Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs Inspire 1?

I watched the video and just busted out laughing, :D. Just couldn't help myself that was great! I bet the owner of the Inspire threw up some where, I know it would have a very sick feeling.

The Inspire is a better system for serious photographers. It was designed to be, but it's not without it's own set of issues, the worst of which is the manufacturer demanding they retain ownership and control after the sale.

Everything has trade offs and each has to decide what's most important to them while also recognizing what they are capable of and how far they want to go with what they are doing. Up until DJI released their 1" sensor cameras the H stood ground pretty well against the Inspire 1. It easily went against the P3 and is much better than a P2. Where DJI beats the H heavily is the flight control set up when using a map and touch pad. They are truly designed to where an idiot can use them. And they do... The Mavic is smaller, costs more, but video comparisons between my H and a Mavic, same scenes, same day, had the H providing better video. Some of the Mavic's control functions were better though.

So, what do you want to do and how much are you willing to spend? Are you good enough, or dedicated enough, to make full use of the tools that you pay for? The camera is not going to make you a great photographer. Lot's of people buy 5DIII's and A7rII's but still shoot colorful crappy pictures. Lacking composition and understanding light all you have is a snapshot, even if it's in 8K.

Last edited:
So, what do you want to do and how much are you willing to spend? Are you good enough, or dedicated enough, to make full use of the tools that you pay for? The camera is not going to make you a great photographer. Lot's of people buy 5DIII's and A7rII's but still shoot colorful crappy pictures. Lacking composition and understanding light all you have is a snapshot, even if it's in 8K.
Even the best most expensive UAV with the best camera isn't worth crap if you don't know how to compose or stage your shot.

I recently acquired an Inspire 1. I am going to do a series of videos comparing it with my Typhoon H.

Here is the first one.

Reactions: Gomi
With either of the systems, I’d send them packing if I saw them rushing set up and preflight on one of my jobs. Haste makes waste, and severely compromises safety.

I would agree on that very much.

You work much too hard. I just pull the battery and put the whole thing fully assembled in the back of my pick up and drive away;)
Yes, it would be nice if we have a pick up.. But they are not selling pick ups in Japan.

Here is a new one. I flew the typhoon h with the inspire 1 side by side to see how stable they can be. At first Typhoon H was solid. Until there was a warning of magnetic interference and it started moving sideways.. I am on the field with no structures around, but after about 10 minutest in the flight, the interference came so I had to put it down. I thought it was going to beat the Inspire 1 except for the interference problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbie56