Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Uneven cell charge?

I opted not to bring the “weird” battery but will try to see if I can bring it back to normal state with a few dis- and recharges.

However I didnt even get any airtime as the drone refused to start the motors while parked on top of a boat roof. It just beeped a few times and no warnings on the controller [emoji849][emoji20]

Not really, just one of the steps in the balance process.

Ya gotta figure one cell in the pack receives a direct current shot the way the charge adapters are set up so one cell will achieve a higher voltage than the others during the charge process. The process can decrease a charge state as well as increase so it’s no big deal.

If any battery cell is more than 1/10v off the other cells the charge process will end up one of two things, extremely long or unable to perform a charge. The extremely long cycles are the ones that bother me because it is telling me something is wrong with either the battery or the programming in play. If you only charge one type of battery it’s prolly not the programming because you never change it. One issue I can fix, the other can’t be fixed.

Another thing to keep in mind is the size of the number spread. A 0.1 difference is a lot more than a 0.01 or 0.001 difference. The voltages when the cycle is complete is what’s important. Interrupt a charge cycle early and you can’t obtain any useful data from the cell states.

Reactions: Luftdrone.dk
Maybe it's me but I still think a lot of people dont understand what "balanced" charging is when it comes to LiPO batteries. You can have an unbalanced pack but the charger will make sure to verify if the pack is able to hold the charge correctly for all cells. If not, It will tell you.

Thanks again for all this great info, been flying the H platform for 3 years now but still a novice when it comes to this charging routine (at least when it goes south). I had a SkyRC D100 dual charger for my first H but since the cords wasnt around for the H+ when I bought that I opted for the DY5. I recently sold this D100 with my old H so cant even try to order the new H+ cords and see if that would make a better option for cycling the stages on this battery. I will just try to run the battery a few times through the DY5 and see how that goes, monitoring it closely during both routines.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Maybe it's me but I still think a lot of people dont understand what "balanced" charging is when it comes to LiPO batteries. You can have an unbalanced pack but the charger will make sure to verify if the pack is able to hold the charge correctly for all cells. If not, It will tell you.
Of course they can all be at different voltages during the process, always wait til the end, what I read was it started losing voltage at idle, never had that happen to any of mine, I've come back after 15 minutes or more and there all still the same, that's what I meant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval