Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs Inspire 1?

Haha have you seen the comparison between the cablecam and waypoints on youtube you must do that.
And yes you can turn the camera around and up and down with the ph3 but with the H you can with the stick turn the camera in every position you like.
So it's much more useable then rotating the drone. Sorry you can not win that of the H the phantoms are not always the best ;)
And when you see a ship passing you do you think there is time to set first waypoints and then doe the shot. Succses with that the ship is alreay gone.
Ok, the H is better. :)

the thing I don't like or would prefer is the same level of after market addons for TH vs Inspire 1. Example, 3d mapping and real time waypoint apps. want flir (not that I could afford it), the support goes to DJI. Want zoom lens...DJI

We have TWO Typhoon H drones- one of the original models and the pro model with Realsense. We have issues with BOTH drones sometimes losing communications with the controller. We have also had a problem with the landing gear not retracting. We now fly BOTH drones without retracting the landing gear because we are afraid that it will not come back down. We love the way they fly but in our opinion but Yuneec seems to have rushed the Typhoon H to market without fully giving it enough trial times to discover these flaws. We have had to repair both of our drones after crashes from flyaway and the landing gear failing. It's a great drone- beautiful in the air and great, stable video but in my opinion, it's not quite ready to compete in the professional market with DJI's current offerings.

I have two Inspire 1 V2.0's and had a H which I sold. Being a commercial operator I found that the CGO 3 is just not good enough even compared with the standard X3.
Lens is too wide and has too much distortion and the images never looked crisp. I also don't like the limited battery indicator in the H and the limited range compared to Lightbridge. The ability to change cameras - X3, Z3, X5 and X5R and the availablility of 3rd party apps for mapping etc puts the Inspire way ahead in my humble opinion.

I am certainly not a DJI fanboy, but having now used DJI Ican't see myself going back to Yuneec in a hurry. Not to say I won't in the future.

Reactions: eric bee
We have TWO Typhoon H drones- one of the original models and the pro model with Realsense. We have issues with BOTH drones sometimes losing communications with the controller. We have also had a problem with the landing gear not retracting. We now fly BOTH drones without retracting the landing gear because we are afraid that it will not come back down. We love the way they fly but in our opinion but Yuneec seems to have rushed the Typhoon H to market without fully giving it enough trial times to discover these flaws. We have had to repair both of our drones after crashes from flyaway and the landing gear failing. It's a great drone- beautiful in the air and great, stable video but in my opinion, it's not quite ready to compete in the professional market with DJI's current offerings.

With all due respect, Yuneec is in some ways repeating the mistakes DJI did with their earlier products. The difference is Yuneec quickly responds and takes care of the customer's problems as they are reported/delivered to them. DJI stuff is generally more mature, as long as it is not the first generation of anything. They rush things out the door too. Bear in mind DJI has been making mistakes a lot longer so they should be ahead of Yuneec. But Yuneec seems be be learning faster than DJI did.

Reactions: eric bee
after some issues with my H's Yuneec have work it out. And with the DBS Antenna i have no drop outs and the bird fly nice (in windy situations too). But there is still the issue that they havn't workout to fly the H with slow movements, they have bring the trick with the trim-flight... it's a compromise

the flight time with all my original Yunnec Batteries is around 18-20min but never 25min.

What the H really need is a better cam. Yes you can get some good videos with the H, if you know exactly all tricks to get a good result in end and you put some time in post.
The X3 from the inspire is an older cam, but still better quality out of the box.
That the new P4Pro or X5 or the new cam from the the new Inspire is much better with the bigger sensor then the CGO3+ is clear too...

So my Biggest Hope is:
YUNEEC give us an optional CGO3pro with
1" sensor

....that we have an great reason to be proud to fly our H after half a year of Beta-Test-Flyers and work all out ;)

Reactions: Merse
Also do not forget Yuneec is in the business of making multicopters 2 to 3 years now and DJI is already doing this more then 10 years.

Also concerning a better camera for the H it sems we wil receive a better camera in 2017, what i'm being told.
Hopefully more news in CES 2017

Marnix

The key to obtaining good photos and video has always been one where fully understanding "the tricks" separates the good from the bad, with any camera and lens. Good photography is not a matter of luck, or having the best equipment. It comes from knowledge, skill, and experience with the equipment at hand. Anyone that thinks they can simply pick up a high end camera and lens and instantly start capturing artistic quality images is a bit naive'.

Also do not forget Yuneec is in the business of making multicopters 2 to 3 years now and DJI is already doing this more then 10 years.
Marnix
Well doing something badly for ten years does not make it any better. Yuneec is also building manned aircraft now. I have seen them in videos and it is cutting edge. I want one!
(Humor)-> DJI ran out of extension cords!
About Us - Yuneec (Scroll down for full size aircraft)

Last edited:
It's a great drone- beautiful in the air and great, stable video but in my opinion, it's not quite ready to compete in the professional market with DJI's current offerings.
I don't think the "H" was ever advertised or touted to be professional level.
On their corporate page it does says SEMI-PRO.

Last edited:
And sells for half of what a new Inspire did at the time. DJI prices didn't drop until the Solo was released, and dropped further when the H was released. I wonder how it feels to know you're getting gouged until some new product is released.

Anecdote.
a8969843-70-TYPHOON_INSPIRE%20%281%29.jpg

No comparison really..
No truth involved either. Go back to your trash site.

Yup... I know I posted this already in the TH vs P4 thread. It also applies to the TH vs Inspire thread as well.

This should be the final graphic (I believe). PLEASE NOTE: If you are 12 years old or less & still wet your pants you will then consider this graphic to be a comparison of one drone being better than the other. It's not. It is only a chart to show the major useable features of each drone. Aimed more at the NEWBIE trying to figure out what drone may be best for their needs.

View attachment 523
People smarter and richer than us(Intel) has invested heavily in Yuneec. If dji is such hot stuff why did INTEL pass by them to invest in Yuneec?

The key to obtaining good photos and video has always been one where fully understanding "the tricks" separates the good from the bad, with any camera and lens. Good photography is not a matter of luck, or having the best equipment. It comes from knowledge, skill, and experience with the equipment at hand. Anyone that thinks they can simply pick up a high end camera and lens and instantly start capturing artistic quality images is a bit naive'.

Agreed, I have seen some artist do amazing shots with some okay equipment. They have all said that it's not the equipment, it's the operator and his knowledge. Most people don't realize a couple hours with a photographer would drastically improve their pictures. Know your lighting is key.

Reactions: ThunderChicken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval