Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H PLUS C23 Camera Emergency

Reaction score
I’m in San Diego to film my family and I can’t get my C23 camera to bind due to it not appearing on my ST16S. I have attempted to reset the WiFi on the camera without success. The indicator light on the camera itself has not turned on at all. The gimbal appears to be functioning normally, but so far nothing on the camera. When I go to connect the camera on the ST16S, it doesn’t have anything listed to connect, it just says “No SSID’s Found.”

Please help me connect my camera/turn it on so I can focus on family. I just unboxed it 3 days ago, it’s brand new, and so far I have been unable to get it functioning in any way, even after all firmware updates, and I’m so frustrated. Please help.

Last edited:
Done. The contacts appear to be fine. Is there anything in particular to observe?

The gimbal is operational but the camera does not register an SSID with the ST16S. Our serial number or drone information does not appear on the controller. I have bound the drone to the ST16S successfully.

I can’t enter anything in the WIFI fields.
I have successfully updated the firmware we just need to get the camera online.

Please help us.
Is there a number we can call where we can actually reach someone?

Thank you for your help

After you turn on the copter, observe the LED on the camera for 5 minutes. At some point the LED should start blinking in green (if you have an sd card in it). That means that it's ready to make a connection with the ST16S. Does it ever get to the point of green blinking?

Well being a national holiday, you are getting no assistance from Yuneec today. If you call the main telephone support number tomorrow, right after they open at 8 AM PT, you should be able to get an appointment callback scheduled. Call volume is heaviest on Mondays and the day after a holiday.

Unfortunately, if this is your first Yuneec airframe, it is going to take some time... very few individuals have this new platform, and the those that do, are reporting some different methodology in terms diagnostic troubleshooting. With the holiday likely reducing forum activity today as well, you may have to sit tight until contacting Yuneec tomorrow.

However if you figure out how to get the camera working, please report back, as you will then be able to assist others. Otherwise,
go enjoy the day with your family.

Reactions: jrojas1128
DroneCalzone,
Thank you. No LED whatsoever.
What should I do next! Please!

Eagle Eye,
Thank you.

Rdonson,
Thank you. Please let the community know if the person who created that manual needs anything we shall be the first to respond. Thank you

[QUOTE="amyofjuan, post: 139524, member: 16154"
I have successfully updated the firmware we just need to get the camera online.
[/QUOTE]

I purchased my H+ RS on Monday. This morning I did the firmware update procedure described in the 'new' user-supplied owners manual. Specifically stated in the new manual was that the drone should be OFF during the firmware download and turned ON only after the download was completed. It was at this point that I had to rebind the camera to the ST16S. Could you have had the drone ON during the download process? Have you hit the reset button at the bottom of the binding screen?

On my system, after the download and rebinding and returning to the firmware updates screen, the display said 'No updates required'. The code was dated May 7.

Sorry to not be of more help...

Happy 4th of July everyone!
If any of you have extra time to attempt to help us get our c23 working please reach out. Thank you

One other quick question, before you did the FW update sequence, did you turn on the ST16S, wait for it to fully boot up and then turn on the H+ to see if it was fully functional (camera working) before doing the FW update? The purpose for the question is to try to separate a hardware issue from a failed FW update issue.

Reactions: amyofjuan
Barton,
As a team of 2 we made the mistake of assuming that the ST16S was on due to the “on” button being pressed.

However, the ST16S needed to boot up entirely prior to turning on the Typhoon H Plus.

So in short.... No...
however... once I realized that the ST16S was not fully boot on, I started over.

Please help!

Should our SD cars be fully empty? I believe it contains the Datapilot APK file in case the auto sequence did not work.

This is the only issue I can see that may be affecting our C23.

The drone was ON due to us assuming that it would also be updated.

The manual mentioned turning on the ST16S first and then the Drone.

So it was on.

Is there anyway to reset both the Controller and drone to factory settings and start all over?

The reset button has not been active.
The ST16S states that there are no further updates needed.

amyofjuan, I am going to jump to a conclusion that you will not like. I suspect that you either have a DOA (dead on arrival) camera, or an issue in the drone getting power to the camera. In your original post, you stated that the light on the camera never turns on. This indicates that the camera is not powering on. When I turn on the H+, the gimbal 'does its thing' rotating around AND the green light on the camera is flashing. After boot up, the camera light turns a solid green. Obviously, if the camera is not getting power (no green led), you will see all of the symptoms that you describe... I don't think this is a ST16S issue. I can duplicate the WiFi connection symptoms you describe by just not turning on the H+.

Sorry.

Reactions: amyofjuan
Mr Barton,
Logic is always appreciated and although it is unpleasant to have my own diagnosis conclusion echoed by someone who actually knows what they are doing is a relief. Thank you for your help.

We are victims of defining success as going from “failure to failure with the same sense of enthusiasm” so we will try to contact Yuneec and drive to Corona to their Cal Dept since we are only one hour away. Tips?Thank you

Mr Barton,
Logic is always appreciated and although it is unpleasant to have my own diagnosis conclusion echoed by someone who actually knows what they are doing is a relief. Thank you for your help.

We are victims of defining success as going from “failure to failure with the same sense of enthusiasm” so we will try to contact Yuneec and drive to Corona to their Cal Dept since we are only one hour away. Tips?Thank you

Best of success with your interactions with Yuneec (note: I am NOT being sarcastic here, I have never contacted them but have heard good reports).

A couple of corrections I need to make,
  1. First name is Barton, no Mr. necessary.
  2. I said on power up of the H+ the camera light is flashing green - actually it is red and turns green when all units are connected. The flashing green occurred when binding was in progress. Not a big difference but I try not to spread dis-information. Anyhow, NO light indicates a major issue.
  3. third correction: your statement that I know what I am doing is stretching reality :) . While I did spend my working career in the electronics industry, I have only owned a drone since July 2, 2018 so my hands-on experience is basically nil :) .

Should our SD cars be fully empty? I believe it contains the Datapilot APK file in case the auto sequence did not work.

This is the only issue I can see that may be affecting our C23.
SD needs to be formatted from st16s - the card should be plank and by the why Datapilot APK is not for the H PLUS that is a H520 program
Remove the .apk program

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio