Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

unable to start up Yuneec Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I am quite new with drons, have been flying for a little more than a year.

I had my second crash with Yuneec Typhoon one month ago. Indead i crashed into electrical cables and two arms + gimbal attach to the dron broke.

After the crash i tried to start up the dron again and i managed to do it without any problem. The beep beeeeeeeeeeep sounded at the start and the camera was working correctly.

After changing the broken pieces i am not able to start up anymore the dron, i press the start up button but it does not do the usual beep: beep beeeeeeeeep. It justs does beep and have to keep the button pushed to hear the fan moving, otherwise it turns off. I check if there is any cable which is unwired but i find that everything is in its correct place...

I would appreciate so much any help thus the dron is a great help for work.

Greetings,

Fernando

try the calibration radio J repaired a drone th a friend and further to same bell I make the calibration of the radio and beep stop

Reactions: feroko
You may have installed the push button incorrectly. Take the top shell back off and see if it works without the top installed.

Hello Elsner,

I am in Ivory Coast. I work in agriculture in a banana plantation..

Greetings

I tried to connect it to the GUI but didnt work: as if it hadnt recognised the devise...

Thank you Steve Carr, i have the top shell already off. I am going to send a video so it can be better understood.

Greetings

I tried to provoke this behaviour but with no success. The next step after the short beep and the six blue lights on is to switxh on the LED below the motors. After that th flight contoller is booting and the boot-up sound will come.

The only thing I can imagine in this case is a bad battery or bad battery connection.
Do you have the possibility to measure the voltage with a mulimeter?

At green "1" should be alway 16V (full battery voltage, minimum 14V) no matter if it's on or off.
At condensator "2" should be only 16V if the copter is on.
Mainboard01a.jpg
Please be careful during measurement. Shortcut may cause fire or demage.

br HE

Test part 2:
No need to measure something. I used an external power supply to test with low voltage.
Down to 10V the beep will be no more that loud as it be at 14V, but all boot-up works well.
From 9V on it dosn't beep any more but switches through and motor LEDs are on. Below 8V it doesn't switch through but as long as the start button hold down the motor LEDs are on.

Result: Not a battery problem.

In your video the beep is OK, but motor LEDs have no reaction. There is somthing wrong with the power switch circuit, the four MOSFETs don't switch I think. I don't know if there is a possibilty to fix this, no idea.

br HE

Last edited:
Hello h-elsner, thank you so much for the tips and efforts to simulate the fonctionning.

Indeed i think while disinstalling the core, one cable must have suffered and it is supposed to be the origin of the problem. After the crashing and before opening it, the starting up did worked, it is afterwards that it does not work anymore.

For more vertification, do you know what happens if one of the MOSFETs of the wings is not connected, do the other wings' light turn on? Do you think any other cable misconnection can be at the origin?

Video on the link.

GReetings,

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

It boots up with and without the grey cables to the LEDs. In fact I have removed all cables to two of six arms and it's boot-up without problems. The lights on the remaining arms are on.
The LED lights are only indicators what's going on (or what not so far).

Did you have removed the camera completly?

If you think, it has to do with some cabling, I will try to plug in /out what I can reach. The first thing you can try is to remove the connection to the landing gears. It should work without them.
Gear_Servo06.jpg

You can also disconnect the 3 wires (red/blue/black) to the Motors arm by arm.

br HE

Check the two power terminals with a DC voltmeter on the main board while pressing the power button.

MainBoard Power.jpg

If the ESC is affected, this would be BAD. The ESCs are on the mainboard, no way to exchange it.

What I see in your second video (thank you for that) is, the blue LED of the processor unit is not blinking. Mine blinks together with the six blue ESC LEDs.
Your blue LED on the landing gear servo board is blinking as it should. The servo board has it's own 5V power supply.
The processor unit is connected to the 5V power supply followed by 3,3V power supply on the mainboard.

On the processor board there are two measurement points (and some more) for internal testing:
1: I have 4,57V to zero (5V supply)
2: here 3.28V to zero (3,3V supply)

0: is zero rail on the mainboard.
Mainboard03a.jpg

br HE

@Steve,
main power supply cannot be the problem. I have tested this. Motor LED should be on also at low voltage.

Seems the 5V rail on the mainboard is not supplied. I'm currently looking how to check this without touching the processor board.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
After the crashing and before opening it, the starting up did worked, it is afterwards that it does not work anymore.

Still thinking about a corrupt cable or shortcut. One try is worth to do: Plug out the USB cable from the processor board. It's the white connector on the left side of the processor board (picture in #16).

And try also to unplug the status LED on back of the copter.

ok, i am dismounting every cable and testing with the polimeter for voltage...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital