Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H with CGo3 getting no power to the gimbal or camera where to begin?

Reaction score
Hey there, I just purchased a Typhoon H with serious CG03 camera problems. It obviously had a bad crash the previous owner had to put a replacement arm and motor. The Typhoon H gets no response to the gimbal and it's like a wet noodle. There is no camera connection, the light on the camera doesn't illuminate. I power up the copter and it flies but on the ST16 controller it keeps showing "Reconnecting to camera"' continually and that's it. I go to settings and it doesn't recognize the camera at all. I've never owned a Typhoon so I don't know where to begin.

Last edited:
As with any other situation where electrical power is not getting to a device, by tracing and continuity testing power supply wires to determine the location power is being interrupted.

As I stated I am not familiar with the yuneec family. Is there a manual to explain the paths to take to trouble shoot the problem?

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
If the aircraft crashed and needed a motor arm replaced, that means it was taken apart and the gimbal mount had to be disconnected to do so. It is very likely that the gimbal harness was not reconnected afterward. That would be the first thing I would look at. You can easily remove the gimbal mount with a 2mm hex wrench and check to be sure it is connected. The photo is my H+, but all Yuneec Hex series use the same gimbal mount and harness.

Gimbal Harness.jpg

There are no schematic diagrams. maybe @WTFDproject can assist?

I don't have schematics for the TH yet, and won't have a way to develop them until about a week from now.
The first stage of troubleshooting is to determine if it is a camera problem or a drone problem. Pulling the hotshoe out using the picture provided by @DCH will not only allow you to check the white connector, but also check the basic voltage going to the camera. If the connector is disconnected, you need go no further, of course. Plug it in, good to go.

However, if you find the connector already made up, you need to check the voltage from the drone. Look for the two connector feet marked VBAT and GND. Measure voltage. Voltage (with the drone powered up) should probably be something around 16V (never measured on a Th, so not sure), but at least greater than 11.1v. (CG03+ does power up on Q500 and steady grip in this range)

If no voltage, problem is in drone.
If voltage is good, problem is in camera.
Knowing which will be a good start for figuring out the issue.

My fingers are crossed that it is just the connector unplugged.

@TranquilityJ ,
No. The black rectangular box is just to help filter stray signals. It does not affect voltage or current in the wires, which are only looped through it.

Are you having the same problem as the original poster, which is complete loss of power to the camera?
If so, the problem is usually one of the following:
1.) Stuck contact on the camera Mount. (See Attachment 18 in document below)
2.) Blown "K" Fuse. (See Attachment 46 in document below)
3.) Broken wire or corroded contact. (See Attachment 47 in document below)
4.) Bad Slip ring. (See Attachments 20 and 21 in document below)

The document in this linked Post contains the Attachments listed above:
"Way To Fix Drones project"

In the image provided by @DCH there is a "black" rectangular box on one wire .. is that a fuse or a choke of sorts?
The correct name for that is an RF choke. And as @WTFDproject noted it specifically filters out Radio Frequency interference (RFI). It blocks AC current but offers zero impedance (resistance) to DC Current. Sometimes referred to as a "Ferrite Bead".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval