Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update on UK range?

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Typhoon H Advanced in the UK, and I contacted Yuneec in advance about the spec. They say all ST16s now come with the additional antenna (3 in total) and patch antenna as an option. This is good news as I thought that only applied to the Pro version. My question is, has the video transmission range increased above 500-600m as a result of updates since launch? I've read various things about CE range exceeding 1km now, while others staying it is still around the 600m mark. What's the situation in the UK these days, assuming it is in an environment without obstruction/interference?

I have just purchased a Typhoon H Advanced in the UK, and I contacted Yuneec in advance about the spec. They say all ST16s now come with the additional antenna (3 in total) and patch antenna as an option. This is good news as I thought that only applied to the Pro version. My question is, has the video transmission range increased above 500-600m as a result of updates since launch? I've read various things about CE range exceeding 1km now, while others staying it is still around the 600m mark. What's the situation in the UK these days, assuming it is in an environment without obstruction/interference?
I'm on the EU firmware. I can't say if the video range has increased since all of my flights are conducted VLOS. I can say that I have never had video dropping out and the furthest I've flown it was a bit over 1300 feet. Please note, though, that the CAAs limit for flying out is 500m and within LOS to remain legal.

Reactions: Baishy
In a completely unobstructed environment, using EU/UK firmware and original stock antenna, it's possible to fly out to usefully over a kilometre.

Certainly when flying within visible range,I've not had problems with the standard kit. The upgraded antenna should make the link more robust inside of that range.

Reactions: Baishy
Thanks both for your replies. I tend to stick within the LOS rules but was equally interested to know what the limitations are. The main thing is that it reliably stays connected within LOS, as you have both said. I had a suspicion that the Yuneec spec. was now a bit conservative (which is refreshing when often manufacturers over state this type of info).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss