Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update H920 Tornado Drone Firmware

Reaction score
Downloaded current firmware as of 21OCT2017 from Shopping with the download URL: http://us.yuneec.com/files/downloads/h920/h920_fc0_v1.01_10_05_2015.bin

I called Yuneec, who mentioned that to update/upgrade/reset the firmware, you use a micro USB connection, similar to the update process on the Yuneec Q500 quadcopter.

My question is: How do I actually install the update? There's no GUI (Graphic User Interface), instructions, or any other information online as how to actually update/reset the drone firmware. Any answers would be much appreciated.

Do you have the 920 or 920+? In a conversation with Terrestrial Imaging this morning this subject came up. They do all their 920 updates through the ST-16. Might want to give them a call.

In another conversation with Yuneec last week I was informed the Typhoon H GUI works with the 920. You can change the altitude limits there if desired. The 920 does not have any NFZ coding should you wonder about that.

Do you have the 920 or 920+? In a conversation with Terrestrial Imaging this morning this subject came up. They do all their 920 updates through the ST-16. Might want to give them a call.

In another conversation with Yuneec last week I was informed the Typhoon H GUI works with the 920. You can change the altitude limits there if desired. The 920 does not have any NFZ coding should you wonder about that.
Thanks Pat, just bought the 920 and this information I can use.!

So, I've tried to look at the aircraft using the GUI for the Typhoon, and it would not connect. My H480 connects seamlessly. Any suggestions on this front?

I was once told by Yuneec the original 920 can connect with the Q-500 GUI but not the H GUI. I do not know if that is true.

I was once told by Yuneec the original 920 can connect with the Q-500 GUI but not the H GUI. I do not know if that is true.
ok finally connected using the H GUI and was able to get my serial numbers for the NFZ fix. The conversation with a tech this am indicated I was misinformed about the NFZ as the 920+ apparently does have restrictions in the software.

Ok received the license key and installed through H GUI will be going out shortly to find out if it worked. Pretty sure it will. I am getting excited about this aircraft again, woo hoo!

Thank you, DoomMeister. I am rather new to Yuneec system. I purchased H920 (not plus) for work purposes (research institute). However, soon after I got it, I realized that it does not have way points (which is important for me). I thought that this is only a software update. For this reason, I started to browse the interet for information regarding ST24 software updates. However, I did not find much.. Moreover, it seems that there is no way to get waypoints working on H920 (not plus).

Start a thread in the H920 Discussion about way points there are a few on the forum that use both 920 and 920+ that could elucidate on that topic.

I see that you are from Germany. If you scroll to the bottom of the Yuneec website you should be able to change to the DE site.

I am located in Germany, Leipzig (working at Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research). However myself, I am from Lithuania. I much prefer English as language. Thank you! I will start thread as suggested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis