Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Like a lot of other Plus members, I was having trouble getting my Plus to perform CCC. Every now and then I would see a glimmer of hope only to find I was not able to repeat the process with any consistency. About a week ago I went to the field and was determined to try one more time and this time I looked at everything. What I found was; the H Plus performs CCC very similarly to the standard H, but some of the advancements or refinements of the Plus that changed the way I fly were part of the problem.

In particular - the Rate Slider. On the standard H, some will recall that we could create rate curves, that allowed for smoother off-hover flight, my routine then became I never used the rate slider on my H as I was comfortable leaving it at high rate because the sticks had the effect of a slow rate for the first 20% of movement. I Hope this is not confusing but it is important.

The Typhoon H Plus on the other hand is a totally different animal in the way it flies and the way I fly it, and here is where I believe there has been confusion and some flyers had success while others did not - where is your rate slider? My routine flying the Plus is one that has me using the rate slider in conjunction with the right stick on a regular basis - never left in one place and never at either extreme. On the Plus, in order for the throttle stick movements to register and thereby begin the mission, the rate slidier must be at full.

In addition, I found that I could never get the Plus to fly back to the starting point as before with the standard H - I think it won't recognize that you want to go to the start if you are close to the last waypoint as it is waiting for the command to run backwards - not forwards. So if you are at the end of the route, throttle stick down or fly to the first waypoint and hit start.

So anyway, when I got to where I could run the route consistently I thought I would make a video and here it is.

Like a lot of other Plus members, I was having trouble getting my Plus to perform CCC. Every now and then I would see a glimmer of hope only to find I was not able to repeat the process with any consistency. About a week ago I went to the field and was determined to try one more time and this time I looked at everything. What I found was; the H Plus performs CCC very similarly to the standard H, but some of the advancements or refinements of the Plus that changed the way I fly were part of the problem.

In particular - the Rate Slider. On the standard H, some will recall that we could create rate curves, that allowed for smoother off-hover flight, my routine then became I never used the rate slider on my H as I was comfortable leaving it at high rate because the sticks had the effect of a slow rate for the first 20% of movement. I Hope this is not confusing but it is important.

The Typhoon H Plus on the other hand is a totally different animal in the way it flies and the way I fly it, and here is where I believe there has been confusion and some flyers had success while others did not - where is your rate slider? My routine flying the Plus is one that has me using the rate slider in conjunction with the right stick on a regular basis - never left in one place and never at either extreme. On the Plus, in order for the throttle stick movements to register and thereby begin the mission, the rate slidier must be at full.

In addition, I found that I could never get the Plus to fly back to the starting point as before with the standard H - I think it won't recognize that you want to go to the start if you are close to the last waypoint as it is waiting for the command to run backwards - not forwards. So if you are at the end of the route, throttle stick down or fly to the first waypoint and hit start.

So anyway, when I got to where I could run the route consistently I thought I would make a video and here it is.

Well done Ty. I had never flown a 480, so when I tested this function I didn't know it was any different. This video was well done and should help clear up any confusion. What a great place to fly you have there...

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Adding my comments to those above, I must say this is one of the most professional, useful and easy to understand videos for the H+ I've come across. Thanks so much. This gives me the courage to try CCC out on my relatively new H+.

Excellent video and explanation on how to use the CCC! I myself was having trouble trying to figure it while flying the other day and I was able to record the route, just couldn't figure out how to fly it autonomously. Thank you!

P.S. What part of Central FL are you in? I knew I recognized the environment. I'm over near Melbourne.

Can anyone tell me why I’m not getting any sound on the videos I’m trying to watch when using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone? It’s driving me crazy!

Excellent video and explanation on how to use the CCC! I myself was having trouble trying to figure it while flying the other day and I was able to record the route, just couldn't figure out how to fly it autonomously. Thank you!

P.S. What part of Central FL are you in? I knew I recognized the environment. I'm over near Melbourne.

I'm in Oviedo

Reactions: nabbott.us
Can anyone tell me why I’m not getting any sound on the videos I’m trying to watch when using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone? It’s driving me crazy!

Not sure about that Chad, all I know is from time to time I find videos that when viewing on Google chrome the sound is missing and I have to open a different browser.

Reactions: ChadCloses
You are a Genious @Ty Pilot had 10+ consecutive CCC today :)

Had a job I had to cancel because of boring weather today but now I finally had some dry weather I thought I might as well play around with CCC. It was such a relief that one after another the CCC missions would just keep on executing. And the global pan mode where you control the camera with the right stick gives you so buttery smooth camera movements, that it is hard to believe.

It's not much but I never thought that I would be able to get this kind of footage on the H plus.

Had a job I had to cancel because of boring weather today but now I finally had some dry weather I thought I might as well play around with CCC. It was such a relief that one after another the CCC missions would just keep on executing. And the global pan mode where you control the camera with the right stick gives you so buttery smooth camera movements, that it is hard to believe.

It's not much but I never thought that I would be able to get this kind of footage on the H plus.

Great video! Looks super smooth. With the global pan mode, are you able to get a total 360 rotation with the camera?

Reactions: mbernholdt
Great video! Looks super smooth. With the global pan mode, are you able to get a total 360 rotation with the camera?
Yeah full control 360 spin full up and down...

Glad it worked for you @mbernholdt Once you get the hang of it (CCC), the possibilities really open up. I find the camera movement while using CCC is very very good and your video clearly shows how you can get seamless cinematic movement with the Plus. Well done.

I’ve used this flight mode a couple of times, and discarded do to issues of video link connectivity.

Earlier today, I gave it another try, and I must say, I truly enjoyed it! What I enjoy most is the immersive joystick, because I like being in full control of the gimbal. It took me awhile to tame the right joystick, once I figured out the of how much input to put in, the camera was like butter!

Nice write-up btw.

I have experimented with CCC and typically I find it flies much too fast, especially at the beginning. I am able to slow it down, but I wonder if there is any way to just set the initial speed slower?

I have experimented with CCC and typically I find it flies much too fast, especially at the beginning. I am able to slow it down, but I wonder if there is any way to just set the initial speed slower?
No unfortunately not. But you should begin a little longer out so you have time to adjust speed before your clip begins.

Hint: if you turn on your obstacle avoidance the max speed will be reduced and the drone will fly at a good speed for filming [emoji329][emoji23]

Reactions: Euphered and Trav H
This was an excellent video/discussion and as a video creator myself I appreciate the time you put into making it. I have already started to watch some of your other fine videos. I was planning to get an H3 but, I can get the H+ for $500 US cheaper. So, things are looking like that is what I'll get.

About 18 hours after I wrote the above... "I dropped the hammer" and have ordered an H+ from Vertigo.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval