Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H unable to start

Reaction score
So I am fairly knew to all this.

When I go to press start/stop the drone beeps 3 times and the Ready turns to Start. But nothing happens at all.

My GPS has been acquiring for over 2 hours with 17-22 satellites, I have tried resetting the controller and still have no luck (rebinded)

This drone has now flown in over a year. I bought it off a family friend. To keep it simple I charged it, set it out in a field let it sit for 2+ hours trying to obtain a GPS signal (acquire) and when I try with or without gps it simple beeps 3 times fast when pressing start. I have tried all 3 modes S A H.

I am not 100% what you mean.

So I am fairly knew to all this.

When I go to press start/stop the drone beeps 3 times and the Ready turns to Start. But nothing happens at all.

My GPS has been acquiring for over 2 hours with 17-22 satellites, I have tried resetting the controller and still have no luck (rebinded)
I think you may be looking at the wrong "READY" indicator. The one on the right hand side of the screen is the Flight Mode indicator. It will change to "Start" when you hold down the red On/Off button. But if the other one (GPS status indicator) is not also showing "Ready", the craft will beep 3 times quickly and nothing happens.
Look at the GPS indicator block on the left edge of the screen.
Does the "GPS" status indicator say "Ready", or is it still showing "Acquiring"?
Ready.png
If the GPS status indicator is still showing "Acquiring", we can pursue that issue.

Ditto what @WTFDproject has said.

In addition if the GPS on the left side of the ST16 screen says acquiring with a satellite count of 10 or more then remove the propellers, select the Gear (Settings/Calibration) on the right side, and select GPS to Off. Place the Flight Mode switch in the middle position (Angle mode) then hold B1 (red button on top left) for at least 3 seconds and see if the motors arm. If they start then hold B1 for 3 seconds to disarm the motors.

If the motors do not arm with GPS disabled then report that and we can provide further instructions for troubleshooting.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I think you may be looking at the wrong "READY" indicator. The one on the right hand side of the screen is the Flight Mode indicator. It will change to "Start" when you hold down the red On/Off button. But if the other one (GPS status indicator) is not also showing "Ready", the craft will beep 3 times quickly and nothing happens.
Look at the GPS indicator block on the left edge of the screen.
Does the "GPS" status indicator say "Ready", or is it still showing "Acquiring"?
View attachment 28093
If the GPS status indicator is still showing "Acquiring", we can pursue that issue.
The GPS is stuck on Acquiring and will stay that way for several hours (Tested it for 2+ in a field with 17-20+ Stalactites).
The one in the top right it flashes from Ready to Start then right back and the drone beeps 3 times quickly.
Even with GPS off it still does the same thing. I also tried moving locations and the same result occured.

Ditto what @WTFDproject has said.

In addition if the GPS on the left side of the ST16 screen says acquiring with a satellite count of 10 or more then remove the propellers, select the Gear (Settings/Calibration) on the right side, and select GPS to Off. Place the Flight Mode switch in the middle position (Angle mode) then hold B1 (red button on top left) for at least 3 seconds and see if the motors arm. If they start then hold B1 for 3 seconds to disarm the motors.

If the motors do not arm with GPS disabled then report that and we can provide further instructions for troubleshooting.
At this time it does not arm even with GPS disabled / turned off.

The GPS is stuck on Acquiring and will stay that way for several hours (Tested it for 2+ in a field with 17-20+ Stalactites).
The one in the top right it flashes from Ready to Start then right back and the drone beeps 3 times quickly.
Even with GPS off it still does the same thing. I also tried moving locations and the same result occured.
This sounds like a problem with the FC board/IMU that has been seen before. @h-elsner looked at the issue and did a good write up on it. Part of the write up discusses using the Typhoon H GUI to verify a problem with indicated YAW rotation that is strongly symptomatic of the common failure. Check out the document linked in the post to see if matches what you have:

Reactions: DoomMeister
This sounds like a problem with the FC board/IMU that has been seen before. @h-elsner looked at the issue and did a good write up on it. Part of the write up discusses using the Typhoon H GUI to verify a problem with indicated YAW rotation that is strongly symptomatic of the common failure. Check out the document linked in the post to see if matches what you have:
That matched what is happening to me. Any suggestions?

It sounds like you will have to replace the flight control board. It's pretty easy to replace. John Mitchell has them in stock @https://yuneecskins.com/all-products/ols/products/yuneec-typhoon-h-flight-controller-yuntyh133. You can check eBay also.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval