Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus Video

Reaction score

This particular one-room school house is one of the most photographed in Kansas. Hopefully you'll also see the beauty of the Flint Hills in which this 1889 building sits, well out in the countryside. I'm always learning and there are things I can see that I might have done differently but overall I'm fairly pleased with how this came out. Hopefully you'll see the beauty of the surrounding Flint Hills in which this 1889 building sits, well out in the countryside. I wanted to pull in a sense of the environment itself, (amidst farmer's fields) as well as capture the immediate setting for this classic structure. I've included some other comments in the description under the video on YouTube. Some of that may be repeated below.

I don't have a lot of experience at this sort of thing. I have my basic registration. No commercial license. I'm always learning and there are things I can see that I might have done differently but overall I'm fairly pleased with how this came out. I'm learning my new drone and the PowerDirector 16 editing software as I go. Trying to get the processing settings right and compatible with YouTube has been a challenge but I think I'm almost there. A 4K video viewed on anything less than a 4K monitor won't look as crisp. I'm 67 and not a tech "nerd" per se, so this is pretty "techie" stuff for me.

I can see that I would benefit from a filter over the lens in some cases, (most particularly when flying into a setting sun.) If anyone wants to recommend a filter for the H Plus, it would be appreciated but of course I can always Google it. If you have helpful, constructive criticism it is welcome. Kind, positive and encouraging words are encouraged. (Do I sound like a retired teacher?)

When it comes to editing, (for example the speed of the transition, etc.) much of that is (IMO) like music, subjective but I promise not to take offense. There's really only one transition here that I think was too fast towards the end. (I'm not sure how I let that get by me.) I'm sure there's one transition that some will argue is too long but I happen to like it.

I purposely set the drone video cam on "normal." I did no enhancement within the drone or editing software of any kind. So it is what it is. There was some pretty harsh and direct late evening sun that messed with the exposures but the drone's equipment does a pretty amazing job of adapting. I probably could have made some more adjustments in the St16 settings. I'm still learning. Thanks for watching.

I like the sun flare in the intro. I have been having problems flying towards the sun.

You video is crisp, love the cinedrama (if that’s even a word) Hope to see more videos in the future.

Very nice. Excellent for beginning video production skills. I am sitting here with a book (so old fashioned) going over Adobe Premiere as I try to get better.

My favorite sequences are the low flight approaching the school house at 22 seconds; the pan into the front of the school house at 2:22; and the closing sequence.

Very nice. Excellent for beginning video production skills. I am sitting here with a book (so old fashioned) going over Adobe Premiere as I try to get better.

My favorite sequences are the low flight approaching the school house at 22 seconds; the pan into the front of the school house at 2:22; and the closing sequence.
Thank you.

Love it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy