Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Region Update

Reaction score
So I bought a Typhoon H from USA but I live in Europe,my question is what region update should i use?USA from where I bought the H,ore Europe,where I am using it?
I am using the USA software and having some gps problems ...after 2 or 3 flights I have to calibrate compass,when I fly forward it goes slightly right also....when I come to land it starts toilet bowling a bit and after I land some gps errors appear on ST16.
I thinks it the software due to the fact that 1.the H is brand new and 2.after calibration it works perfectly for 2 or 3 flights.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you! I hope this solves the issue ,otherwise i will start going through all older versions until the problem is completely solved.

Since you purchased the H here in the US, I'm not sure if you need to undo the US software and install the European software, and from there install updates.
Shortly you'll get locals to chime in, in your area what to do.

Can't I just update the software by doing a regular update ,only this time on the SD card will be the EU software?
I could not find any tutorial on how to delete software from the typhoon and installing other software.Maybe when updating ,the old software is completely wiped.

It is illegal to operate with the US software in Europe because the camera transmission power is roughly 4 times the legal limit of 25mW. The European and UK versions of the firmware have that power reduced to the legal limit and can do frequency hopping in a way that the US version can't. Unfortunately this causes several problems with the TH - it will take about 3 times as long at power up to gain video feed, and bizarrely that video feed will drop out and take up to 4 mins to re-establish when you first raise the landing gear on about 60% of all the times you try, though apparently not everyone using the Euro firmware gets that problem.

You are correct that installing new firmware simply replaces the old version so installing the European firmware over the top should be all that is required.

Reactions: TonyLucas
Thank you!
I had no idea about the fact that it is not legal to run the US software in Europe.I will try the EU software by doing the regular update both on the ST16 and the H and hope this solves my GPS problem and at the same time hope that this will not cause video problems,otherwise I will go back to the US firmware.
One more question ,is a downgrade to an older version of software possible and if so any tutorials on such thing?

One more question ,is a downgrade to an older version of software possible and if so any tutorials on such thing?
It is possible to downgrade by installing older versions over the top, but you would have to find the older update files, which disappear from Yuneec's website as soon as a new version is released. I should also caution you about the wisdom (or not) of doing this because an earlier version than latest may still contain unaddressed bugs which could affect the safety of your craft in flight.

Thank you again for your help,first i will try the latest EU version.Luckily I found a post with an archive containing all the software versions and if in need I have access to them.Hopefully the latest EU version will solve my problems and not cause more.

The only difference in the versions is the video signal power. Do not attempt to install older versions of software. Always use the most current version.

If you are having difficulty with GPS or control problems it is not firmware related. As far as not flying straight, check the sticks using Hardware Monitor and make certain they return to EXACTLY zero.
Have you tried calibrating the compass in a different location?
Also, it is common to get GPS warning when the H is on the ground.

Yes,I calibrated the compass in a field with nothing around.The H runs perfectly for 2 to 3 flights and after that,on a 4th flight,about 5 minutes after takeoff the gps problems occur(once I activated return to home and it went in the completely wrong direction).Also,with the drone on land and with the ST16 exactly next to it, on the receiver it says that the drone is about 2 meters away.9 times out of 10 I fly the Typhoon in exactly the same spot(my yard ,performing takeoff and after that usually the same route).My dji mavic pro doesnt have any issues,only once i calibrated it.Maybe something interferes with the H causing GPS problems or maybe the H is just a bit more sensitive when it comes to GPS.If it was something hardware related I believe the problems would appear instantly.
One more thing I found is that ,when those gps problems occur and I use the "watch me " function ,the camera doesnt catch me in the frame at all (remember when I said that the ST16 indicates that the drone is 2 to 3 meters away when its exactly next to it).

If it was something hardware related I believe the problems would appear instantly.
One more thing I found is that ,when those gps problems occur and I use the "watch me " function ,the camera doesnt catch me in the frame at all (remember when I said that the ST16 indicates that the drone is 2 to 3 meters away when its exactly next to it).
The distance readout is not a good indicator when the two are close together.
I have seen other H's that develop a GPS problem after several minutes of flight. It's quite possible this is a problem with the Flight Controller. I suggest contacting Yuneec and send the FlightLog file to them for analysis.

So I bought a Typhoon H from USA but I live in Europe,my question is what region update should i use?USA from where I bought the H,ore Europe,where I am using it?
I am using the USA software and having some gps problems ...after 2 or 3 flights I have to calibrate compass,when I fly forward it goes slightly right also....when I come to land it starts toilet bowling a bit and after I land some gps errors appear on ST16.
I thinks it the software due to the fact that 1.the H is brand new and 2.after calibration it works perfectly for 2 or 3 flights.
Thank you!

It is my impression from some vids that the s/w for the controller is diff, it does a frequency/channel search for clear communications that the USA s/w may not perform, that explains the slightly slower startup of EU controllers ??

Steve,

Reading 2 meters out from an actual position is well within civilian level GPS accuracy standards. People seem to think their GPS is supposed to be pin point accurate, I can assure you it is not, and not intended to be at civilian levels. At some commercial and all military levels it is, but not civilian. Position is intentionally degraded to prevent it from being used for targeting.

Reactions: MarkC and AH-1G
Yes,I calibrated the compass in a field with nothing around.The H runs perfectly for 2 to 3 flights and after that,on a 4th flight,about 5 minutes after takeoff the gps problems occur(once I activated return to home and it went in the completely wrong direction).Also,with the drone on land and with the ST16 exactly next to it, on the receiver it says that the drone is about 2 meters away.9 times out of 10 I fly the Typhoon in exactly the same spot(my yard ,performing takeoff and after that usually the same route).My dji mavic pro doesnt have any issues,only once i calibrated it.Maybe something interferes with the H causing GPS problems or maybe the H is just a bit more sensitive when it comes to GPS.If it was something hardware related I believe the problems would appear instantly.
If the problem only occurs after several flights (batteries) in rapid succession, it could be a heat buildup issue in the TH.

Reactions: rdonson
If the problem only occurs after several flights (batteries) in rapid succession, it could be a heat buildup issue in the TH.
I usually fly one battery per day ,so about 20 minutes.Rarely do I use 2 batteries one after another,and when I do GPS problems do not occur.I just calibrated the compass again and the H worked perfectly.Can it be that I dont use the drone to often,thus needing calibration?(every 2 weeks it stays in its box until I come back from university)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02