Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unstable flight issues

Reaction score
OK like they say the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. For those who have read any of my posts you might remember how Yuneec lost my q500 and after 2 months replaced it with a new 4K model minus a battery, case, strap, sun shield, card, charging cables etc... I ended up using a Huskey tote and foam over my props. Well enough of that sob story.
Have any of you noticed that the newer Q 500 has a sloppy flight? I've done recalibration pre flight and have even recalibration to my st, I've used both stock props and carbon fiber ones which I love, they are half the noise and more stable and do not deform in heat (big time issue in AZ).
So if you have noticed anything like this post please let me know, if you have any advice please let me know, if you think I'm off my rocker hey join the club. Thanks, Frodoe

Ex Biker with his head in the clouds

Sloppy flights as in taking off? Landing? ..or just flying in general?
If you are trying to land and coming straight down you can get in some turbulent air and the Q will be unstable so it's always best to be going forward or rounding in circles when you are decreasing altitude so you wont' get into VRS. Vortex ring state is when you get into the disturbed air underneath where you are flying and can be a disaster.
Sorry if you are already familiar with this but I just wanted to through it out there just in case....

I had mine take off without any remote input. I was hovering about 5' off of the ground right after take off and it crashed into a fence. Other then lifting off of the ground once I got into a hover, I did not have any input into the controller. Yuneec has it now and is looking at it.

I had mine take off without any remote input. I was hovering about 5' off of the ground right after take off and it crashed into a fence. Other then lifting off of the ground once I got into a hover, I did not have any input into the controller. Yuneec has it now and is looking at it.

Flying in Smart Mode there's an 8 meter (26 feet) 'Smart Circle' around the Typhoon. If you step closer than that to the Typhoon, it will automatically attempt to fly away from you.

Flying in Smart Mode there's an 8 meter (26 feet) 'Smart Circle' around the Typhoon. If you step closer than that to the Typhoon, it will automatically attempt to fly away from you.
and why is that ?
doesn't sound too smart.......

I was in angle mode when it did it.

Reactions: Jeremy Stocker
How many Satellites did the controller have locked and how many did the bird have locked. I wait to lift until the bird has 7 or more. Once up and off the ground I settle in to a hover to let those satellites take hold. Do you carry your cell phone on your persons when you fly?

How many Satellites did the controller have locked and how many did the bird have locked. I wait to lift until the bird has 7 or more. Once up and off the ground I settle in to a hover to let those satellites take hold. Do you carry your cell phone on your persons when you fly?
Honestly I do not know how many it had. This was the very first time that I had used it, and yes I do carry my cell phone on me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval