Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus or H Pro

The most difficult part is yet to come. In some areas more applicable to you, in others applicable to all.

Yours will focus on photography skills that require time and practice perfect. Obtain the model of your choice and practice, practice, practice. Like a plane, know the systems and performance inside and out, to the point you no longer need to contemplate an action before executing it. Know what to do when systems fail, as they always eventually do.

For all will be the upcoming changes we are facing from the regulatory sector. We won’t like them and work arounds will be challenging.

BTW, if it was me the choice would be the Plus. The Pro is past its prime.
Thanks for the tips. As for photography, I'm certainly no pro, but I've had that bug for a long time. 35mm Minolta in the 80s, in the 90s it was a Canon 35, and starting in 2004 or 5, it was Canon's DSLRs that I got into. One of the lenses I have cost more than an H plus. I've only ever made pocket change at photography, even though I do have a good eye. I've always been afraid to market myself. That will be my biggest challenge. Since my wife and grandson are interested in this, I will be leaning on them to do some of that. My wife is now retired, so she has time, while I'll be keeping my full-time job. Grandson has just entered the workforce, still in high school, but has been taking video production classes for the past two years. They'll probably both also end up with a 107.

...but there is one caveat if talking photos - forget about using the JPEGs, they are worse that those from the 480 (long story, do a search) ;) but if you're shooting for RAW, then its got the goods. Video out of it is excellent as well.
I've been in Canon DSLRs for about 15 years, so no danger of my using jpg. ?

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Since you plan on doing business I would recommend getting the H Plus. It is a better flier, has a better camera, and being newer it will have support for some time to come. It is also considerably quieter than the H480 (Typhoon H/H Pro).

The H480 and CGO3+ is a good platform, but is a mature product. It is very unlikely to get anymore updates from Yuneec.

Reactions: Rich_H
Hi Rich_H,
Welcome, and you have started the correct way and asked QUESTIONS in this FORUM. In Australia when I was an Apprentice Carpenter ( all of 14 yrs old) my boss drummed into me the 6 'P' method of work, and that is PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE, and it has stayed with me ever since. These are fantastic machines to both have fun with and use them in our WORK.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the GREEN side of the GRASS.

Reactions: Rich_H and AH-1G
Here's a new question - is this drone suitable for photgrammetry? I haven't decided for sure if that's what I want to do, but listening to podcasts that suggest finding a niche and that photography/videography is pretty saturated, and this is one of the options offered. If it isn't, what drone would be recommended, preferably in the same or lower price range. I could consider higher, but not sure if I could do it right now. Also, although Yuneec looks pretty attractive to me, I will consider other brands, but do not want DJI. Would prefer a drone that allows me to unlock one time after having part 107 verified, or one that lets the pilot be responsible for his own self rather than the drone acting as a baby sitter.

I know in your original post you mentioned Photo and video but here you state photography specifically. I have both versions and the primary work we do is Real Estate and; for two years the Typhoon H (or should I say the CG03+ and Typhoon H) handled the job admirably, and when using DNG's, the H 480 gave very solid results. This is especially true in light of the fact that when housing markets are up - 'drone' photography suffers. We do the full range of photography (ground and aerial) and I can say that the amount of clients that end up adding the aerial shots runs between a low of about 5% to a high of around 20% of the total volume.

Point being: when markets are doing well a lot of realtors look at photographs of the property as a mere formality for the most part. Now granted; some will have a stubborn property and realize that if they could just (for example) show how close a property is to water then that may be beneficial and go ahead and pony up but, for the most part its dog eat dog and they don't want to pay for the extra shots. For this reason, I could make the argument that shooting high quality DNG's from my Typhoon H would satisfy most of our clients. Just my two cents on that platform.

The Typhoon H Plus looks like like the others but is totally different, and the real difference is in the camera especially when you are talking about photos or video. I cannot say enough good things about the C23 - coming from the 480 and CG03+, the Plus has lived up to every expectation, but there is one caveat if talking photos - forget about using the JPEGs, they are worse than those from the 480 (long story, do a search) ;) but if you're shooting for RAW, then its got the goods. Video out of it is excellent as well.

One thing I would caution any person new to Yuneec and especially new to UAV's of this class - spend a little time (okay a little more than that) reading up on the two platforms. Each has it's downside and strengths and the challenge will be to see which fits your particular circumstances. Good Luck.
Thank you for putting this up - I've purchased this for stock aerial and RE photography/videography and am a TOTAL newbie at it. I'll certainly be taking the time to read and practise. I've got a Dobby to practise with in the mean time.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval