Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update from a Yuneec distributor

We should write a mail to yuneec and all
Technically due to false advertising we should be able to return even outside the return window
totally agree, advertising was wrong, so we should give Yuneec a short time period to fix all that.
Advertising was 100MBs and a wifi range of 1 mile.
Nothing is true, best rate i had was 49MBs, wifi failes all the time, especially when gear up and so on.
I have blood pressure too.
And Yunecc shall fix that with no costs for us.

Reactions: Firman
WTF? What's being said here? That there is a plan to "improve" the currently useless camera by reverting back to some original spec? And WE have to pick up the tab on this? Am I understanding this post correctly? I can feel my BP rising...rapidly!

Please post a link to this FB post (I could not find the post). I would personally like to retort.:mad:
I would take anything a reseller says with a grain of salt.

Technically due to false advertising we should be able to return even outside the return window
In the U.K. the relevant law is the 'Sale Of Goods Act': If it can be shown that goods are 'not fit for purpose', you can send back for either exchanged for goods that are fit for purpose, or money back. It is illegal to falsely advertise goods and this comes under the 'Trade Descriptions Act' enforced by a local authority's Trading Standards Office.

I thinking we could have a revolt soon. This constitutes a recall not more money. If you own a TH then send in your St16 and camera and they send you a new one. I know the TH was to be modular but I thought the IPS was built into my unit. Now we are told we have the beta version so live with it. Hummmmm.

I tend to agree. Not just a paid shipping recall, but also an option for an upgrade kit for those that would elect to do the work themselves. Of course at no cost to the owner upon providing proof of purchase.

I would take anything a reseller says with a grain of salt.
I do, and I hear you. My reseller here in Spain has been nothing but courteous and apologetic with me, but disagrees there is an issue with the camera. He actually said I was spending too much time on the forums and should "just go out and fly my Typhoon and have fun." Well, I have gone out and flown it at least 25 times now. And yes, it is fun to fly. After all, I got into RC and home building precisely because it's FUN TO FLY! But my video is crap, and I bought into an aerial platform specifically to take freakin video. I bought into Yuneec because I had heard a lot of good things about the company and also because I refuse to buy DJI. Man, talk about buyers remorse! :(

We should write a mail to yuneec and all

totally agree, advertising was wrong, so we should give Yuneec a short time period to fix all that.
Advertising was 100MBs and a wifi range of 1 mile.
Nothing is true, best rate i had was 49MBs, wifi failes all the time, especially when gear up and so on.
I have blood pressure too.
And Yunecc shall fix that with no costs for us.
I've got a very good friend in Germany. If I can't get things solved to my satisfaction I will pack my Typhoon up and go visit him, and then the two of us will personally "drop off" my vehicle to Yuneec Germany. ****, maybe I'll even run into the smart *** tech I had to deal with over the phone and insert my FAIL of the CGO3+ his ***.

In the U.K. the relevant law is the 'Sale Of Goods Act': If it can be shown that goods are 'not fit for purpose', you can send back for either exchanged for goods that are fit for purpose, or money back. It is illegal to falsely advertise goods and this comes under the 'Trade Descriptions Act' enforced by a local authority's Trading Standards Office.

My wife 'the lawyer !' says

The Sale of Goods Act no longer applies in UK law. This has been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act and gives you rights to a refund, repair or replacement if something you buy develops a fault.

The Sale of Goods Act has been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act. This came into force on 1 October 2015.

The Consumer Rights Act has made some changes to your rights to return faulty goods and get a refund, replacement or repair.

In addition, the Consumer Rights Act now gives you completely new rights when you buy digital content.

My wife 'the lawyer !' says

The Sale of Goods Act no longer applies in UK law. This has been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act and gives you rights to a refund, repair or replacement if something you buy develops a fault.

The Sale of Goods Act has been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act. This came into force on 1 October 2015.

The Consumer Rights Act has made some changes to your rights to return faulty goods and get a refund, replacement or repair.

In addition, the Consumer Rights Act now gives you completely new rights when you buy digital content.
Ahh. I stand corrected. My knowledge is obviously a bit dated.

Don't you just love wife lawyers, as the 6' parrot says "Here kitty kitty".lol

Ahh. I stand corrected. My knowledge is obviously a bit dated.
From what I understand from the 'long haired' Colonel :) that it's pretty much the same but been updated and modernised and protects the consumer further.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 replaced three major pieces of consumer legislation - the Sale of Goods Act, Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations and the Supply of Goods and Services Act.

The Consumer Rights Act introduces:

• 30 days to get a refund for a faulty item For the first time a specific timeframe has been created in which you can reject a faulty item and get a full refund - now 30 days
  • After 30 days Whether you're entitled to a refund depends on how long you've owned the product.

I do, and I hear you. My reseller here in Spain has been nothing but courteous and apologetic with me, but disagrees there is an issue with the camera. He actually said I was spending too much time on the forums and should "just go out and fly my Typhoon and have fun." Well, I have gone out and flown it at least 25 times now. And yes, it is fun to fly. After all, I got into RC and home building precisely because it's FUN TO FLY! But my video is crap, and I bought into an aerial platform specifically to take freakin video. I bought into Yuneec because I had heard a lot of good things about the company and also because I refuse to buy DJI. Man, talk about buyers remorse! :(

I've got a very good friend in Germany. If I can't get things solved to my satisfaction I will pack my Typhoon up and go visit him, and then the two of us will personally "drop off" my vehicle to Yuneec Germany. ****, maybe I'll even run into the smart *** tech I had to deal with over the phone and insert my FAIL of the CGO3+ his ***.
angry-mob-o.gif

Old version of Frankenstein. Really good

From what I understand from the 'long haired' Colonel :) that it's pretty much the same but been updated and modernised and protects the consumer further.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 replaced three major pieces of consumer legislation - the Sale of Goods Act, Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations and the Supply of Goods and Services Act.

The Consumer Rights Act introduces:

• 30 days to get a refund for a faulty item For the first time a specific timeframe has been created in which you can reject a faulty item and get a full refund - now 30 days
  • After 30 days Whether you're entitled to a refund depends on how long you've owned the product.
That's it, we have the same kind of consumer right laws in Ireland I am seriously considering returning mine within the 30 days and sitting it out to see if they really fix the camera, or if they will just offer to change the lens and keep the horrible in camera over processing and wash their hands of it....

I just checked my Amazon return dates................... 30 days was the 24th. ******!! Looks like I'm stuck now, and will have to hope they do some retrofits. The camera is just not very good.

For the record, the facebook thread that this quote was lifted from took a rather bizarre turn.
The 'distributor' appears to have had a motive for his 'help' in that he was marketing a new Antenna.
Some other members posted some doubt to the legality of power output in the UK. This turned into a row and eventually the 'distributor' spat his dummy out.

So, I would indeed take the above comments with a hefty pinch of salt.

Reactions: banned user
[QUOTE="OnTheRopes, post: 27075, member: 2716"

There is an external 2.4gHz antenna kit available for the drone itself. It's a revised version of The FPV Guy's mod.

Look for it from Carolina Drones. Frank and I have already sourced the hardware. Much neater 2.75cm stubby antennas with a 2dbi gain. The 15cm 5dbi antennas Bo used are too long and a 5dbi gain is unnecessary.

Frank will be the first to have the new ITELITE antenna, the external 2.4gHz antenna kit for the H and he's already got the replacement 98deg lens for the camera.

Be on the lookout soon for a balance charger lead for the H's battery pack.

Anyone needing advice, information on product availability and sourcing, modification can feel free to contact me for information.

Most people are happy with the H; I'm dead set on improving it.[/QUOTE]

So, any idea where I can find the antenna mods for both the H and the ST16? I've been looking since Bo posted his mod video and have seen nothin on the CD site....

This was posted on a Typhoon H Facebook page

I'm a YUNEEC dealer based in Ireland.
I've been following the progress and advising on development of the TYPHOON H.

Ryan Kephart YUNEEC USA is currently trying to assist me with resolving the issue of switching between EU and International Firmware. They intend to reconfigure the bootloader protocols.

This will also resolve the annoying connectivity issues experienced by EU users.

There is an upgrade coming called the ST16+ with 2x external 2.4gHz antennas. Possibly also an internal patch antenna to replace the secondary internal 5.8gHz whip antenna.

Don't worry because existing ST16 radios are easily modified to the new configuration at low hardware cost.

There is also a plan to revert back to the original 98deg lens tested for the CGO3+ camera.

Better/sharper focus and no soft edges, I'm not sure why they opted for the 115deg lens.

Again the modification for existing cameras is quite easy although a little expensive.

I'm working with ITELITE to develop or actually reconfigure the range booster for the ST10+ to work on the ST16.

It already has 2x 2.4gHz ports & 1x 5.8gHz port. Only the wrong way round at the moment for the new ST16+.

Good news from Germany, there is already an antiglare screen protector for the ST24 which works on the ST16 but it's a bit too small as the screens are slightly different.

The company has already been advised of the size difference for future manufacturing.

There is an external 2.4gHz antenna kit available for the drone itself. It's a revised version of The FPV Guy's mod.

Look for it from Carolina Drones. Frank and I have already sourced the hardware. Much neater 2.75cm stubby antennas with a 2dbi gain. The 15cm 5dbi antennas Bo used are too long and a 5dbi gain is unnecessary.

Frank will be the first to have the new ITELITE antenna, the external 2.4gHz antenna kit for the H and he's already got the replacement 98deg lens for the camera.

Be on the lookout soon for a balance charger lead for the H's battery pack.

Anyone needing advice, information on product availability and sourcing, modification can feel free to contact me for information.

Most people are happy with the H; I'm dead set on improving it.
So there is going to be a newer DBS? I have one on both my st10 and st16, and they work great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval