Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H St16s transmitter compatible with H520

Reaction score
I did an experiment today. I installed the Datapilot app on my St16 transmitter from my Typhoon H Pro Realsense. What do you know it connects to the H520 and E90 and everything works, including starting the motors etc, accessing all the menus, settings etc. I have not tried to fly the H520 with it. I started up the normal ST16s and then ran the ST16, picture from the camera appears on the ST16 same as the ST16s, but you cannot change any settings or control anything from the ST16 while connected to the ST16s. You can expand the picture(double tap on screen) but thats it.
My point of all this is when they make team mode available in a future update for the H520 it looks like your Typhoon H transmitter, if you have one, will be compatible for team mode, saving a huge sum of money on buying another ST16s.

Last edited:
Kev, very interesting! :)
No binding necessary with what you did? What do you think about trying to bind the camera to the ST16 while maintaining flight control from the ST16S?

Kev, very interesting! :)
No binding necessary with what you did? What do you think about trying to bind the camera to the ST16 while maintaining flight control from the ST16S?
Hi Graham, just had to enter the password for the E90 camera, then asked for the Password again, I think something to do with the H520. After I did this the St16 from my H480 worked exactly as the St16s from my H520. All features and setting worked, including starting and stopping the motors, flight modes etc. I did not try and fly the H520 with the transmitter from the H480. I then booted the H520 up as normal with the St16s and then after everything was up and running I started the H480 transmitter and ran Datapilot, I got a duplicate screen on the H480 transmitter with picture from the E90, but you cannot control the camera or anything else. Hopefully when team mode becomes available for the H520 this will work with the H480 transmitter as the camera slave transmitter.

Reactions: Graham
I have a question here. Having installed the DataPilot on your ST16, can you effect missions and plans on the ST16 and execute them on the H Pro RS? I have a H Pro with RS and am interested in mapping with it. I have considered the same approach you have already ventured on and am curious how it worked out. . .

I have a question here. Having installed the DataPilot on your ST16, can you effect missions and plans on the ST16 and execute them on the H Pro RS? I have a H Pro with RS and am interested in mapping with it. I have considered the same approach you have already ventured on and am curious how it worked out. . .
Datapilot is not compatible with the Typhoon H

If you plan carefully, you can do some mapping with UAV Toolbox. It's not as easy as with an app that sets up survey lines for you, but it does work. I wish we could transfer SOLEX (for the 3DR Solo) to the Typhoon H. That would give us everything we could need for the H.

If you haven't used UAVToolbox, this just shows you how it works. I use Maps in the Video because it doesn't cost anything for small areas.

If you plan carefully, you can do some mapping with UAV Toolbox. It's not as easy as with an app that sets up survey lines for you, but it does work. I wish we could transfer SOLEX (for the 3DR Solo) to the Typhoon H. That would give us everything we could need for the H.

If you haven't used UAVToolbox, this just shows you how it works. I use Maps in the Video because it doesn't cost anything for small areas.

That's awesome. thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcecleaning