Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Newbie

Jethros,

I don't know what emergency-kill refers to. That was my reason for asking if you hit the panic button;)

[QUOTE="Jethros, post: 85756, member: 7054" 'Emergency-Killed
I'm not an expert and I merely quote what it says in the manual but I would guess hitting the trees is an "Emergency" that certainly "Killed" the bird.

Jethros, if it was smart mode, you are not the only one - my incident was less catastrophic than yours. On one of my first flights in Angle mode, my H seemed to have a mind of its own. Pointed towards me, it suddenly started flying backwards when I went forward on the stick, going left when I tried to make it go right; I thought I had lost control so was about to switch to Return to Home when I saw the switch was in the dreaded Smart position. I must have knocked it without realising it. I was lucky and no crash!

Sorry don't have the link to hand so Google "Q500log2kml", Helmut Elsner is in Germany I think.

All good Dilly : ) I did actually find the link to Q500log2kml on one of the other posts in the forum last night ... but thanks to Dr Delta for posting it again above : ) Read through Helmut's PDF guide and the appendix with all the code values. I do suspect you are correct. The "emergency" that "killed" the bird was it hitting the ground at 30 MPH, 4 seconds after it 'somehow' got switched back to 'Smart' mode. Just seems to mesh with what actually happened with the flight.

Pat: I know you are a very knowledgeable contributor on this board. Do you know for certain that an 'Emergency-Kill' would constitute pressing the red kill switch?? Only reason I ask is I tried questioning what Yuneec was telling me with the telemetry. I can maybe buy into the fact I somehow inadvertently switched back to smart mode to cause the flyaway and eventual crash. But I know I did not press the kill switch. If the telemetry is showing that, I would kinda like to bring it back up with Yuneec.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval