Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H REGAINING CONFIDENCE AFTER DRONE FAILS

Reaction score
HI GANG
I MUST USE CAPS, BAD EYESIGHT
I AM UP AND FLYING AGAIN, BUT FOR HOW LONG !!!
I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ACCURATELY READ THESE
FILES CAN I GET AN EXPERT TO TELL ME WHY MY - H
CRASHED PLEASE.
THANKS SOP MUCH.
KEITH KUHN
PS I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE UP ON YUNEEC.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H POWER LOSS.zip
    42.2 KB · Views: 11
IT APPEARS A CHANNEL HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE THROTTLE CHANNEL.
SELECT CHANNEL SETTINGS AND LOOK AT THE OPENING SCREEN. IT SHOULD LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE PICTURE BELOW. DO YOU SEE ANYTHING ELSE THE IS HIGHLIGHTED OTHER THAN J1 AND B1?

SpareST16_2017-06-22-23-05-17.png

IT APPEARS A CHANNEL HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE THROTTLE CHANNEL.
SELECT CHANNEL SETTINGS AND LOOK AT THE OPENING SCREEN. IT SHOULD LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE PICTURE BELOW. DO YOU SEE ANYTHING ELSE THE IS HIGHLIGHTED OTHER THAN J1 AND B1?

View attachment 16737
Thank you so much for your reply.
I see only the two that you have showed in the picture are lit up on my screen. I have another typhoon H which I bound to the controller in question. The one that crashed is now on eBay explaining everything that went wrong with it to detail. I can no longer trust it.
I hate to lose faith and unique because this is the only drone I've ever had and I love the typhoon H
All I can do now is keep my fingers crossed. I know about Murphy's Law and what can go wrong will.
How are your flying days doing any mishaps or is it smooth sailing ?
Thanks again Keith Kuhn

It is very apparent in the log for the controller that another channel was added to the throttle channel. It looks like it was J4 (roll). As roll was being applied the values in the throttle channel started dropping until it got low enough to shut down the motors.

The only way to prevent it from happening again is to do a factory reset of the ST16.

It is very apparent in the log for the controller that another channel was added to the throttle channel. It looks like it was J4 (roll). As roll was being applied the values in the throttle channel started dropping until it got low enough to shut down the motors.

The only way to prevent it from happening again is to do a factory reset of the ST16.
Believe it or not the day I test flew that drone I did a complete factory reset on that controller. I believe it is Richard Gilmore who has that great video on the complete reset.
Keith
Thanks again for your interest.
All thoughts and professionalism welcomed

Believe it or not the day I test flew that drone I did a complete factory reset on that controller. I believe it is Richard Gilmore who has that great video on the complete reset.
Keith
Thanks again for your interest.
All thoughts and professionalism welcomed
It may have been two days earlier that I did the factory reset but one was definitely done everything passed when I completed the reset.

It is very clear in the logs. The throttle channel should never go below 660 until B1 is pressed. In this case, as roll is being applied the throttle reading is changing up and down with the roll. As more roll is applied the throttle drops to zero which causes the motors to shut down.

I'm very familiar with this issue and I have seen it in other logs with the same result that you experienced.

It is very clear in the logs. The throttle channel should never go below 660 until B1 is pressed. In this case, as roll is being applied the throttle reading is changing up and down with the roll. As more roll is applied the throttle drops to zero which causes the motors to shut down.

I'm very familiar with this issue and I have seen it in other logs with the same result that you experienced.

View attachment 16738
Wow you are great I kind of wish I knew how to read this stuff but it is beyond me thank God you can do it and I really truly appreciate your help. I'm so happy this did not happen over a congested area or a parking lot or what ever.
the previous crash before this one was a week and a half or two weeks ago which I did repair the Drone.
In that case it would not descend it would not go up down I had no control over the joysticks and when the battery started running low if toilet bowl into a walnout tree. if I were to send you the files on if not descending or going left or right could you possibly figure out what went wrong there ?
Thanks Keith Kuhn
Tomorrow is another day

I can look at them but I can't promise I can find the problem.

HELLO STEVE
HERE ARE THE FILES OF WHEN MY DRONE
WOULD NOT RESPOND TO MY STICK MOVEMENTS.
IT THEN TOILET BOWLED WHEN THE BATTERY WAS
GETTING LOW, THEN HIT MY WALNUT TREE.
I APPRECIATE ANYTHING YOU CAN FIGURE OUT ON THESE.
THANK YOU
KEITH KUHN

Attachments

• MY TELEMETRY CRASH FILES 2019.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
ACCORDING THE POWER LOSS LOS I HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED IN ANOTHER THREAD. MOTOR STOP COMMAND WAS SENT, EITHER DUE TO ACCIDENT OR DUE TO WRONG CHANNEL SETTINGS.

NOW TO TELMETRY CRASH FILES. VERY STRANGE, I NEVER SAW SUCH STUFF UP TO NOW. LET'S GO THROUGH THE FILES:
00045: FLIGHT MODE ALWAYS ZERO, A MODE THAT TYPHOON H DOES NOT HAVE. REMOTE_GPS ALL VALUES ZERO - STRANGE. I GUESS, NO REAL FLIGHT. COPTER NEVER ARMED.
00046: SAME AS 00045, BUT AT THE END MOTOR START SEEN, ALSO NO FLIGHT
00047: NEVER GOT GPS. 19s ANGLE MODE WITHOUT GPS BUT NO THROTTLE, NO FLIGHT.
00048: NO FLIGHT AT ALL
00049: 5s ANGLE MODE WITHOUT GPS BUT NO THROTTLE, NO FLIGHT.

ABOUT WHAT STICK MOVEMENT WE ARE TALKING? THERE WHERE NONE.

br HE

ACCORDING THE POWER LOSS LOS I HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED IN ANOTHER THREAD. MOTOR STOP COMMAND WAS SENT, EITHER DUE TO ACCIDENT OR DUE TO WRONG CHANNEL SETTINGS.

NOW TO TELMETRY CRASH FILES. VERY STRANGE, I NEVER SAW SUCH STUFF UP TO NOW. LET'S GO THROUGH THE FILES:
00045: FLIGHT MODE ALWAYS ZERO, A MODE THAT TYPHOON H DOES NOT HAVE. REMOTE_GPS ALL VALUES ZERO - STRANGE. I GUESS, NO REAL FLIGHT. COPTER NEVER ARMED.
00046: SAME AS 00045, BUT AT THE END MOTOR START SEEN, ALSO NO FLIGHT
00047: NEVER GOT GPS. 19s ANGLE MODE WITHOUT GPS BUT NO THROTTLE, NO FLIGHT.
00048: NO FLIGHT AT ALL
00049: 5s ANGLE MODE WITHOUT GPS BUT NO THROTTLE, NO FLIGHT.

ABOUT WHAT STICK MOVEMENT WE ARE TALKING? THERE WHERE NONE.

br HE
Thanks for looking at it I don't know what went wrong either but things do go crazy once in awhile.
This is why I'm trying to regain my confidence with this other typhoon H I have.
I was wondering if we could possibly be the controller but like I said I have done a complete factory reset on this st16.
Thank you so much again Keith Kuhn I will keep my eyes open to see what happens next.
I'm sure sooner or later something will happen. I hope it is much much much later. - LOL
Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11