Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro (RealSense)

Reaction score
I am seriously considering purchasing the Typhoon H Pro 4K (with Intel RealSense Collision Avoidance). Is this the better drone to buy over the Typhoon H UHD 4K? Is the upgrade worth the cost?

Also, Amazon sells the kits (i.e., bag, extra battery, extra blades, lens cleaning kit, etc.). Are the kits worth the money? Any other venue better to purchase than Amazon?

I would like to hear your experiences and suggestions. This is a big investment (for me) and I do not want to regret my decision.

Thank you in advance!

attached file is a picture of what I bought for $701.00 on eBay, used 5 flights.

Attachments

• A__C07A.jpg
    A__C07A.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: BaldEagle
Really good feedback! I was wrestling with spending the extra cash for the Real sense while wondering if it really is worth it.

Really good feedback! I was wrestling with spending the extra cash for the Real sense while wondering if it really is worth it.
It would not be worth the extra cost to me. I prefer to fly the bird rather than trust an electronic avoidance system. The more layers of gizmo's you add the bigger the chance for a failure. It seems to me that rather than reduce the chances of a crash you may actually increase your chances. Reason? You start to depend on the device rather than your skill as a pilot and you pay less attention to what is around the aircraft.
As @Robert007 says, extra batteries are far more useful.

Hi, I bought the H with real sense on Amazon back in November the kit, back pack, extra battery etc. for 1499. Real happy with it. Also got the same without real sense. Both work well. Bought extra Batteries for both and extra charger. I like the real sense for wooded areas etc, works as illustrated. I would recommend it. No issues with either, just keep it updated and fly safe.

I am seriously considering purchasing the Typhoon H Pro 4K (with Intel RealSense Collision Avoidance). Is this the better drone to buy over the Typhoon H UHD 4K? Is the upgrade worth the cost?

Also, Amazon sells the kits (i.e., bag, extra battery, extra blades, lens cleaning kit, etc.). Are the kits worth the money? Any other venue better to purchase than Amazon?

I would like to hear your experiences and suggestions. This is a big investment (for me) and I do not want to regret my decision.

Thank you in advance!
So to answer your first question, it depends. I would recommend reading up on what exactly RealSense is and what it's forecasted to support and see if you have a use case for it. There is a lot of misinformation on it and many/most/almost all dealers selling this don't understand it. I see a lot of folks using it interchangeably with Collision Avoidance. I'm not going to get into the similarities and the differences between the two here, just too much info.

The difference between the H and the H Pro is the RealSense Module and an extra 2.4Ghz antenna on the ST16 (which I've heard referred to as an ST16+...I don't know about that, mine just says ST16). After purchasing the H Pro, I purchased an H only, as a back up but was disappointed in signal dropping at a couple hundred yards out, so I returned it and got another H Pro.

I see you referencing the H with the UHD terminology for the camera...both cameras are the same. You need to be careful the way some of these are listed. Amazon for example sells a "Pro Bundle" which has led others on here to believe they are getting a great price on an H Pro...the problem is that in this particular case the H Pro Bundle is just an H with a bunch of extra stuff.

Pricing: Yuneec is now enforcing MAP pricing, to my delight because it almost feels like I have a couple of investments...almost. The prices have actually risen in the last month. So as an owner of two, it make me feel better. I was seeing prices for the Typhoon H at $899 (no bundle) and RealSense at $350 as late as a month ago....those prices are history, thank God!

As far as the bundles go you just need to do the math. The batteries can be had for $60+ something now...a significant drop from the original $139. The backpacks can be had for around $50. I have a hardcase for my Q500 4K and if I wasn't selling it, I'd get the backpack for that too...way more convenient for transport than lugging a heavy case around - especially if you're hiking to destinations to shoot footage...not so fun with a bulky box.
I just received a couple of sets of blades (non-OEM) that were half the $70 price for two sets of the real deal. Yet to test but I did the same for my Q and noticed no difference.
Cleaning kits...pretty overrated. Usually all you need is a spray bottle and a wipe cloth that are in these, the other stuff included went to the trash. I can't forget the valuable card readers in these bundles...they're like coffee cups. They seem to be multiplying in my house and I use them...never.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
$599.00 is a lot of money for a sonar sensor .

Not to argue, but to point out the RealSense is not a "Sonar" sensor per se. It uses 3 cameras and electronics to create a 3D image of obstacles in front of the craft. As Steve rightfully points out, it is not a saving grace for sloppy piloting. I have 2 Hs with RS, and one without, and I speak from hours of experience. Mine senses and avoids overhead electrical lines and small tree branches. It will reduce max speed to 11 mph, and flight time by a minute or so.

I bought mine the end of November as a package from Yuneec on Amazon. It was the Realsense with, wizard , 2 batteries and the soft backpac. I didn't know if I'd want the Realsense ,but now that I've used it I love it. I paid $1385. for the bundle

I bought mine the end of November as a package from Yuneec on Amazon. It was the Realsense with, wizard , 2 batteries and the soft backpac. I didn't know if I'd want the Realsense ,but now that I've used it I love it. I paid $1385. for the bundle

Same goes for me. Bought same bundle at same price in Netherlands. Felt the need for real sense because I will video dynamic sporters from nearby and want to deminish risks as much as possible.
Lucky enough I can get the 21% tax (VAT) back, so I have a real cheap set.

Cheers!

I appreciate everyone's input. Lot of good points of view from various experiences. I appreciate the answer on the RealSense detecting overhead power lines. I expected it to detect trees and larger objects. I was curious if the RealSense would detect a power line (say 2, 4 or 6 gauge)?

I did read about the drone's lower speed output as it interfaced with the RealSense capability. I understand the RealSense is not a "safety net" for sloppy piloting. I would like to use this feature for tracking myself in rugged terrain or other areas.

Good feedback..."Thank you"!

Same goes for me. Bought same bundle at same price in Netherlands. Felt the need for real sense because I will video dynamic sporters from nearby and want to deminish risks as much as possible.
Lucky enough I can get the 21% tax (VAT) back, so I have a real cheap set.

Cheers!

Is the Intel RealSense "on" while flying manually (with the controller)? Or, is it only a feature while using the "follow me" mode?
Thank you!

Is the Intel RealSense "on" while flying manually (with the controller)? Or, is it only a feature while using the "follow me" mode?
Thank you!
There is switch. Its the switch between the aux and the (smart Angle and home). Its up to you to turn it on.

I bought a H PRO BUNDLE FROM A HOBBY SHOP.

I got the
ST16 +
2 batteries
The wizard
A soft backpack
The sky view goggles
Extra set of blades
The real sense module
Car charging adapter

That was the bundle they had. I believe it was 1900$ Cdn plus a 200$ mail in rebate.
I'm very happy with what I got, I need to get a few more props.
My very first flight, I missed setting a switch to angle mode, so I took off in smart mode but the st16 was too close to the H and it took off and started flying straight for my car trying to get to the min distance of 25' away from the controller for smart mode, so I powered the motors off but it ended up tipping on its side and chipping 3 blades...I was happy that's all that had got damaged. Something so simple to over look could have been very costly. Very important to research, read and watch videos prior to your very first flight with a new drone.

Reactions: Dr Delta

I got the
ST16 +
2 batteries
The wizard
A soft backpack
The sky view goggles
Extra set of blades
The real sense module
Car charging adapter

That was the bundle they had. I believe it was 1900$ Cdn plus a 200$ mail in rebate.
My very first flight, I missed setting a switch to angle mode, so I took off in smart mode but the st16 was too close to the H and it took off and started flying straight for my car trying to get to the min distance of 25' away from the controller for smart mode, so I powered the motors off but it ended up tipping on its side and chipping 3 blades...I was happy that's all that had got damaged. Something so simple to over look could have been very costly. Very important to research, read and watch videos prior to your very first flight with a new drone.
Until you get in the routine of doing your preflight checks it's easy to overlook some of the switches. I've even managed to bump that switch before taking off so I just have a routine now of making sure EVERYONE including me is at least 30' away. And always use max throttle when taking off and hold it there until you are at least 15-20' high. That will usually save the day if you forget to check the switch.

Until you get in the routine of doing your preflight checks it's easy to overlook some of the switches. I've even managed to bump that switch before taking off so I just have a routine now of making sure EVERYONE including me is at least 30' away.

Yes, that's what I have been doing. I seen a good preflight checklist posted on this site and that's what I read and go through before every flight, I also have a little cheat sheet for each of my switches on where they should be prior to take off so that I don't ever have a mishap because of a switch being in the wrong spot.

Until you get in the routine of doing your preflight checks it's easy to overlook some of the switches. I've even managed to bump that switch before taking off so I just have a routine now of making sure EVERYONE including me is at least 30' away. And always use max throttle when taking off and hold it there until you are at least 15-20' high. That will usually save the day if you forget to check the switch.
On my very first flight using the H in June last year I did all the checks and took off in ANGLE. At some point during the flight, though, I must have caught the switch and put it into smart mode which I didn't notice until after a very bumpy landing. It's so easily done.

Another time before I'd got into a formal pre-flight routine and still a novice with the H, I switched the H on and wondered why the LED light was flashing red when I expected purple short white. I re-did compass several times but the flashing red wouldn't turn off. I must've been at it for 15 minutes and was just about to give up on the flight when I noticed it: Switch was in RTH!...DOH!

I felt like a right plonker. Those formal pre-flight checks are a 'must do', not just to avoid a catastrophe, but also to avoid embarrassment.

I got the
ST16 +
2 batteries
The wizard
A soft backpack
The sky view goggles
Extra set of blades
The real sense module
Car charging adapter

Thank you. I will check out Hobby Shop. Very good point about the extra props. I thought I read that Yuneec put extra props in their "normal" kit.

I think I will need to spend some time getting acclimated to the controller and it's capability before I launch it. I did read it is recommended to go into a large open field for the first flight to get used to it (particularly since it has a minimum distance it separates from the user).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis