away.

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson