Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Upstate SC, USA

Did the same thing. Almost lost the drone. Started trying to fly away, both upwind and other directions. I would have control a few seconds, then loose it for a few seconds. The craziness started while I was straight overhead. Max distance of fly away was only a couple hundred feet, but more than enough to be intensely aware getting back was not a great probability. Did manage to get it over its normal landing area and land. Then just stood there feeling both lucky and relieved. Don't think I'll be doing that again.

Did the same thing. Almost lost the drone. Started trying to fly away, both upwind and other directions. I would have control a few seconds, then loose it for a few seconds. The craziness started while I was straight overhead. Max distance of fly away was only a couple hundred feet, but more than enough to be intensely aware getting back was not a great probability. Did manage to get it over its normal landing area and land. Then just stood there feeling both lucky and relieved. Don't think I'll be doing that again.

First of all you didn't specify which drone you are flying.
Second, why are you flying in cold weather which is not recommended for the battery condition?
You are lucky to get your drone back. Happy Endings.

Flying in the temperatures @Taco of the Hill People was in, is of little consequence... other than keeping a close eye on battery levels, as you will have shorter flight times as the temperature drops.

However as @AH-1G points out, the real danger is in flying in any kind of mixed precipitation... sleet, freezing rain... and worse, you rarely have the identical conditions at 200+ feet as you do on the ground. Icing the props was the real danger, and the loss in lift is usually with little or no warning... you're just SOL.

Well I have several drones. And I sent up an h480. It did quite well. I flew about 10 minutes. As the lense became iced. Still had half life on the battery. And what is the point of saving it? A drone is to do what you cannot. I wanted to see the lay of the land.

Reactions: AeriaL
Well, I guess I see your point... having several aircraft does give you more options, of just going for it and seeing what happens... and either way, you'll land. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430