Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unresponsive H520

Reaction score
Yesterday my 520 stopped responding to commands from the remote and eventually the inevitable happeden,. It ran out of power and gravity did the rest. The worst part was I was surveying a fishing beat on the river Tay north of Perth. The mission was to use two batteries and it was time to change as it was at 24% left and not too far out to bring it in. I paused the mission and it stopped as requested. That was the last command it acted on. The craft was above the fastest and deepest stretch of the river so it went under instantly and was carried away down stream. The whole time it was unresponsive the E90 was still streaming images to the st16. Even when the software was saying returning to land there was no response.

Remote has been sent to Yuneec so they can determine the issue and hopefully replace the craft and camera as it is still under warranty.

I'm sorry, mate :eek:

I am beginning to worry seriously that a few days ago another colleague reported the same............

Please tell us what yuneec tells you.

Check out my post re the very same thing. Dropped out the sky on full power and full gps etc. No warnings, no inputs and no time to react. Yuneec have now reported from the telemetry that there was a total IMU failure. Sent me a new drone, controller, and E50 camera.

Something is wrong with the H520 and I think Yuneec know it.

Hi Guys

just got a replacement H520 and E90 camera delivered this afternoon. I did not know I was getting a replacement as no one contacted me to say so. in the box there was a letter with the following.

"H520 telemetry data has been checked and we can identify there was an issue with the IMU board which has caused the mid flight failure".

It does concern me that this is the same reason @Ayrshire UAV lost their drone. Does anyone know of any other failures of this sort? Is there a way to do a poll of members to try and find out if this is an issue across Yuneec drones?

Makes me wonder if they are trying to ******** me now. Mines in with them at the moment after a crash and they are saying pilot error, so refusing to cover it. They want £1000 for a new camera (only the gimbal sensor board has problems but they say they can't repair them!) and another £300 to fix the craft. It's looking like this flying pumpkin is just one big lemon.

Reactions: Ayrshire UAV
Same description in both cases, IMU's fault. Will it be a question of the last update or a component of which some units have left the factory defective?

Being covered is good news, but without knowing more data makes you consider flying and going through this process that is not pleasant in case the software is the culprit :cool:

Reactions: Drones.scot
Ive had it back for 4 days and im still not confident enough to fly it given the fact others are expierencing the exact same problem. Other posts talk about the severe lack of updates and part of the reason I bought into the H520 was a video on the retailers website, available on youtube, that says loads of updates were upcoming and the guys at the factory had loads of things up their sleeves as well. That video was posted 8 months ago and from what i can see there has been very little updates of any note other than basic patches etc.
is the link to the video.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
It's a shame Yuneec seem to have abandon this product and its existing customers in favour of promoting the H plus, it's incredible that they released the H520 without basic TX functions but not to be able to fix its mistake after 9 months is worrying

I've been in the same boat over updates since I was one of the first to own the H520. Although slowly it has been improving and updates are on the way. The camera is much better than it was and I've seen shots from the 1.33 camera firmware that should be with us soon and they look pretty good.

I've been in the same boat over updates since I was one of the first to own the H520. Although slowly it has been improving and updates are on the way. The camera is much better than it was and I've seen shots from the 1.33 camera firmware that should be with us soon and they look pretty good.

What improvements have you seen in the new camera firmware?

since i received my replacements I havent even taken them out their box.
I had to. I had a job to finish. I have emailed yuneec and asked them to clarify the situation regarding the failure. Was it hardware or software and what are there plans to investigate further.

Just got this from Yuneec.

“Hi Peter

Thank you for your Email I can only say that I believe your copter to be an isolated incident and you would be ok going forward with your new drone.

We do our best to support you the customer and feed back your feelings.

I look forward to dealing with you in the future.”

Reactions: FasterPastor
I believe your copter to be an isolated incident

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm here we have 2 examples and if we consider that here we are 4, I do not know, maybe it is not so isolated.
The important thing is that they have taken charge, but the question remains whether frimware is to blame, because if we have to make a downgrade to be calmer and wait for the next update is done and everyone happy :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone