Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H No Fly Zone

Got another reply .... this time from the US office:

"Hello once we have the NFZ software available you will be able to request the software to put it on your unit thank you."

Fingers crossed ;).

Cheers :cool:

I found a way to fly in a NFZ, I posted all about it in the "what are the true no fly zone restrictions" thread in typhoon h help :)

Reactions: Jussaguy
I called Yuneec today. They said the unrestricted (so I can fly in no fly zones) firmware is available. They emailed me the waiver to sign in order to get the unrestricted firmware. I signed it, sent it back, and then called them to see when I would get the firmware. They said it would be emailed to me on Tuesday (the techs that send it out will not be back until then due to Labor Day). I will update if/when I get it and let you guys know how it works.

I called Yuneec today. They said the unrestricted (so I can fly in no fly zones) firmware is available. They emailed me the waiver to sign in order to get the unrestricted firmware. I signed it, sent it back, and then called them to see when I would get the firmware. They said it would be emailed to me on Tuesday (the techs that send it out will not be back until then due to Labor Day). I will update if/when I get it and let you guys know how it works.

So it's September and I have a Typhon H grounded.
Literally never seen the light out of the case.

Any progress on the matter????

Yes .... at least here in Australia anyway. I received a licence update file (with a .pfx extension) and instructions from the Hong Kong office of Yuneec. I should note that in order to get this I had to supply them with my H's unique ID. so the file is "coded" just for my H.

After following the instructions .... I still get a warning about being in a NFZ .... but I can now fly with no problems or restrictions encountered.

Of course I still confirm with the tower my flight location and intentions before commencing each flight inside the NFZ .... and comply with their instructions.

So yes .... it looks like there is a way forward that works .... but it also looks like it is different for each region/location as to the current procedures.

Reactions: DroneClone
Yes .... at least here in Australia anyway. I received a licence update file (with a .pfx extension) and instructions from the Hong Kong office of Yuneec. I should note that in order to get this I had to supply them with my H's unique ID. so the file is "coded" just for my H.

After following the instructions .... I still get a warning about being in a NFZ .... but I can now fly with no problems or restrictions encountered.

Of course I still confirm with the tower my flight location and intentions before commencing each flight inside the NFZ .... and comply with their instructions.

So yes .... it looks like there is a way forward that works .... but it also looks like it is different for each region/location as to the current procedures.

Thanks for sharing info!;)

I received the updated license from Yuneec today that allows me to disable the no fly zone restriction. I thought it would be updated firmware but it is an updated license (aka device ID). Once I applied the update I was able to disable the no fly zone in the Settings tab of the GUI.

Sorry, I can't share the new license because it is a unique ID. So to get yours, call Yuneec and ask them to email you a waiver. Fill it out and sign it. Wait for them to send you a new License and follow the instructions.

Good luck and Fly safe!

30xitk1.jpg

DJI GO app has flight restricted zones too, any decent platform does, you'll be no better off, unless you get a toy, or one that has firmware to bypass them. Honolulu? you've got tons of place to fly near you, Just check your area for NFZ's and see if you have the "Yellow circles not the red, as you can fly in them within height and distance limits !
Hows it going sir? If I can ask you a question about the no fly zone? I work literally feet from a airport in a triple wide trailer. I wanted to see what it would do in a no fly zone, (in the trailer). On my phantom the motors wont start and the H started and didnt give a warning or anything, Is it because I was inside?

Hows it going sir? If I can ask you a question about the no fly zone? I work literally feet from a airport in a triple wide trailer. I wanted to see what it would do in a no fly zone, (in the trailer). On my phantom the motors wont start and the H started and didnt give a warning or anything, Is it because I was inside?

Work or Live?

I contacted them last week and they sent me the waiver release. I was informed that once I sign it and return it they will provide me with the update to remove the NFZ restrictions. The release requires the Serial number off the H. My H is currently in transit as I had a new GPS card installed. Should have it Friday. Once I get it back and obtain the serial number, I will send them the release. I will post something once I complete the test flights when my H returns and the NFZ restrictions are released. Another week unless someone else has success first.

I contacted them last week and they sent me the waiver release. I was informed that once I sign it and return it they will provide me with the update to remove the NFZ restrictions. The release requires the Serial number off the H. My H is currently in transit as I had a new GPS card installed. Should have it Friday. Once I get it back and obtain the serial number, I will send them the release. I will post something once I complete the test flights when my H returns and the NFZ restrictions are released. Another week unless someone else has success first.

Did you get the firmware to remove the no fly zones?

Seems like they should have that info, but I was required to do the same- you also have to hook the H up to the GUI and give them the vehicle number -- I was going to test mine Sunday but I am not sure now.

Oh and its not firmware so to speak its a license code you put you put in the gui and then you get a window that asks if you want to disable the NFZ so more like an unlock code than firmware.

Just talked to CS at Yuneec. They said the first mile from the airport will not allow any flight, after that it will be 40 feet to the 5 mile marker, and they do it for safety. I explained that Yuneec is not the policing agency for flight class zones, the FAA is. I explained that the "certified Remote PIC" needing the NFZ lifted are trained, tested, and licensed by the FAA. They know the restrictions, and have exemptions and/or approval from ATC prior to flying in the NFZ area. I stated that others with no training or authorizations are the ones that a NFZ firmware restriction should be applied to, or limited to a specific feet restriction. The licensed pilots are commercial flyers and Yuneec is preventing them from conducting approved business. I suggest that when the requesting pilot produces a Remote Pilot Certification number from the FAA, that the NFZ restriction be completely removed. And if they do not have a Certification then apply the existing limitation.
The other exemption would be AMA pilots in authorized flight areas. The CS rep agreed with my logic and requested I send an email explaining the need for more than one option on the NFZ Firmware so that he can forward it to the appropriate people in charge of Firmware coding.
Anyone with valid inputs that would like to forward them to me, I will include them in my email. Please no bitching session, just good substance for submission.
THanks

Just talked to CS at Yuneec. They said the first mile from the airport will not allow any flight, after that it will be 40 feet to the 5 mile marker, and they do it for safety. I explained that Yuneec is not the policing agency for flight class zones, the FAA is. I explained that the "certified Remote PIC" needing the NFZ lifted are trained, tested, and licensed by the FAA. They know the restrictions, and have exemptions and/or approval from ATC prior to flying in the NFZ area. I stated that others with no training or authorizations are the ones that a NFZ firmware restriction should be applied to, or limited to a specific feet restriction. The licensed pilots are commercial flyers and Yuneec is preventing them from conducting approved business. I suggest that when the requesting pilot produces a Remote Pilot Certification number from the FAA, that the NFZ restriction be completely removed. And if they do not have a Certification then apply the existing limitation.
The other exemption would be AMA pilots in authorized flight areas. The CS rep agreed with my logic and requested I send an email explaining the need for more than one option on the NFZ Firmware so that he can forward it to the appropriate people in charge of Firmware coding.
Anyone with valid inputs that would like to forward them to me, I will include them in my email. Please no bitching session, just good substance for submission.
THanks

It's odd I was told 40 feet as well verbally but the documents say 30 feet I have not been able to test it yet. I agree with what your proposing --

THanks
Doing this would also put an onus on you or anyone who they would completely lift the NFZ restrictions for; that if a craft that was NFZ free and were to be sold on to another user second hand, that the NFZ be reinstated prior to sale. If it was not not reinstated, then you might take on some responsibility for where that craft flies. Maybe this is already part of the wavier?

Reactions: Brian Mackey
THanks
It's actually 30 feet, look at it after upgrade, I have, Sucks!

Doing this would also put an onus on you or anyone who they would completely lift the NFZ restrictions for; that if a craft that was NFZ free and were to be sold on to another user second hand, that the NFZ be reinstated prior to sale. If it was not not reinstated, then you might take on some responsibility for where that craft flies. Maybe this is already part of the wavier?

It was not part of the agreement I signed, and I also wonder about firmware updates, do we have to go thru the NFZ procedure again..

I'm new to the drone scene so please forgive my ignorance and if this subject matter has already been discussed.

After much research and debate between the P4 and Typhoon H, I ordered a Typhoon H. Just got it in yesterday and wanted to fly it low around my place to safely learn how to use it. When I started it up the remote gives a warning that I am in a no fly zone and the motors won't spin up. I checked google map and I am exactly 5 miles away from the airport. I live in Honolulu so a five mile radius covers like 1/6 of the island.

I called Yuneec since I really don't know how comfortable I am taking the drone out to a public area without even trying it. Not to mention that I would like to fly the drone around my property just to enjoy and I don't appreciate a device that has limitations not allowing me to use it within my own home. They stated that there is a waiver I can fill out and return and they can provide a firmware that removes the no fly zones. I'm all for this since I don't plan on being reckless or doing anything criminal.

After a short wait he comes back and tells me that they actually don't have such a firmware for the H yet. They are working on it and don't know when it will be available. Now I don't know what to do. I know I don't want to keep the drone as is if it restricts me from flying at my own place or if I bring it over to a friends place. I could hold on to it and wait for the firmware but those things sometimes become vaporware. Does anyone know if and when a firmware came out for the Q500?

My other option is to just return the H now and see if a firmware ever gets released. Do you guys know if the P4 has all this restriction built in. If so does DJI provide a way to override?

Thanks for all your help. These forums have been very informative.
If can't fly and your place is in NFZ just return the H

Good suggestion, I will add that to the request. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox