Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H-plus Build project

This Help?

It would have 2 hours ago, lol...wtfd beat you to it, but thanks bud. Any idea what those 4 large screws with washers go to? I’m stumped on that one. Actually the wiring path does help.

And thank you for sending the grab bag of screws, much appreciated!

The Lock Washers are for Shoulder Bolts that are Basically the Hinge for the Motor Arms, the 4 screws are the Landing Gear Retract Modules, the smallest screws are for the Motor Arm Navigation Light/Status LED PCB's.
And your welcome for the Fasteners...;)

The Lock Washers are for Shoulder Bolts that are Basically the Hinge for the Motor Arms, the 4 screws are the Landing Gear Retract Modules, the smallest screws are for the Motor Arm Navigation Light/Status LED PCB's.
And your welcome for the Fasteners...;)

Thank you!

Now I have to rip it apart again, for the 3rd time..although it feels pretty good knowing the drone inside out and building it from scratch, I feel like I’m 1000% less worried about crashing it in the future, I could fix anything on it, minus software/ computer issues.

Did it work...?????

Sorry for the crappy video and editing, it was just with an iPhone and I hurriedly put it together..

Yes I calibrated compass but didn’t video it to bore anyone

And thanks for all the feedback folks!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I also have 2 issues I need help with.

1. Not happy with battery door...I only get one click, not two..the battery is easier to pull out then my other h plus. Any suggestions?

2. I stripped a screw on the lampshade. I tried the rubber band trick and it didn’t work. How do I get it out, any other home remedies or something at Home Depot/Lowe’s? Can’t drill it out as you normally would with a stripped screw, it’s just too small.

I need to open it back up and place the 4 large screws I have left over (can’t be good leaving them off it)

I also have 2 issues I need help with.

1. Not happy with battery door...I only get one click, not two..the battery is easier to pull out then my other h plus. Any suggestions?

2. I stripped a screw on the lampshade. I tried the rubber band trick and it didn’t work. How do I get it out, any other home remedies or something at Home Depot/Lowe’s? Can’t drill it out as you normally would with a stripped screw, it’s just too small.

I need to open it back up and place the 4 large screws I have left over (can’t be good leaving them off it)

IMG_2604.jpg

Stripped screw

For stripped screw head,I have done this, insert wrench with gorilla glue or epoxee,something that hardens and carefully turn it outwhen dry.Someone used to make a liquid mixed with small metal particles,,very small and you put it in the screw head ,insert driver and turn,it did work sometimes. That's all I got KC

Did it work...?????

Sorry for the crappy video and editing, it was just with an iPhone and I hurriedly put it together..

Yes I calibrated compass but didn’t video it to bore anyone

And thanks for all the feedback folks!!!!

Congrats to you,to get this far. We have followed you through this and thoroughly enjoyed it,all the while hoping for your success. You didn't even once lose your cool. Good luck with camera setup. KC

Reactions: Done-guy
For stripped screw head,I have done this, insert wrench with gorilla glue or epoxee,something that hardens and carefully turn it outwhen dry.Someone used to make a liquid mixed with small metal particles,,very small and you put it in the screw head ,insert driver and turn,it did work sometimes. That's all I got KC

Will try that, heading to Lowe’s in a bit (after taking drone over to a solar farm near my house that I use everyday). I do have some gorilla glue already so will try that first, also going to try to find something stronger if it doesn’t work just in case. Gorilla glue gets super messy and it’s such a small tight area.

Thank you

Good job, how did you strip the head ? Worse case, just cut the plastic off to get to the screw, if you go that route I have one so you can replace it (just replace it at a later date) ?

Not if the 4 large screws are the landing gear screws. You have to put those in AFTER the shell is in place. Or did the screws turn out to be something else?

Wtfd, I tried to take bottom cover off again to install the 4 large screws I have left, but stripped out the lampshade screw so haven’t gotten it off to find out where they go yet. Bought some JB weld, dabbed a little on the tip of hex wrench and inserted it into lampshade screw hole on top of the screw, it’s setting now, gonna wait a few hours to attempt getting it out. Not a huge deal and I’ll enventuallyfigure it out

Also bought some new hex wrenches, my set has gone through a q500 and typhoon h plus build and they’re pretty worn which is stripping my screws, have another body screw that’s close to stripping as well. Shoulda though of getting new wrenches beforehand, those tiny ones don’t last (gone through 3 already )

Johnny I appreciate the offer, hopefully I won’t have to go that route.

Camera works and the bird is steady like a rock in the air, very happy and learned a lot from this. Love flying the plus, such a joy to fly, it’s like butter

Reactions: johnnyb57
The first click is usually when the lock on the batt passes just under the frame/shell. If you can't pull it out with your finger nails, it is locked. If you do remove the top again, check it to make sure the lock is fully engaged.

I stripped a screw on the lampshade.
I have successfully used a torx driver to remove a hex screw in a case like this.

Reactions: Done-guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval