Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK Drone News

Common sense? Hey we have people that drive cars with no common sense. Some of our politicians have no common sense.:eek:

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hmmm. From what I see it's not a problem. Actually this has been on the cards for some months now. I'm not sure how this will effect me, though. Having already got a Remote Pilot's Certificate after completing a classroom course to get my PfCO I would have thought that I'd be exempt from having to take the proposed safety course. Regarding the registration...again I'm not sure how this would apply to me since my aircraft are detailed in my CAA approved Operations Manual so are already registered in that way.

I did see, though, a consultation document a little while ago suggesting that the registration would cost just £5. That document also suggested that compulsory liability insurance was being considered among other things, but I don't recall any mention of the safety course.

Generally, I don't have any problem with this. If I do need to register my aircraft even though I've already effectively registered them, £5 for each of them (if it is £5) isn't going to break the bank. Also I have liability insurance to cover me while doing recreational flights and commercial insurance for the paid stuff, so no problems there. What I would object to would be having to do a safety course and paying for it when I've already done an in depth course with a flight assessment. I'm hoping that those of us that have got the Remote Pilot's Certificate won't have to do the safety course since we have already done that and much more.

I doubt if there will be any 'courses' to attend,

'The drone safety awareness test will involve potential flyers having to "prove that they understand UK safety, security and privacy regulations", it said.'

This can easily be achieved by ticking a box online, confirming that you are aware of the current regulations and will abide by them.

I doubt if there will be any 'courses' to attend,

'The drone safety awareness test will involve potential flyers having to "prove that they understand UK safety, security and privacy regulations", it said.'

This can easily be achieved by ticking a box online, confirming that you are aware of the current regulations and will abide by them.
Hmm. If that's the case and there's no cost involved, then OK. But I saw an interview on the BBC Breakfast program this morning and a 'course' was mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal