Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hi all, I currently have a q500+ and a q500 4K I am also looking at the H and after reading the forums and some of the issues some manufacture and some pilot error, I was looking for feed back with any major issues owners have come across before I purchase, and any feed back on handling, hovering and speed, any feedback would be appreciated thanks guys

Hi all, I currently have a q500+ and a q500 4K I am also looking at the H and after reading the forums and some of the issues some manufacture and some pilot error, I was looking for feed back with any major issues owners have come across before I purchase, and any feed back on handling, hovering and speed, any feedback would be appreciated thanks guys
Being an experienced Phantom flyer I found the H a bit hard to fly at first, but that's just down to me. One thing I've noticed, though, is that with the H having a larger profile I find that it is sometimes much further away than I think: I'm used to looking at a speck in the distance at a thousand feet but the H isn't a speck at that distance. Many would think that this isn't a problem but I think it is: More chance of flying it into something IMHO

(If you've never flown a drone before then this probably won't effect you)

Last edited:
Being also a experienced pilot flying a phantom, TBS Discovery Pro, Q500 4K,and finally Typhoon H, they all have their quirks but with reference to the H although not a major problem, very small inputs on the sticks for rudder or aileron can be quite harsh other users have also made this comment as well, its hoped that a firmware update will correct this, or it may be possible to smooth things out a bit in the controller settings for rates & expo to my knowledge nobody has done this successfully yet, some users have experienced problems losing the wifi signal, some users also have reported camera not being focused properly, I have not experienced either of those two problems myself.

Reactions: FlushVision
Don't know what all the major issues are but mine had the compass board issue. It would "toilet bowl", drift, lose altitude, wouldn't fly in a straight line, etc.

I've had a Q500 4k and currently have a Phantom P3A. I think as far as movement sensitivity, the H is close to the P3 in that they are both sensitive and require a smooth hand (although the cameras don't show that to be the case) I find the transition between flying the Phantom 3 and the "H" to be easy as they "feel" the same to me in flight. I felt the Q500 handled differently...

And you are right,TH has much more speed. The Q is a 17-22 mph drone so it is slow but stable. DJI p3p is a totally different animal from my cousins quad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval