Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro GPS Acquiring Will Not Connect To GPS

Darn, wish you would have replied yesterday with this I sent it off today!

Since it is out of warranty it won’t hurt to open it up and try reseating the GPS cable connector. Then if that doesn’t cure the problem lift and reseat the FC board. It beats having to send it off and be without it for weeks. If it doesn’t get rid of the problem, you just send it in anyway.
Thanks for the info appreciate it I'm kicking myself in the butt now if a fix is as simple as a reconnecting cable. Parts and labor could be $$$.$$.

Thanks for the info appreciate it I'm kicking myself in the butt now if a fix is as simple as a reconnecting cable. Parts and labor could be $$$.$$.
Don’t kick yourself too hard. It was just something to try. From the symptoms you described, I’m betting that the FC is bad. You were seeing satellites, but not getting the GPS Ready signal.

Please let us know what Vertigo does to correct the problem.

Don’t kick yourself too hard. It was just something to try. From the symptoms you described, I’m betting that the FC is bad. You were seeing satellites, but not getting the GPS Ready signal.

Please let us know what Vertigo

Please let us know what Vertigo does to correct the problem.
I will keep you updated. I'm seeing a used FC board on eBay for 75.00 us dollars

The FC should be part YUNTYH133SVC. Here is a Maintenance Guide for the TH/TH Pro and H530/TH Plus.

Attachments

• H MaintenanceGuide v0.5.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: metropolis
Yes that's a good app, people forget the earth is round, the weather forecast can be up creek sometimes, saying " Good to fly" and it's pouring down with rain and blowing a gale!
The earth is round!!! *shock Horror* All these years I've been afraid that I'd fall off the edge. This calls for an entirely different mind set ? ;)

Vertigo Drones inspected my H with and said that the Flight controller needed to be replaced with parts, shipping and labor $264.00

Last edited:
Hello!
Three months did not use the drone. There was an open heart operation. After a forced interruption in flights, the drone refused to memorize the satellites. He sees a sufficient number, but does not register them. On the control panel the inscription - acquire GPS !
No manipulation of the software helped. No waiting in the open area brought results.
Studied all the possible forums. A summary is just a block GPS replacement.
He took off this block, examined. The unit has a 3-volt Seiko MS621FE-FL11E Rechargeable Lithium Battery. A simple measurement by a tester showed that on my unit the battery voltage is only 1.6 volts instead of 3 volts. I believe that this is not enough for the correct operation of the unit. I suspect that it is precisely because of the low battery voltage that the unit does not register captured satellites. I ordered batteries on Ebay, after receiving I will re-solder, and check. I think everything will be all right.

Hello!
Three months did not use the drone. There was an open heart operation. After a forced interruption in flights, the drone refused to memorize the satellites. He sees a sufficient number, but does not register them. On the control panel the inscription - acquire GPS !
No manipulation of the software helped. No waiting in the open area brought results.
Studied all the possible forums. A summary is just a block GPS replacement.
He took off this block, examined. The unit has a 3-volt Seiko MS621FE-FL11E Rechargeable Lithium Battery. A simple measurement by a tester showed that on my unit the battery voltage is only 1.6 volts instead of 3 volts. I believe that this is not enough for the correct operation of the unit. I suspect that it is precisely because of the low battery voltage that the unit does not register captured satellites. I ordered batteries on Ebay, after receiving I will re-solder, and check. I think everything will be all right.
Keep everyone here posted. It will be good it it resolves the problem.

Here is the outcome from replacing the battery on the GPS board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep an eye on the satellite count on both the ST-16 and the TH Pro. You need at least 6 satellites on the controller and the aircraft to get GPS ready and allow motor start (10 on controller to enable Follow/Watch Me).

If you are getting enough satellites and you stay in the Acquiring phase or get the Ready for a couple of seconds then drop out again, there are three possible causes. A bad GPS in the ST-16, a bad GPS in the TH, or a bad FC board in the aircraft. If you have the Wizard Wand you can test to see if the aircraft or the controller is the culprit.

Mine flew just fine until I bound the wizard...now the engines wont start...whats causing that?

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Mine flew just fine until I bound the wizard...now the engines wont start...whats causing that?
Have you put the TH in bind mode and rebound to the ST16?

How many satellites are showing on the aircraft and the controller?

Have you been using the system regularly or has it been stored for weeks?
It shows 19 sat. At one point give or take a few depending on where i might be it has ben stored as well for periods of time moast of the t io me hav ing the battery left in fully or anbout 3/4 way charged

Since it is out of warranty it won’t hurt to open it up and try reseating the GPS cable connector. Then if that doesn’t cure the problem lift and reseat the FC board. It beats having to send it off and be without it for weeks. If it doesn’t get rid of the problem, you just send it in anyway.
I would be very interested in how to do this. Can you please point mr to the directions>
Thank you

I would be very interested in how to do this. Can you please point mr to the directions>
Thank you
These videos are by @Steve Carr of this Forum. They are an excellent way to see the required tasks.
I do the top shell unlatching a little differently. Try squeezing in a little on the top of each arm opening. Grab the arm with your other hand and push up on the top of the arm opening with your thumb.
The GPS connector is the last item in the "Removing the Top Shell" video.

Reactions: jcommstudios

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33