Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Worn BLACK Motor Hubs

Reaction score
Question for the experts!
Today while flying I noticed a sound from my H (480) that I hadn’t noticed before.
Not a rattle but something sounded loose.
Checked all motors for heat to be sure they were all the same, seamed ok.
After checking the props I noticed all 3 black were loose on the locking hubs.
All three black, and only black, had a dusty looking film on the hub & prop.
Yes, I had noticed this prior but not the noise I heard today.
So, I have determined that all 3 black props & hubs have worn and are loose when locked!
Of course I stopped flying for the day but Heads Up inspect your locking hubs & props closely for signs of wear.
By the way my H is only 8 months old.
I escaped a potential catastrophe today, I flew 3 batteries before I determined the source of the sound.
Any suggestions where to order a complete set of props and six hubs.
Not taking any chances going to replace the whites also.

My motors sort of gave me issue slightly over 4400 minutes of use.. :):p

Manufacturer qualify control, batch of poor materials.

Plastic on plastic will become loose. There is a reason that there is third party props and mounts. I have CF props that are over tight as the metal hubs for the props don’t squish like the stock props do. It takes some breaking in by mounting and un-mounting repeatedly till they lock by hand easily.

Generally I've always read that third party props are inferior. The Yuneec ones are designed to break to prevent extra damage, Never heard of anything in UK other than original or dodgy eBay from some distant country.

Last edited:
Never heard of anything in UK other than original or dodgy eBay from some distant country.[/QUOTE]
That distant country must be Turkey.:rolleyes:

Never heard of anything in UK other than original or dodgy eBay from some distant country.
That distant country must be Turkey.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
No Hong Kong, Singapore and other far eastern countries, where delivery dates are months if you get at all, judging by Feedback, Have you seen Amazon.com compared to Amazon.uk, big difference, in Yuneec availability. I'll stick to Genuine, plastic can be a very versatile product.

That distant country must be Turkey.:rolleyes:
No Hong Kong, Singapore and other far eastern countries, where delivery dates are months if you get at all, judging by Feedback, Have you seen Amazon.com compared to Amazon.uk, big difference, in Yuneec availability. I'll stick to Genuine, plastic can be a very versatile product.[/QUOTE]
Oh I thought you were being facetious. :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop