Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Telemetry Streaming to PC via Mavlink?

Reaction score
Hey there everyone. I'm working on a Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) project using a Typhoon H and need to somehow capture live telemetry data information (Lat, Lon, Alt) back at the ground control station (GCS) computer so I can stream in-flight location information into our Sim Lab. This would allow the position of the Typhoon to be ingested into our LVC scenario and be displayed.

I've looked through the discussion forum and found many ways to analyze the data post-flight. But does anyone have a software method, technique, or hardware that would easily allow me to capture this data live?

Clear skies,

-Todd

One of the easiest ways probably would be plugging USB cable into the controller and tailing the telemetry file via adb shell.

Yup. Data's in the log files, stream it from the ST-16.

Thank you gentlemen. I"ll report back when I get it working.

Another possibility would be to put a smaller ADSB transmitter on the Typhoon sending the signal back to the GCS with ADSB receiver and process using Virtual Radar.

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen. I"ll report back when I get it working.

Another possibility would be to put a smaller ADSB transmitter on the Typhoon sending the signal back to the GCS with ADSB receiver and process using Virtual Radar.

Todd, did you ever get this working? If so can you describe your process? Thanks

A Zigbee sniffer would probably do it. Order one from TI or EBay. Little programming required.

Here is how to do it for the Q500:

And here is some code to produce that data, that I wrote for a little experiment. And as we all know, decoding is reverse of encoding... ;-)

A Zigbee sniffer would probably do it. Order one from TI or EBay. Little programming required.

Here is how to do it for the Q500:

And here is some code to produce that data, that I wrote for a little experiment. And as we all know, decoding is reverse of encoding... ;-)

Thanks for this!

Re: pulling data via `adb shell` and `tail`, I’m not entirely sure which file I should be targeting, or where it is. After running `su`, when I run `find / | grep Telemetry` and filter out the resulting files, I get 4 locations: “/storage/sdcard1/Telemetry”, “/ment/media_rw/sdcard1/Telemetry”, “/mnt/shell/emulated/0/DataPilot/Telemetry”, and “/data/media/0/DataPilot/Telemetry”. I have seen files ending with the extensions .utm, .sky, and .tlog - which of these is the correct location? Or is it somewhere else entirely? Also, in addition to the telemetry data provided in these files, I also need the gimbal yaw, pitch, and roll. Where might I find these files?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss