Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H plus camera and gimbal issues - Need Help

Reaction score
I own Typhoon H Plus hexacopter which was bought in the month of OCT
2018, perhaps it was working absolutely fine till date until i
recently performed upgrade of the software, afterwhich the Camera and
GIMBAL doesnt respond to any inputs from the ST16 controller and there
is a constant beep from the drone unit/Gimbal and its stuck at one
position after initialization, i have tried resetting and relinking the camera with ST16 but
doesnt help , the issue persists, as i am staying in Bangalore,INDIA
there is no service center to get this fixed , Can anyone please help to
provide me with the procedure to have the unit set to factory settings
or downgrade the firmware to its original version which should fix the
issue i believe or please provide me the original version firmware
which was installed in the drone, will appreciate your quick response
and help in this regards, PLEASE REQUESTING your help once again

Have you tried exiting the app from the St, go to the android settings and check the WiFi of the camera and enter their password? If you try to bind the camera from the app, it brings up the password screen but you can’t see it because they never fixed that their photos float over the top of the keyboard pop up to enter WiFi password at the bind page. I’ve had a similar issue post firmware update and it took me a few tries but I was able to get the password in and then the bind was accepted and all camera functions returned. In my case, I’d wait till the one picture in their photo loop that momentarily shows the keyboard came up then I’d quickly type in the numbers. It was very frustrating and took many restarts as if you can’t complete the password because you can’t see the keyboard, it’s just stuck and you can’t exit. Eventually, somehow, it bound the camera but the frustration with that GUI and those stupid photos overriding the keyboard has made this my least favorite drone and I may soon take the hit and sell it.

Thank you very much Craig for this suggestion , i have never tried this option , let me give it a shot and let you know the outcome

Try the Android direct WiFi first and see if you get the successful WiFi connection. Make sure the camera is found in the bind list after you go back into the flight app. It may or may not want that password again and that’s the trickiest part. I honestly thought about making a tape template of the Android keyboard to hit the right buttons (keys) for the password at the bind window as that’s what it lost in the upgrade. It took me several attempts and I could here the clicking of the keyboard that’s there but hidden by that floating photo thing.

It’d be nice to find out how to remove that annoying home screen photo animation permanently and have proper access to the keyboard when the app requires it. The same issue happens at firmware update and I always preload the firmware via Android WiFi connect as it’s impossible to do from the app because the keyboard is not on the top of their graphics...so annoying and never been fixed that I know of.

I did try this suggestion/solution, perhaps the issue still persists with the gimbal and camera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval