Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox - New release August 16th - 2.3.0

Hi guys,

After a long pause, I'm pleased to say there is a new version of UAV Toolbox out today!

The long awaited fix for location searches on the Mission page is in, as well as some bug fixes for crashes during summary generation (relating to corrupt video files).

The new features for this release are:

* Big improvements to maps - better performance, better map loading, pinch to zoom
* an editable Location field in the Summary page - so you can edit the address of your flight (or look it up online) before you synchronise your flight to the website
* fetch weather information online for Summaries
* improved summary page layout (and a few other layout fixes which could cause problems occasionally).

You can get the new release here: UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16 - thanks for your patience

Great news on the new version. Question: I keep getting a message that UAV Tb has failed to save my mission to the cable cam. Wondering if I have missed something ?

I've already paid once and I will be happy to pay again for your great work. I don't understand why Yuneec didn't open their software to developers as DJI did but that is why I appreciate those who develop for us even more.

As for 1.) A very loud 5!
As for 2.) up to 75$ as that is what my lifelong partner is willingly letting me spend!

Never the less: I would be so very happy indeed, if a program similar to UAV-Toolbox, made for my H+ is to be released.
I seriously miss a tool to preprogram a "flightplan" so that I could focus a lot more on my film!
So; @Tuna Keep up the good work! ?
And while I'm here: Hope you all get to go fly a lot!

Couple of stupid questions. I looked at the web page, but wasn't sure of a few things, so I figured I'd ask.

1. Can you setup missions on a PC and dump to the ST-16? I've seen this functionality somewhere, but I don't remember where.
2. Can you convert a flight to a mission afterwards? If so will it include taking pictures at different places with different gimbal positions?
3. Is registration per user/per drone/per controller? I have multiple H's and would like to know if I'd buy multiple licenses.

I've done lots of survey work for builds in progress, but I would love to have a repeatable mission that I just have to launch and land with the pictures/video being done automatically and the results showing the progression from the same spots over time. Full disclosure: I've done this mostly with my Evo due to the distance limitations of the H.

And the mapping feature asked about would be something that would interest me. It's not something I do, but it's something I could do.

Full disclosure: I've done this mostly with my Evo due to the distance limitations of the H.
Distance limitations of the H?
I agree that the TH is not seen as a long distance flight platform but It is certainly good for operations conducted in VLOS. I know that I still have control and video feed up to at least 500mtrs on mine, the maximum allowed in U.K. law and the limit of my personal VLOS. So are you saying that you operate BVLOS?

Distance limitations of the H?
I agree that the TH is not seen as a long distance flight platform but It is certainly good for operations conducted in VLOS. I know that I still have control and video feed up to at least 500mtrs on mine, the maximum allowed in U.K. law and the limit of my personal VLOS. So are you saying that you operate BVLOS?

No, not operating out of line of site. The video starts to break up (no loss of control) at a couple hundred meters (if that). I was doing a property and if I was at one end I couldn't fly to the other end and still have a strong, steady signal. This is probably 200 yards, 300 at most. This is true of both of my H's.

No, not operating out of line of site. The video starts to break up (no loss of control) at a couple hundred meters (if that). I was doing a property and if I was at one end I couldn't fly to the other end and still have a strong, steady signal. This is probably 200 yards, 300 at most. This is true of both of my H's.
Hmmm. This raises some questions since my experience is that I keep good video from my H to greater distances than you seem to get. Since you say that it is the same with both your H's then your lack of video range is probably not a hardware issue unless you habitually orientate your antenna poorly. Maybe it's the area that you are flying in? Either way, I would expect good video at least twice the distance than you are getting...I know that some pilots in this forum have had good video out to even far greater distances. I think you need to investigate why you aren't getting good video range...you should be getting good video within VLOS at the very least.

Tuna,

If you have unlimited funds and looking to have a lot of fun, obtain a wide open release of Microsoft Hololens. Incorporated with the sUAS C2, video, and telemetry systems it’s a flat kick in the butt to fly with.

With a little work it can be interfaced to “see” and communicate with other aircraft and their payloads. With even more work it can be programmed to allow you to control other sUAS and their payloads from the system you are flying. The 3 dimensional geographical depiction it employs is devastatingly accurate in grid, wire frame, and satellite views.

What’s really fun is finding you don’t have to put hands on a controller anymore as all controls and commands can be performed as is done from an iPad or other touchscreen device, but done using hand and fingers in front of your face in a holographic environment.

I got to do that a couple of times about 3 years ago and found it extremely exciting. It has to have become even better by now. Those that have the talent can use their skills and creativity to develop software that could be sold for considerable profit. There is at least one aerospace company experimenting with it while also offering developer access to some of their sUAS system software.

I'm assuming you have your ST16 antennas oriented properly at the H's.

Any obstructions? Trees?

Tuna,

If you have unlimited funds and looking to have a lot of fun, obtain a wide open release of Microsoft Hololens. Incorporated with the sUAS C2, video, and telemetry systems it’s a flat kick in the butt to fly with.

With a little work it can be interfaced to “see” and communicate with other aircraft and their payloads. With even more work it can be programmed to allow you to control other sUAS and their payloads from the system you are flying. The 3 dimensional geographical depiction it employs is devastatingly accurate in grid, wire frame, and satellite views.

What’s really fun is finding you don’t have to put hands on a controller anymore as all controls and commands can be performed as is done from an iPad or other touchscreen device, but done using hand and fingers in front of your face in a holographic environment.

I got to do that a couple of times about 3 years ago and found it extremely exciting. It has to have become even better by now. Those that have the talent can use their skills and creativity to develop software that could be sold for considerable profit. There is at least one aerospace company experimenting with it while also offering developer access to some of their sUAS system software.
I'd rather hack an old "Top Gun" video game and use it as a ground station ")

Not even close. Your idea is pure fantasy, the Hololens example is real and in use.

It's actually an old arcade game from the 80's with a joystick and a throttle, the seat moves like 10-15 degrees in relation to stick input, has a CRT display, it's probably doable, I've seen one reworked to work with MS Flight Sim.

But thanks for being an arrogant jerk about it

Reactions: SkyVidTek
It's actually an old arcade game from the 80's with a joystick and a throttle, the seat moves like 10-15 degrees in relation to stick input, has a CRT display, it's probably doable, I've seen one reworked to work with MS Flight Sim.

But thanks for being an arrogant jerk about it

Evidently I misread your post, taking it as caustic sarcasm by using a video game as a system performance comparison. But thanks for your assessment of me. I’m certain to have many sleepless nights because of it[emoji33][emoji6][emoji4]

Evidently I misread your post, taking it as caustic sarcasm by using a video game as a system performance comparison. But thanks for your assessment of me. I’m certain to have many sleepless nights because of it[emoji33][emoji6][emoji4]
You misread my post and I misread yours, balance is good.

But ya gotta admit, flying your drone from a mechanical simulator would be cool, especially in FPV racing, whiplash city.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold