Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H noisy motors (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am wondering if someone can tell me.
when I rotate my props
by finger ( machine not
powered up of course)

What is the noise I hear
only on two motors.
It sounds like sloppy
ball bearings.
the others are very quiet
and smooth.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Keith, that is like asking a person who is blind from birth, what color grass is. Please post a link to a YouTube video you have made that we can hear the sound on. Other than that, there should be no sound to speak of.

Keith, that is like asking a person who is blind from birth, what color grass is. Please post a link to a YouTube video you have made that we can hear the sound on. Other than that, there should be no sound to speak of.

Good idea about the YouTube video.
Thanks Keith

I am wondering if someone can tell me.
when I rotate my props
by finger ( machine not
powered up of course)

What is the noise I hear
only on two motors.
It sounds like sloppy
ball bearings.
the others are very quiet
and smooth.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Keith,

Have you grabbed a motor hub with one hand, and a prop with the other, to check if there is slop or wear in the prop hub?

I think I wrote about this very thing a few months ago after discovering wear in the prop hub. I discovered it exactly as described; spinning the prop by hand resulted in the noise in a couple... Replacing the prop took care of the issue.

Also, a good troubleshooting technique would have one swapping props between one making noise and one not, to see if the noise follows the noisy prop. [emoji41]

Good luck!

Jeff

Last edited:
Keith,

Have you grabbed a motor hub with one hand, and a prop with the other, to check if there is slop or wear in the prop hub?

I think I wrote about this very thing a few months ago after discovering wear in the prop hub. I discovered it exactly as described; spinning the prop by hand resulted in the noise in a couple... Replacing the prop took care of the issue.

Also, a good troubleshooting technique would have one swapping props between one making noise and one not, to see if the noise follows the noisy prop. [emoji41]

Good luck!

Jeff

Thank Jeff
I will take your advice
and try that. I wish
This posting had Mic
So I could talk this message in.
Keith

Keith,

Good luck!

Jeff

Yep that's what it is.
You nailed it Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval