Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus will not start with any GPS mode

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just purchased a Typhoon H plus all be it second hand but hardly used by a commercial pilot as a back up for a month. This is my first Yuneec product but not my first drone. I have read and digested the less than comprehensive manual and when I try to fire up the rotors with the red button I get nothing but a series of beeps and then red lights flashing on all props. The rotors will start if I use the takeoff button on screen but I still have no control over rotor power so no take off and as it should after approx 10 seconds it shuts down the rotors. The little note menu says no flight mode selected and flight mode not available when ever I try to select any mode.

However if I switch to Manual mode all is great everything works except there are no feedback information regarding hight distance V/S nothing all I get is the distance I was when the controller first connected to the UAV I have full control of all camera functions flight in manual mode, but I cannot get it to work in Angle, sport/Smart modes.

Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated.

It might be worth pointing out the Drone was unlocked by Yuneec for a CAA pilot and was reverted for the sale as I am awaiting my PfCO. Not sure that would make a difference. And as per NATS and 2 other apps I am not in any Airspace close to some firing ranges but not in any of them.

How long are you waiting between the time you turn the aircraft on and trying to start the motors? How many satellites are you seeing on the aircraft? The controller? A typhoon H plus can take about a minute to fully boot up and one of the last things that is settled is the flight mode is acknowledged. One more thing, you mention your PfCO so I take it you are familiar with all rules concerning airspace, so are you saying at one time this aircraft had the NFZ's removed but when it was sold to you; that it was returned to a stock H Plus condition?

How long are you waiting between the time you turn the aircraft on and trying to start the motors? How many satellites are you seeing on the aircraft? The controller? A typhoon H plus can take about a minute to fully boot up and one of the last things that is settled is the flight mode is acknowledged. One more thing, you mention your PfCO so I take it you are familiar with all rules concerning airspace, so are you saying at one time this aircraft had the NFZ's removed but when it was sold to you; that it was returned to a stock H Plus condition?
Hi thanks for your reply. Here goes hope I answer all the questions.
I waited between 2 to 5 mins for the hole set up and camera to come online it seams to take a while. The longest I had the system on for today about 1 HR of attempts and changes and still nothing. I had 17 sats on the Airframe and between 15 and 17 on the remote.

Regarding Airspace yes very familiar I have had 2 years commercial experience with PfAW before it changed to the current. And yes he had NFZ removed from Yuneec and as my Permission has not yet been received he said he removed the code.

Hope that helps in lost here hahaha

It's a new bird that someone else set up. Have you erased all existing models, created a new model, and tried binding to the new model?
If that does not work, please tell us what LED are showing, and what you see on the controller screen.

Regarding Models, I don't know what that is not something in the manual so don't know where to start. Regarding LEDs flashing when it is set up and ready I get the usual red and green then 2 flashing purple lights at the rear in the manual this suggests Angle mode with no GPS lock. When I switch to Manual mode they turn solid blue on takeoff.
I don't get any other light combination even when I switch to sport mode. In the settings it does not allow me to select the smart mode settings on position slider it says I am withing the safety area. Even if I am 20m away. The screen is showing normally 17 sats from the drone and between 15 and 17 for the remote. I don't get any warning messages or anything I don't get anything like the DJI saying home point set or anything I get the usual icons in the too right WiFi signals and so on I get the A with the circles for Autonomous mode and an M when I switch to Manual mode and it won't go back to the A when I try switching back to Auto I get full camera controls and the auto takeoff option it fires the props but does not takeoff and shuts back down I'm flying a small Cornish town Millbrook so as far as I am aware no NFZ other than a temporary weather balloon until 11th but it still won't operate at home 20 mile's away from those. Attached screenshot of NATS.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191011_050356_uk.co.nats.droneassist.jpg
    Screenshot_20191011_050356_uk.co.nats.droneassist.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20191011_050801_uk.co.nats.droneassist.jpg
    Screenshot_20191011_050801_uk.co.nats.droneassist.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
For me it seems you bought a used aircraft where the previous owner retrograded the firmware. There is no way to establish what the previous owner may have done right or wrong during the firmware retrograde process.

From what I have been able to discern from the problem descriptions you may be in for a long process of trial and error tying many different suggestions from this forum. If it was me I’d cut to the chase and reach out to Yuneec for a solution.

Thanks PatR, I purchased it from a well known buying site sobi can get my money back if that's the case I purchased it with the knowledge it was in full working order, that said it was only purchased brand new a month or so ago so it is under warranty and he said he would return it and get it sorted maybe that is the route I must take.

As you have that option it may be an expeditious way to achieve 100% positive results. Buying something and having to spend considerable time and effort to “fix it” immediately afterwards does not make for an enjoyable ownership experience.

Hello, I think I have the same problem, it suddenly arose, after several days without flying, I will start it and the same thing happens, create a thread in this forum without result. I have sent it to my supplier.

Hello, I think I have the same problem, it suddenly arose, after several days without flying, I will start it and the same thing happens, create a thread in this forum without result. I have sent it to my supplier.
Thanks for the info please do let us know if you ever find out what the issue is I think I have a call booked in on Monday from tech support and Dan who is supposed to be all knowing so will see what they say before I decide whether to return it or have it repaired.

well dit this ever got solved? i got the exact same problem now :( i've had mine for about two years now and i never did a update or somthing manual, but now it does exactly the same stuff as the uploader

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval