Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon h range issue

Reaction score
I recently purchased a typhoon h. It's my 1st drone. I've been having issues with my range. I find that if I go out about 1000ft my screen gets choppy and my battery level goes blank. This happen to anyone else? Flying in wide open fields and even the beach.

I point them so the long antennae point up and the circle one the circle faces up towards the sky
That's as I orient mine. I have no issues at all to a distance to the edge of my LOS (about 1300'). Not even the hint of a break up so I suspect that I could fly a lot further without issue. Obviously something is going on with yours.

Your video is down linked on the 5.8 GHz antenna located inside the camera body.
Some times just slightly reorienting the camera, or the mushroom antenna on the ST-16 can make a big difference.

I recently purchased a typhoon h. It's my 1st drone. I've been having issues with my range. I find that if I go out about 1000ft my screen gets choppy and my battery level goes blank. This happen to anyone else? Flying in wide open fields and even the beach.
Hi, when I don't have to fly the H behind me I always use the DBS directional antenna instead of the std ones. Works perfect but point the DBS towards the H.

dbs.jpg

Always keep a clear path between the 16 and the H. Our bodies are very good at blocking signal.

You're talking about the FPV on the screen? It's the center antenna, not the two straight antennas. Mine came with an extra mushroom shaped antenna for extended range but it is directional and needs to be pointed toward the aircraft.

hmmmm mine came with both mushroom and the thin flat antenna, which is better?

Depends on how you intend to use them. If you're good with always assuring the flat antenna is aimed at the H go that route. If you have a tendency to have the 16 out of alignment with the H, use the mushroom. The flat antenna should provide a little more range than the mushroom as long as it's aligned with the aircraft. It won't provide miles of additional range though.

Depends on how you intend to use them. If you're good with always assuring the flat antenna is aimed at the H go that route. If you have a tendency to have the 16 out of alignment with the H, use the mushroom. The flat antenna should provide a little more range than the mushroom as long as it's aligned with the aircraft. It won't provide miles of additional range though.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital