Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unable to update controller firmware

Reaction score
I have been unable to update the firmware in my Gamesir G3 controller to address the Breeze yaw issue when attempting to pan the camera down. I open the update app on my laptop, hold down the Y and R1 buttons, connect to my laptop, wait 2 seconds, and click on Auto Update. Nothing happens on the scroll bar, but I eventually get the upload succeeded message. I've tried different USB ports (I have a mix of USB 2.0 and 3.0), different cables, even running in Windows 7 and 8 compatibility modes (I'm running Win 10 64 bit). I opened a case with Yuneec and they told me the same thing all the forums have been saying, so no help there. Tried calling, but they are shut down for the holidays.

I was finally able to update the firmware in my controller. Had to switch to another computer. Camera now pans down in controller mode, but I did have some issues with the Breeze overshootinging its minimum height restriction and hitting the ground (fortunately not hard enough to cause damage). I also noticed that the displayed height was higher than the height at which the drone was hovering. Not sure if I have to re-calibrate, as I have noticed this recently.

I have been unable to update the firmware in my Gamesir G3 controller to address the Breeze yaw issue when attempting to pan the camera down. I open the update app on my laptop, hold down the Y and R1 buttons, connect to my laptop, wait 2 seconds, and click on Auto Update. Nothing happens on the scroll bar, but I eventually get the upload succeeded message. I've tried different USB ports (I have a mix of USB 2.0 and 3.0), different cables, even running in Windows 7 and 8 compatibility modes (I'm running Win 10 64 bit). I opened a case with Yuneec and they told me the same thing all the forums have been saying, so no help there. Tried calling, but they are shut down for the holidays.

were do you find the update app?

I just returned my Breeze to Walmart - until I could figure out all the faults - I had 7 days but with a fight eventually winning ... it’s one thing to buy something that doesn’t rely on software to make it work- and it’s another to have to figure out all that is potentially wrong with something you don’t assume has any issues - yet they still sell things and leave the consumer in the dark

So many would like to know where the updates are located. Seems to be a secret. How about someone help us all out and post the page / link so we can all have a look. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece