Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typical cell IR?

Reaction score
So I finally broke out my good charger, it's a Revolectrix Powerlab 6, and it'll do just about everything but blow your nose. The up/down side is, it requires a separate DC power supply, anything from 12-32 volts. I've been running it on a 24 volt AC to DC switching power supply, but you can also run it off an ordinary 12 volt car battery if you wanted to. Anyway, one of its many features is cell IR, and it looks like the battery I got with my used TH is in pretty good shape, I got 4.0, 3.3, 2.9, and 4.1, for a total of 14.3 for the entire pack. I still haven't charged my new battery, so no comparison yet, but if memory serves, that's not bad. Yeah, I realize it would be better if they were more closely matched, but I've seen worse, even on brand new packs. So for those that can measure IR and track it, what are you seeing as typical? BTW, the battery in question is one of the Ultra X 6300 mAh. Later.

Dave

All pretty low IR and the range is not too bad... looks like a good baseline to start with.

New to this, but what is the stock Typhoon charger base capable of as far as maintaining my batteries? I just plug them in and they tell me when charged by a green light. But can it do anything more than that? I suppose not, but if not, then what charger would give me the most features at a reasonable price point? I've got a lot invested in my batteries, so I want them to last as long as possible.

I have a typhoon H pro. I have been looking for a charger to check the cells and do a maintenance charge when I'm not flying. (At least a two battery charger) I found this one on amazon. There are cheaper ones that look the same (maybe off brands of same thing). Have anyone used this charger or can recommend one. Thanks
EVPEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger for Yuneec Typhoon H Drones Battery and Remote Controller with 5V 2A USB Amazon.com: EVPEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger for Yuneec Typhoon H Drones Battery and Remote Controller with 5V 2A USB: Toys & Games

Reactions: Prince R Harden
I have a typhoon H pro. I have been looking for a charger to check the cells and do a maintenance charge when I'm not flying. (At least a two battery charger) I found this one on amazon. There are cheaper ones that look the same (maybe off brands of same thing). Have anyone used this charger or can recommend one. Thanks
EVPEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger for Yuneec Typhoon H Drones Battery and Remote Controller with 5V 2A USB Amazon.com: EVPEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger for Yuneec Typhoon H Drones Battery and Remote Controller with 5V 2A USB: Toys & Games

That one is a little weak and cannot charge at a 1C rate for the OEM batteries. You will want at least a 100W per channel charger for the TH batteries. If you plan to use larger aftermarket batteries you may want to go with one that can handle 150W per channel.

Reactions: Phaedrus
New to this, but what is the stock Typhoon charger base capable of as far as maintaining my batteries? I just plug them in and they tell me when charged by a green light. But can it do anything more than that? I suppose not, but if not, then what charger would give me the most features at a reasonable price point? I've got a lot invested in my batteries, so I want them to last as long as possible.

Good start to an education in batteries:

LiPo Battery Care

To properly care for your batteries, you will need a better charger than the Yuneec OEM charger provided, for two primary reasons...

1) The ability to bring the batteries to a storage charge, to extend their life.

2) The primary advantage is the ability to easily monitor Internal Resistance. This measurement will give you the most direct way of tracking the health of your batteries. The charger below fits the bill:

Hitec X2 AC Plus Black

and the corresponding cable for H batteries

H Battery Cable

I use this charger for all my lipo charing. 300 watts per channel. I have some 6S 8,000 mAh packs I use in a couple of electric planes. It can handle the Li-HV packs the H+ uses. Normal full charge Lipo is 4.2 volts per cell. Li-HV is 4.35 volts per cell. It's a beast of a charger and it has never given me any issues.

yes you're correct the charger that you see on Amazon I have one . it would charge to batteries at the same time plus the transmitter . what I like about it let you know how much juice is left before you charge it. but make sure when you charge it and you use it and not want to use your battery for a while then charge it to 80% it will maintain it for a while before you fly again . oh by the way I do not use typhoons batteries. they have better batteries on the market

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you're correct the charger that you see on Amazon I have one . it would charge to batteries at the same time plus the transmitter . what I like about it let you know how much juice is left before you charge it. but make sure when you charge it and you use it and not want to use your battery for a while then charge it to 80% it will maintain it for a while before you fly again . oh by the way I do not use typhoons batteries. they have better batteries on the market

I would suggest you go back over the instruction manual that came with the EVPeak. If you are using it as you describe, you are not putting the batteries in storage mode correctly.

You need a long press on the button til the display word changes to STOR.

I would suggest you go back over the instruction manual that came with the EVPeak. If you are using it as you describe, you are not putting the batteries in storage mode correctly.
yeah I will look into it is I am one fly this morning and test to see how long each battery holds up I'll get back to you and let you know what happens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis