Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Underweight countermeasures?

Reaction score
Hi!

Because I don't plan to use my 920+ with CGO4 camera (BTW I have it), I bought an adapter to use it with CGO3+ and it works acceptable, So, now the overall weight is greatly reduced, which gives me a lot of more time to fly. Today I did some tests. The only hesitating issue is with landing and especially after the touchdown. In windy conditions, the vehicle doesn't stay enough stable on the ground, doesn't matter the throttle stick is fully down. The remote works as should be and the value is minus 100%. Tomorrow I'll try how -105% will affect the stability, but I'm ready to listen to all other proposals, different from a kilogram added weight. I know -125% will shut down the motors. ;)

That seems like a logical approach to reducing the speed as long as you stay short of the -125%.

Does the aircraft seem light on the gear when you first arm the motors before takeoff? Or is it only on touchdown in the landing sequence when the motors do not idle down?

Does the aircraft seem light on the gear when you first arm the motors before takeoff?
Yes. But this is not a problem for me. I'm ready for departure if I chock the motors. The problem is with steady landing, It is landed, but not firmly to the ground. If the wind bursts at this moment I should take off immediately.

Just as an idea. I can add more accus to prepare the same weight as it is calculated and to achieve a bit more flight time than I have lightweight, but this is expensive and with discussable usability.

Better is if -105% works as I hope. Tomorrow will try.

Just as an idea. I can add more accus to prepare the same weight as it is calculated and to achieve a bit more flight time than I have lightweight, but this is expensive and with discussable usability.

Better is if -105% works as I hope. Tomorrow will try.
I have a H920+ and frequently fly it with the CGO3+ camera. The stick limits are set at default. I have never had an issue with takeoff or landing and have flown in winds 25-45kph. When landing, I always activate the left stick down slowly, then at the instant of touchdown, press and hold the motors off switch (red button) and hold both down until props stop. Note: Never attempt to land in "tortise" mode, that will cause the motors to slow down too slowly, always have the right slider in full "rabbit" position. Always try to have the landing site as flat and level as possible.

Reactions: Mike Irish
When landing, I always activate the left stick down slowly, then at the instant of touchdown, press and hold the motors off switch (red button) and hold both down until props stop.
I'd like to avoid this scenario. Today I waited for a parcel almost all day, so haven't time to test the 105% idea, but tomorrow, if there has no rain, I'll try and report.

-107.5% gives relatively fast landing. About 3-4 meters over the ground the copter slows descent down. After that is fully controllable with centimetre precision. After touchdown fast to low idle transition takes around a second or two. Still fast idle is unnecessary fast, but with roll and pitch countermeasures everything is OK. Full throttle down for the whole descent phase gives a hard touchdown, which gives me a hard beat of my heart. ;) Good thing is that there is no "spring" effect on very soft touchdowns, as we can see in 520. Less automatization will be better but sales are the first value for the manufacturer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis