Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK Deliverys - TODAY

Then, suddenly start coughing profusely and your boss will send you home sick! LOL Then get some pics up on here to share ! You desire it after the wait!!!

Unfortunately my drone exploits are too widely known in the office including the fact its arriving today. How else will I generate interest in my P3 Pro for sale? ;-)

Reactions: DroneClone
Unfortunately my drone exploits are too widely known in the office including the fact its arriving today. How else will I generate interest in my P3 Pro for sale? ;-)
Then your in for a very slowww day, looking for that clock to hit "Go Home Time" LOL!" Have Fun You Typhoon H" and "Safe Flying":)

Put a hold on mine with UPS and went to pick it up at 7am this morning. Quickly charged the batteries, well not that quickly. Have you guys seen the Cookie Monster Apple add where he waits on the oven, well that was me waiting on the battery charger to go beeeep.

Took it up and it gave me goosebumps. Now at work and cannot wait to go fly after...

All me blokes across the pond are receiving their orders while most of us here in Canada are sitting here looking out the window. Dreaming of better days. Maybe one day we'll fly. maybe one day.

Reactions: sdharris
Typhoon unpacked battery and controller on charge. Hope to get short flight this evening. No spare batteries with it. I might go there on Monday and collect. No rattles all very solid . Controller one third charged. Battery uncharged. Time on charge 1750 BST.

Typhoon unpacked battery and controller on charge. Hope to get short flight this evening. No spare batteries with it. I might go there on Monday and collect. No rattles all very solid . Controller one third charged. Battery uncharged. Time on charge 1750 BST.
They are coming tomorrow via ups again. That's what they told me anyway

They are coming tomorrow via ups again. That's what they told me anyway
Thanks for that I might wait a bit in case they deliver early but I have a very urgent shot I need to take so will probably just go with the one battery. It will be enough as the shot only needs to be 3 or 4 minutes. Battery that came in box took 1 hr 25 mins to go green on the charger. Then it may have been part charged when it came of course. The ST16 which I charged at the same time as the battery now shows 80% which will be enough. The camera was set to 1080 at 30 frames I noticed which will do for me at the moment. I hope to do the compass thing and get one brief flight in tonight.

First video firstH But second flight very erratic broke a prop so it doe fly on five. Main problem cannot get camera to record . Green light is on but video not on card. Very quiet and very smooth.

Not going to chance flying it with the batteries as delivered as don't want a sudden drop in charge mid flight. That said the flight battery charged very quickly the controller however is taking forever.

Initial impressions of the Typhoon H itself is good, I have an inch of silver wire sticking out near the camera mount which I assume is an antenna but it looks short. Does everyone else have the same?

The controller is a bit of a mixed bag I think, looks impressive but the flight mode switch is way too easy to knock up to smart mode if you have it in angle which is worrying as smart mode with its safety circle just seems crazy to me. The quality of the device is a bit suspect, not so much the casing and the screen which is nice but the low quality stickers around the pan, flight mode and gimbal mode switches lets it down overall.

It powered up first time and I was able to control the camera. Hoping for some dry weather first thing to test before the wet weekend.

Edit: Forgot to add the only thing that lets the Typhoon H itself down is the gimbal lock/camera cover is the sort of thing which will break easily I think, especially as its thrown in a bag or case while getting ready to fly and the plastic of the camera housing is a little cheap.

I am bring critical here, but I am kind of a perfectionist.

I pre-ordered mine quite some time ago. I have placed several calls to them in the past few weeks.The most recent possitive call that I made was on Monday afternoon. I was assured that they'd be dispatching on Tuesday morning.... it came and went and despite god knows how many more calls I'm told they've ran out of stock and can't fulfil my order until the end of next week. Baring in mind that I have been hearing the words 'next and week' for at least two months now i have little faith. I don't know exactly where the blame lies here but it really is shocking service. This was a commercial purchase for urgent commercial use and they have proved nothing but unreliable.

First video firstH But second flight very erratic broke a prop so it doe fly on five. Main problem cannot get camera to record . Green light is on but video not on card. Very quiet and very smooth.
Hi Yuneec53. Just a tip here, you will get far better transmission range and reception if you have the antennae (both the whip and clover leaf) set perpendicular to the airframe. So fold the Tx antennae either up or flat to the controller so it's not pointing straight toward the H as this is the weakest portion of it's field. Same for the clover leaf. They both transmit out the side far better than they do out the ends.
The below image shows the gain loss above and below the antennae.
3d-robotics-radiation-pattern.gif

The quality of the device is a bit suspect, not so much the casing and the screen which is nice but the low quality stickers around the pan, flight mode and gimbal mode switches lets it down overall.
They're not stickers, they are a protective layer. You can take them off.

They're not stickers, they are a protective layer. You can take them off.

LOL yeah they have a protective sticker over it, but even without that you can see an indentation next to the aux switch where another punch out exists and it's only a sticker laid in an inlay. Mine is slightly misaligned on the right.

OK so back from my first flight in which I ran the battery down to its warning level. Have to say what it lacks in quality finish of the components it makes up for in aerial presence. Its not rock solid but its pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie